Author Topic: New scam  (Read 72108 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Re: New scam
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »
Can't quite put my finger on why, but I think this may be one of those Nigerian scams I keep hearing about...

Access Bank of Nigeria Plc
(Authorized and regulated by the Central Bank)
Plot 1665 Oyin Jolayemi Street,
Victoria Island,Lagos Nigeria
From Dr Herbert Wigwe ( DMD )
Phone #: +234-83-430498
Direct Mobile #: +234-80-77125212
         CONTRACT/INHERITTANCE FUND CREDIT FROM ACCESS BANK OF NIGERIA
This is to officially inform you that we received a credit instruction from the Federal Government of Nigeria to credit your account with your full inheritance/contract fund of US$10.5million from the Nigerian reserve account with our bank.
However, what we required from you is your banking particulars where you want your fund to be transferred.
Your full name/Address
Your Direct Mobile Number
Your Bank name/Address
Your A/C name and numbers
Your Swift code / Routing numbers
Copy of your passport or Drivers License

Be informed that transfer will commence immediately we hear from you with the account information. Once more, Access Bank of Nigeria Plc will not hesitates to credit your account within 48hours in accordance with fund release order regulations.
Your immediate response is highly needed to enable us commence for the transfer and make sure you call me immediately you receive this email on my direct Mobile #: +234-8108197540.
Thanks for banking with Access Bank of Nigeria while we looking forward to serving you better.
Yours Faithfully,
MR.HERBERT WIGWE
DEPUTY MANAGING DIRECTOR
ACCESS BANK OF NIGERIA
DIRECT PHONE: +234-80-77125212
Geoff I don't get any of these and am missing out on the fun.
What would happen if you sent an email to Mr Herbert Wigweeeeee stating that there must be some mistake as you have already received the $10.5 mill. ;D ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2013, 01:28:10 pm »
Never ever reply to these shits even in jest. They then know the computer list target is a real person.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2013, 10:37:55 am »
From South Africia YZ250 
http://www.e-dirt.co.za/site/forum_posts.asp?TID=51583&PID=825617&SID=0911834z971e66z71d4cc85c7ded0641203704#825617

My Name is Michael Foster. on 24 February 2013 I delivered my bike to an interested buyer who called me regarding my AD on Gumtree.
I fell victim to a false check. I got the confirmation sms from FNB to say that the money had been payed into my account. which I didnt think much of and left Bloemfontein for Johannesburg. i delivered my bike to a "Milton" tel no. "0724165035" and "Brian" tel no. "0762088525" are the guys. their numbers are active and they have the bike and will release it for cash. his address he gave me is : House number 204, Doris and York, Berea North Johannesburg. I'm from Durban and do not know Johannesburg that well. When i arrived there, Milton phoned and said his son, Brian< was at Soccer practice at Ellis Park Rugby Stadium and i should meet him there. i met Brian( Black male, dressed in his soccer kit, accomplice also black male, no name mentioned) at 10H30 in the morning, He said he is finishing soccer practice and his lift will pick him and the bike up later. I'm currently working in Bloemfontein so i offered to deliver the bike to him. upon arrival back in Bloem at about 16H00, i phoned Milton just to see if he got the bike and was happy. His reply was "the bike is with a private courier company". and then it sunk it. I quickly logged into my Online Banking account to find the funds had been deposited as a cheque at an ATM, and they were "pending" and uncleared. im only 19, my bike is all i had, and now i sit with Nothing.

These guys are professionals, they phone you enquiring about your bike and ask to see pictures, but never see the bike before they buy it, they ask for a full description of the bike, and these guys even went as far as to ask me to start the bike for them so that they could hear it and make sure the motor runs etc.

Upon further research I found various numbers and scam reports which match the same numbers that called me. 2 cases that stuck out involved a Enock Nkosi ( 0810496305) who also deposited a cheque at an East Gate ATM and collected the goods without the money being cleared, and people were caught out.

When Milton 1st called me, he requested i send him photo's. i got an email address which was  mailto:[email protected] - [email protected] and also another being  mailto:[email protected] - [email protected]. when i googled these email addresses a previous scam complaint had appeared involving a Jason Mathebula, ID no : 6308145635080, his cell no : 0833666782.

As far as i can see, these scams are mostly linked together, so there is a high rate of scamming going on, particularly on the Junkmail and Gumtree websites. I have recieved numerous phone calls from people who were worried, being in the middle of the deal and reading about my situation on various social media pages. Apparently these scammers are operating very heavily in the East Rand. They target Sound equipment as well as motorcycles.

My bike is a Blue Yamaha YZ250 2003. i do not have an engine number, but a frame number is : JYACG120000008763. its a 2 stroke. it has a skull sticker kit on it, and the number boards have " Foster 22" on them. i am not the first, and i gaurantee i wont be the last. if the cell phone numbers above are googled, matches are found on the website  http://www.reacrime.co.za/ - www.reportacrime.co.za. from previous scams they have committed.

here is a scam ad that has a cell phone number match.  http://www.automart.co.za/cars/for-sale/vw-golf-velocitimodel-2008-id-1037061 - http://www.automart.co.za/cars/for-sale/vw-golf-velocitimodel-2008-id-1037061

I have many fake ID's these guys use, a list of numbers and previous scams. Also, i have information (bank statements, police cases ETC) on a guy who was scammed out of his 2009 KX450F Fuel Injection for R39500. i am trying to collect as much information from as many people so that i can take it to Carte Blanche and hand it over, so we can stop this, or atleast reduce the business they are getting.
For further information or if you are interested in helping, please contact Michael : 0711206390.
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2013, 04:06:18 pm »
How many other Mark Firkins are there, not too many according to Google.

I am Mr John Strong; I work with One Tracking ltd, a consulting Firm in London, UK. We are conducting a standard investigation involving a client who shares the same name with you.
The HSBC Private Banking client died intestate and nominated no next of kin to inherit the title over the investments. The essence of this communication is to request that you provide us information on these issues:
1-Are you aware of any relative/relation having the same surname,whose last known contact address was Madrid, Spain?
2-Are you aware of any investment of considerable value made by such a person at the HSBC Bank Plc.?
3-Can you establish beyond reasonable doubt your eligibility to assume status of next of kin to the deceased?
You must appreciate that we are constrained from providing you with more detailed information at this point.
Please respond to my private email [ [email protected] ] as soon as possible to afford us the opportunity to close this investigation.

Thank you for accommodating our enquiry.
Yours sincerely,
Mr john Strong.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2013, 08:11:57 am »
Google "404" as its the american law against scams. there is a whole community who "engage" with the scammers, have pics of them and chat with them while they work on identifying them. The real shame is the poor loosers who get hooked...

In Nigeria you are a "Warnie / Boony/ jessa" if you rip off an american. its there new status symbol.

Romania on the other hand is the bus capital of scamming. there is a little outback town that has 10mill a week (yep) wired into it from us and euro scams. the ring leader "doesnt own a computer" its amazing...

this busted arse town has a new Merc / Audi and BMW dealership and Armani, d/g etc. it doesnt pay to mention scams though as a black merc will pull up, a couple of gun toting thugs will then see that you leaving right now!

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2013, 09:06:53 pm »
I was selling my wifes 2010 Toyota on Gumtree and on ebay. I recieved a call from a lady advising she wished to purchase it, and made an offer. Requested I send her some more pictures to her email and mobile phone.
Did all that, then advised she wanted to send the car O.S for her son. I advised "no worries" you can do that after you pay for it. Wanted to pay paypal including shipping costs etc and sent quotes to me via email for shipping, offered handling fees etc.
Got an email for paypal, stating that funds were in my account to be cleared once shipping was organised and paid for by me ( was suppossed to be car price, shipping and handling in my paypal account)
I advised that I wanted cash in my bank, no cheques etc . At this point I made paypal and gumtree aware of the scam, which I had worked out long before, they didn't even flinch when I asked them to use my "work" email address ( [email protected] )

The paypal email,calls etc were all very professional.

You can't be too careful!!!!
Cheers
Kim :P

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »
Look send your money to me,( PM for  account  details) You wont be feeling lousy or stupid for divesting your hard earned on a "scam" . Because well   it's not one, it's a request. Tim754
 :)
Yep the above request whilst being unethical is legal  Think about it "Charities" have been doing it for years. >:(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:31:52 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:54 pm »
The 10% donation to the orphanage is a lovely touch.
rgent Reply

Greetings to you and your family, I am the manager of bill and exchange in THE BANK, I have a business of 5.5 Million United State Dollars to be transfer to your account for investment in your country, if you are ready to assist me get back to me, I will give you full details on how the fund will be transfer to you.
Be rest assured that everything will be handled confidentially because, this is a great opportunity we cannot afford to miss, as it will make our family profit a lot.

It has been 6 years go, that most of the greedy African Politicians used our bank to launder money overseas through the help of their Political advisers.
Most of the funds which they transferred out of the shores of Africa were gold and oil money that was supposed to have been used to develop the continent.

The Political advisers always inflated the amounts before transfer to foreign accounts so I also used the opportunity to divert part of the fund worth five million five hundred united state dollars I told you about and I am aware that there is no official trace of how much was transferred as all the accounts used for such transfers of fund at that particle time were closed after transfer.

I am the account officer to most of the politicians and when I discovered that they were using me to succeed in their greedy act, I also cleaned some of their banking records from the Bank files and no one

cared to ask me for the money was too much for them to control, as I am sending this message to you, I was able to divert five point five Millions Dollars ($5.5M) which is in an escrow transit account belonging to no one in the bank, and now my bank is very anxious to know the real beneficiary of the funds is for they have made a lot of profits with the fund.

It has been more than five years ago and most of the politicians are no longer in power again and they don’t use our bank to transfer funds overseas anymore since their tenure had expired.

The $5.5 Million United State Dollars has been lying in the bank as unclaimed fund and i will soon retire from the bank immediately the fund is transfer into your account over there.

Immediately the fund has been successfully transfer into your account i will come to your country for the sharing of the fund, the fund will be shared 50% for me and 40% for you, and the other 10% for the orphanages home and poor with less-privilege people.

Please know that there is no one that is going to question you about the fund if you will comply with me and follow my instruction which will help us a lot to achieve this goal for everything is well secured.

Please indicate your interest in this transaction by replying back and if you are not interested do not waste your time to reply kindly delete my message from your box ok.
Reply throught my email address [email protected]

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,
Mrs Marina Parma.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:01:42 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2013, 01:05:47 pm »
I think I love Ruki

Dearest One,

I am writing this mail to you with tears and sorrow from my heart. My name is Miss Ruki Kones, I'm 23yrs old female and I held from Kenya. My father was the former Kenyan road Minister. He and Assistant Minister of Home Affairs Lorna Laboso had been on board the Cessna 210, which was headed to Kericho and crashed in a remote area called Kajong'a, in western Kenya.The plane crashed on the Tuesday 10th, June, 2008.
You can read more about the crash through the below site:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/06/10/kenya.crash/index.html

After the burial of my father, my stepmother and uncle conspired and sold my father's properties to a Switzerland Expertrate which they shared the money among themselves and live nothing for me. One faithful morning, I opened my father's briefcase and found out the documents which he have deposited huge amount of money in one Bank in Burkina Faso with my name as the next of kin.

I traveled to Burkina Faso to withdraw the money for a better life so that I can take care of myself and start a new life, on my arrival, the Bank Director whom I met in person told me that my father's instruction to the bank is that the money would only be release to me when I am married or present a trustee who will help me and invest the money overseas. I am in search of an honest and reliable person who will help me and stand as my trustee so that I will present him to the Bank for transfer of the money to his or her bank account overseas. I have chosen to contact you after my prayers and I believe that you will not betray my trust. But rather take me as your own sister.

Though you may wonder why I am so soon revealing myself to you without knowing you, well I will say that my mind convinced me that you may be the true person to help me. I will like to disclose much to you if you can help me to relocate to your country because my stepmother has threatened to assassinate me. The amount is($7.2 USD) Million United State Dollars, and I have confirmed from the bank in Burkina Faso on my arrival, You will also help me to place the money in a more profitable business venture in your Country. However, you will help by recommending a nice University in your country so that I can complete my studies.

It is my intention to compensate you with 30% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my capital in your establishment. As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. In the light of the above, I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction sincerely. I'm waiting your urgent and positive response. Please do keep this only to your self.

I beg you not to disclose it till i come over because I am afraid of my wreaked stepmother who has threatened to kill me and have the money alone,I thank God Today that am out from my country (KENYA) but am now In (Burkina Faso) where my father deposited these money and i have confirmed from the bank with the Documents i have at hand i will send my picture to you in my next mail. In the light of the above, I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction.

Yours sincerely
Miss Ruki Kones

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2013, 08:09:49 pm »
Miss ruki cones sounds quite sincere, pitty she is not wanting to move to australia....
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »
Put an ad on gummy shark tree yesterday and got 2 scam text messages.... same phone no but different people!! har de har... looks like the gfc has hit the scammers as well, they are multi tasking phones...idiots

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2013, 10:29:52 pm »
I seem to be getting two or three of these a day now....is it just me or are these things going viral?

Attention:Please,
Can you please confirm if your email address is still use.
There is information I think might interest you.I am Mr. Simon Dornoo,the new Information and Treasury/Payment Investigation
Department, International Commercial Bank of Accra Ghana. I do not know if I am talking to the right person, But I will be
pleased if you will assure me that you are the real owner of this email ID.As i do not give this Information to the wrong
person?
Because Already I have your name and details in our file in the office: but somehow I am not comfortable and too sure that I
am communicating with the right owner of this email. I will furnish you with the information that I have found about you when
I am convinced. I am taking this preventive measure because I do not want to talk to the wrong person because of the
sensitivity of the information regarding the issue. Other details will be forwarded to you as soon as I am convinced that I
am communicating with the right person.
Regards
Mr. Simon Dornoo.
International Commercial Bank. 

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2013, 10:35:33 pm »
They R Fisching Firko.
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2013, 10:36:16 pm »
Yes they are in plague proportions at present Firko. Keep training your email virus filter and grit your teeth ;)
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2013, 12:05:04 pm »
I recieved this twice this morning, it's got a Ting tong & Mr Dudley* feel about it ::)........"Ting Tong love you long time Mr Dudwey"

Hello,
My name is princess, I came across your mail, I was inspired to send you a massage and ask you for friendship,I be live, with good mind you have to admit my request,am hoping to hear from you so I can send my picture and tell you more about myself.Yours Love.
princess

*Little Britain