Author Topic: New scam  (Read 72102 times)

mx250

Re: New scam
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 05:59:02 pm »
To be topical :D

(Click on pixie)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:53 pm »
Actually havent seen this one for awhile..Though a few getting around at the moment.

My name is Hussain Al-Sheik from Kingdom of Bahrain and own a Company in Libya which has been folded since the commecement of the War between Government and Revolutionaries. I am contacting you after viewing your profile here as I want to invest in your country which am seeking for a reliable partner who can manage my company over since my own country is into crisis as well.

Libya and My country has been into crisis since February 2012 and all our business is being paralyzed which made my company to be loosing so much and in this regard want to relocate my company to your country. I want to invest with you and need your assistance at this present condition which we are passing in Libya. This involved huge amount.

Right now I am looking for a trustworthy and reliable person who will assist to receive huge sum in your country for investment. What I want is for an investor who can assist to receive and secure the amount in your country for proper investment of the fund.

Lastly, I must inform you that internet is not the right place to communicate over this deal but as situation warrant. So in this effect, I will be glad if a meeting will be scheduled to enable us have a face to face discussion.

Your indication of interest to this great opportunity proposal shall be highly appreciated as I will be glad to receive your response and answer to my email as below,
1...Do you have the Financial Ability to help us handle the huge fund?
The fund will be transferred bit by bit into your account if you are ready and capable to handle it.?
2.. Do your account have the ability to accommodate the fund?
3.. The fund is completely out of Libya and will communicate to you where the fund was lodged presently upon your response?
4.. What is your nationality?
5.. What is your present position in your office?
6.. What area of investment do you think this amount will be invested?
7.. Have you received money overseas before?
8.. What is your full name
9.. What is your phone and mobile.
10..Do you know or have idea of Gold Bar and Dust?
11.. Do you know any buyer who can travel down to where the Gold is lodged to enable him see, pick up sample straight to the refinery to confirm the purity before discussing on the affordable price to be given.
12.. The quantity is valued 250 Gold Dust Kilos and 125 Kilos Gold Bar which was moulded in A kilos each.
COMMODITY SPECIFICATIONS AVAILABLE:
Commodity: Unrefined Gold (AU)
Form: Metal Bars And Dust Form
Purity : Ninety One Point Sixty-Six Percent (91.66%) plus,unrefined (Gold Dust)
More Info: Non Hallmarked Refined Gold at 99,99% (Gold Bar)
13. Finally, I want to know more about you?

I NEED YOUR RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS?
Email me back direct at ?      [email protected]
Call me back direct at?                   +27 733 814044
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 01:11:47 pm »
Hardly a day goes by when I haven't either won the Scottish National Lottery, inhereted 20 million from my long lost cousin in Canada or been offered a couple of million in payment for helping my good friend Hassim el Jahood smuggle the Shahs diamond stash out of Lebanon.
FROM MRS YEETY BAYARMAA

Greetings Dearest Beloved,

I know that this letter may be a very big surprise to you, I came across your email contact from my personal search and I instructed the doctor here in this hospital to help me email you and i believe that you will be honest to fulfill my final wish before i will die.

I am Mrs. Yeety Bayarmaa, I am 66 years old, From Mongoila, and I am suffering from a long time cancer of the breast. From all indication my condition is really deteriorating, and my doctors have courageously advised me that I may not live beyond 3 month;

this is because the cancer has reached a critical stage.

I was married to late Dr Bayramaa Altangerel, gold & diamond exportation) in Burkina Faso, West Africa, where we live all our Lives for Thirty-two years before he died in the year2004. But is quite unfortunately, He died after a Cardiac Arteries Operation that lasted only for four days.

Since his death I decided not to re-marry, I deposited all the sum of $5.8million dollars with a Bank in Ouagadougou- Burkina Faso, where we spend our life together in Burkina Faso.

Presently, this money is still in their custody, and the management just wrote me as the Legitimate beneficiary to come forward to receive the money after keeping it for so long or rather issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my behalf since I cannot come over as a result of my illness, or they get it confiscated.

Presently, I’m with my laptop in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment. I have since lost my ability to do anything myself and my doctors have told me that I have only 3 month to live.

Now that i am about to end the race like this, without any family members and no child. It is my last wish to see that this money is invested, but you will assure me that you will take 50% of the money and give 50% to the orphanages home in your country for my heart to rest.

I want your good humanitarian, to also use this money to fund churches, orphanages and widows around. I must let you know that this was a very hard decision, but I had to take a bold step towards this issue because I have no further option. I hope you will help see my last wishes come true.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank. I will also issue you a letter of authority which will prove that you are the new beneficiary of my funds, and the documents concerning the deposit. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hope to hear from you soonest. I am waiting your response.

Yours Sick Sister in Christ,

Mrs. Yetty Bayarmaa.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 01:30:21 pm »
Another phishing scam that's a little harder to spot is my getting emails from people that I know. Today I got one from Vaughn Fletcher but they're usually under the 'Brad van Barelo' or 'Bill Forsyth' but I've had three recently under the 'Vaughn Fletcher' title.
Todays phishmail, supposedly from Vaughn (but obviously not) has "Great" in the subject window and the following link in the message:
http://gogreenmobileshreddingblog.com/continentdictionarychristopherwiilson
caution::DON'T OPEN THE LINK even though I have changed it just in case.
These phishing emails are getting more plentiful, my cousin gets them from "Mark Firkin" but with the wrong email address so you could fall into a trap of thinking the email's a genuine item from a friend. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU OPEN.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:35:51 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 01:33:37 pm »
By coincidence this one arrived as I was writing my previous post... ::)

Attention Dear

Do accept my sincere apologies if my mail does not meet your personal
ethics. I will introduce myself first to you.My name is DR.SYED AHAD
manager in the accounts management section of  BSIC BANK BENIN
REPUBLIC, This account belongs to one of our foreign customer from
Libya who died along with his family on 20 October 2011,He has
accounts with holding balance of USD15,000,000(Fifteen Million
United States Dollars

VIEW THIS WEB SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION:
(
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3348109.stm
)

And since his death, nobody has come as regards the claiming
of this money because he has no family members who are aware of the
existence of neither the account nor the funds. I have secretly
discussed this matter with some of the bank officials and we have
agreed to find a reliable foreign partner to make this deal. We thus
propose to do business with you,standing in as the next of kin so that
this fund will be released to you after due processes have been
followed.

If you accept to carry out this project with us, we will offer you 40%
of the total sum, while I and my colleagues involved will take 60% of
the total sum. Upon your acceptance to do this deal with us, we will
jointly effect the transfer within eight working days.This transaction
is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and
does not originate from drug, money laundry, terrorism or any other
illegal act. On your interest, let me hear from you,along with below
information.

2.YOUR COUNTRY.......................
(3) YOUR ADDRESS:.............
(4) YOUR TELEPHONE ...............
(5) AGE.............................
(6) SEX:..............................
(7) YOUR OCCUPATION................

PLEASE DO CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY ON MY EMAIL AT
Regards,
DR.SYED AHAD

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 01:37:05 pm »
Seems legit!
The best of both worlds! - '82 RM465Z & '10 KTM 530 EXC

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 02:14:29 pm »
If you're dumb enough to be caught out by any of these scams you're probably not wise enough to be in control what little fortune you already have! :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 06:07:29 pm »
Don't tell me no one else has won the Spanish Lottery as a result of some nice bloke buying heaps of tickets in everyone elses name  ???
I was fortunate enough to win 862 000 euro some time back and all I had to do to get my new found fortune was to send 400ruro to the nice man at the bank for a international tax clearance cert.
After googling I could not believe what I had found.
Pages and pages of morons who had sent the 400 clams to these crooks and all whining about being so dumb :o
Being a fun loving bloke I decided to call the nice man at the bank and find out about my loot.
After explaining to him that int tax certs were a thing of the past, I checked this out with the local postie, my new found friend happily explained how lucky I was as I only had to pay an int bank transfer fee of 350 and I was in!
I explained how my lowly ex mrs had taken me for everything and if he paid the 350 I would give him 5000 as I gift for helping me out.
After a knock back I slowly raised the offer to 50 000 and he said he would think about it.
Hoping the offer might be enough tio stitch up the boss ;)
A day or two later I received a call from the boss who told me in a very stern way that it was BAD to try and corrupt his employees :o
And you guessed it, the low bastards didn;t send me my winnings.
Just goes to show that you can'trust anyone ;D
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 08:29:56 pm »
Slightly different scam,

Australian Federal Police think they have uncovered a sophisticated counterfeiting ring operating in Australia. The perpetrators are suspected Irish Nationals that have tried this same scam in several other countries unsuccessfully. "We believe they have targeted Australia as we are far enough away from Europe to not know about this scam" stated the head of the Australian Anti-Counterfeit Task Force. The gangs Modus Operandi is to Go to Banks, Business's and other Institutions that handle large amounts of Australian currencies, In particular coinage. They collect large amounts of 50 cent coins and then expertly machine off all the corners on the coins. When this is done they pass off the coins to unsuspecting victims as 20 cent pieces.

Sorry, so sorry.
                     Kevin 
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Curly3

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 08:49:28 pm »
If people are gullible enough to get caught out but ANY of these get rich quick schemes then they've only got themselves to blame.
In my mind the biggest "SCAM" of all is that Juliar is only thinking of our best interest's instead of her own re election.
She has already achieved her personal objective and doesn't give a shit if she is re elected this time around, which she never has, but don't start me.
Her yearly income has increased by a third since she stabbed K'Rudd up the arse and surprise surprise, she'll recieve that every year until she shuffles off this mortal coil.
As much as I dislike Gough, Bob and even Kev, they deserve a pension more than than that Scrubber.
The only thing she has going for her is that her MAN likes Speedway.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:25 pm »
  Never mind thing might improve when the budgie smuggler wearing monk is elected. 
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 11:19:17 pm »
  Never mind thing might improve when the budgie smuggler wearing monk is elected. 

Or not. I've got two cartons on Australians not being stupid enough to elect him and another carton on him causing a recsssion within six months of his (possible) election.
I really, really want win those first to cartons, but could not be happier to hand over the third....

Anyhow, my friends, I have both an important bridge in sydney that I wish to sell at a bargain price and a reliable Maico. I am seeking buyers for these valuable commodities and am offering you a rare opportunity for only $100,000 for the Maico and $1,000,000 for the bridge.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 11:56:06 pm »
Nathan I think you got the prices on the "wink wink insider" deals back to front.  ;) Then again only 1 million for a reliable Big M...that still sound very cheap and suss.....
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 10:16:06 am »

Be careful of what you wish for.

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2013, 11:31:31 am »
When you add up the pro's and CON's (future CON's if we are talking labor) ,You would think the most current revalations relating to the good old NSW labor party (past and present), the current ICAC investigations and adding to that the Craig Thompson affair would be enough to discourage people from voting for the labor party.

Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs