Author Topic: VMX mags what are they currently worth  (Read 5183 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMX mags what are they currently worth
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 01:32:01 pm »
Hope this does not become a Nana state.  feck the Pc bull shite
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:09 pm »
 Hi,
I you do something wrong, you should be reminded of it every now and then  just in case you forget, and do it again !
just ask Greg Chapple, he won't forget his mistake any time soon !  cheers

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 02:17:33 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DT hats funny Micheal.....doh.....you've offended the Aussie's now!!! ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 03:13:39 pm »
Yep, Dave sure fuc*ed up and has upset a lot of people. Good, I think he and the rest of the VMX community now know it so lets move on. The continuous negativity on this forum is growing to plague proportions and if it's not nipped in the bud the whole thing will turn to shit. I'd rather read about how to make a throttle cable, see Tom, Dick or Harry's new project or given a lead on a bargain on eBay than continuously read posts about Dodgy Dave, the evil good old boys and how fuc*ed up the world is. If I want to know how fuc*ed the world is I'll turn on the telly. For a bit of self education, go back over some threads from a couple of years ago and notice how many members who were then regularly posting have resigned or just don't bother posting any more. If you did a quickie poll with these people you'd find that a big percentage of them have dropped out because of the continuous negative and abusive posts. I've spoken to a lot of different people since I resigned and I was not so surprised to find that most agreed with my reasons for getting out.

There was a time when this was the best little forum in VMX. The cameraderie was fantastic, the 'help out a mate' network was working a treat and many a friendship was formed through meeting in this place. Then bit by bit the odd negative slag morphed into whole threads set up just to belittle or make fun of someone whether they deserved it or not. Taking the piss is one thing but some of this stuff is just plain nasty.

For this forum to work in the way it is intended we need to behave and contribute in a positive way and act like responsible grown ups. I know members of the forum who have a shed full of unusual and interesting bikes and who posessa lot of historical and mechanical knowledge yet their posts are almost alway boring little one liners containing nothing of interest. Why not show us whay you've got in the shed, educate us with your knowledge or at the very least, support someone who has started a positive and in formative thread with a decent contribution.

I left this forum because I was tired of the negativity and the lack of action on keeping it under control. I'm posting this on an old account we at Klub Kevlar Central used to use as a group but had become inactive purely because I could see that something was finally being done to keep the forum on an even keel and that Mod1 needed some support and wasn't getting it from you blokes. The moderator isn't there to cop your shit, he's there to keep everything happy and take some of the load off Graeme who's getting pretty tired of all of this shit anyway. I plead with you all to respect each other and to give the moderator and Graeme the respect for wanting this to remain a good forum.
just ask Greg Chapple,
            Trevor Chappel.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:40:06 pm by oldschool »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »
 Regardless, its still a good forum.
  It's big enough now to be representative of various identities that we're all aware of in the big wide world.
 Accentuate the positive ignore the negative [to paraphrase an old song]
 cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »
   P.S back to the thread, I have one of every issue and two of some [where I thought I was  looking at a new copy in the shop but I'm wasn't!] pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!