Author Topic: New scam  (Read 72121 times)

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: New scam
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2013, 07:21:02 pm »
Had phone call tonight from a nice sub-continental chap representing "Telstra internet department".

Well that bit is believeabl

I had that One too He tried to tell me that i was such a good
         customer telstra was going to give 45%off my phone bills ..
         I just said Goody and Hung up .....
         Got this months Phone bill    ow shucks  no Discount...

The Stig

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2013, 08:56:18 pm »
Fat boy thanks for that warning
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2013, 03:18:19 pm »
Got a nice postal letter (remember them?) the other day, from the Victorian Dept. of Justice. Got to be a scam as it had lots of gobbledegook paper work to fill out and informed me I have been called up for Jury Duty!!!! ME!!!  ::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:13 pm »
I can't stop weeping for poor Grace.

My name is Mrs Grace Smart 75yrs old of age, i stay in new york

city, USA.I am a good merchant, I have several industrial companies

and good share in various banks in the world.I spend all my life on

investment and corporate business. all the way i lost my husband and two

beautiful kids in fatal accident that occur in November 5th 2008.

I am a very greedy woman with all cost i don't know much and care about

people, since when I have an experience of my it difficult to sleep

and give rest.

later in the year 2009 February i was sent a letter of medical check

up,as my personal Doctor testify that i have a lung cancer, which can

easily take off my life soon.I found it uneasy to survive myself,

because a lot of investment cannot be run and manage by me again. I quickly

call up a pastor/prophet to give me positive thinking on this

solution, as my adviser.He minister to me to share my properties ,wealth, to

motherless baby/orphanage homes/people that need money for survivor

both student that need money/ business woman and man for their

investment and for future rising. So i am writing this letter to people who

really need help from me both student in college, to contact me urgently.

so that i can make available preparation on that.especially women of

the day, who are divorced by their husband, why they cannot survive the

mist of feeding their-self.

please contact me and stop weeping. probably let me now what you

really need the money for, and if you can still help me to distribute

money to nearest orphanages homes near your town. now am so much with

God, am now born again. May you be blessed, as you reach me,please to

remind you, don't belongs to scams or any act of fraudulent on

Internet. I will give more information to you as i await your response

immediately.

Best Regards

Mrs Grace Smart

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2013, 11:39:13 am »
"Got a nice postal letter (remember them?) the other day, from the Victorian Dept. of Justice. Got to be a scam as it had lots of gobbledegook paper work to fill out and informed me I have been called up for Jury Duty!!!! ME!!!  "

Shite it was not a scam.... >:( and to add insult one of my subbed days is my birthday ::)

Firko you think "Poor Grace Notsosmart" might fill in for me? The lady* does appear to be a truly honest and caring type!!!

* Read lady as scumbag ...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:44:47 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2013, 12:09:08 pm »
The best scam is the one where they make you put this little grey plastic thing on your windsceen that takes money out of your bank account evertime you drive down a road/bridge/tunnel that should of been payed for by the multiple road taxes that you pay. 

The other good scam is where they send you pictures of your car demanding money, because in a effort to save wear and tear on said road that you are overpaying for, you apparently drove too quickly. (According to them.)

Offline Bitten

• B-Grade
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »
I recently got a telephone call from someone with a thick sub continental accent who purported to be from the Australian tax office stating that I was due some sort of ri-embursment that was generated from some sort of review about 6 months ago.

After a few questions they started to get a bit unravelled and I asked for their number to call them back and they hung up!

It started to sound pretty fishy right from the start and I supose their next question was my account details so they could deposit it but it didn't get that far....

Or

I could have just done myself out of some dough  :D... but I suspect not!

I think in reality if the ATO owed me some money it would just arrive like any other refund

Cheers

The best of both worlds! - '82 RM465Z & '10 KTM 530 EXC

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2013, 09:31:28 am »
I Got a new one today from the web address [email protected] wanting to confirm a booking that I did not make .

A call to Qantas confirmed its a bodgey and that it has just resurfaced after a short spell.
Has an attachment to open. don,t know what the result would be as I was a bit sus and did not open it.  >:( >:(
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2013, 07:57:44 pm »
I like the one where you pay money every sunday and an all seeing all knowing being (who we cant see??) determines our fate.....

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2013, 09:48:09 pm »
I like the one where you pay money every sunday and an all seeing all knowing being (who we cant see??) determines our fate.....
The greatest scam of them all ::)

I got this little effort this arvo..........

HELLO,

Thanks for your mail and sorry for our late response to your message,

Please check attachment PAYMENT SLIP BELOW AND let me know if it is the correct bank account details you gave us.

Please kindly check Waiting for your confirmation.

Your early response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

ABDALLA HUSSEN

E-mail: [email protected]

MSN: [email protected]

E-mail: ark_kz

+7 727 275 1321

+7 727 274 8228

83, Timiryazev str., 050057

AlmatyKazakhstan
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:58:32 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2013, 12:08:05 pm »
Vital Info Please Read Carefully
This is an official notification of the availability of a package deposited in your name and it is not a sales solicitation or SPAM.
We are Diplomats that use our immunity and status to safekeep special and valuable packages and baggage in trust for reputable clients that are honest and trustworthy.
We work in collaboration with top firms and Governments of various countries as we have earned a name as a service whose hallmarks in reliability and confidentiality are revered.
International missions, Fellow Diplomats and Embassies of the world have used our services to satisfaction.
A benefactor whose identity can not be disclosed because of the Non Circumvention and Non Disclosure Agreement that was signed with the said benefactor when the packages were being deposited made you the beneficiary of a package containing some amount of money and stated clearly that you should only be contacted when the time signed for it to be in our care elapses and the time has already elapsed that is why you are being contacted.
The Non Circumvention and Non Disclosure Agreement signed with the benefactor mandates us to fully divulge and disclose the benefactor's identity 18 months after the beneficiary has received the funds.
We confirm that these funds are fully free of any liens, or encumbrances and are clean, clear and non-criminal origin and are available in the form of CASH.
You are hereby advised to send your Full Contact Information as well as the name of the closest airport to your city in the format stated below so that the funds would be brought to your Country of residence by 3 Diplomats who would accompany you to your bank (if you want them to) to deposit the funds in your name and submit all documentations that has to do with the origin of the funds in other to exonerate you from any form of investigations or interrogation and to authenticate the fact that the funds are clean and has no links whatsover with either drugs or terrorism.
The Requested Information is to ensure that no mistake or error is made and it should be forwarded in the manner stated below:
Your Full Name: ______________________________
Your cell number:________________________________
Your Complete Address: ________________________________
Name of City of Residence: ____________________
Name of Closest Airport to your city of Residence:_________________________________
Complete the above and send back to me as soon as possible.
Congratulations in advance.
Thank you and I sincerely Remain,
Richard Moon
Email: [email protected]
Cell:+447924428381

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2013, 07:58:35 pm »
Official Notification.... gmail address???

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »
Thank you and I sincerely Remain,
Richard Moon
Email: [email protected]

Should be   Yours  Richard Head   or maybe a more oriental    Arse Hol Moon

Seriously remember DO NOT ring telephone numbers given >:( another tip off to the turds you are there! and ripe to hassle.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2013, 11:46:38 pm »
THIS IS TO NOTIFY YOU ON YOUR OVERDUE PAYMENT ORDER OF USD2.3M IN YOUR NAME FROM THE OFFICE OF FINANCE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA DATED 23/07/2013.YOU ARE THEREFORE ADVICE TO CONTACT THE HEAD OF ATM CARD DEPARTMENT OF ECO BANK FOR YOUR PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY. CONTACT PERSON: MR.ALBERT ESSIEN, OFFICE EMAIL ADDRESS:[email protected], AND PHONE:234 813670 7360 DR. MRS NGOZI IWEALA

woohoo drinks are on me ::)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2013, 07:50:29 pm »
Have had one from a Wzobo Ndildo. No as hard as it seems I did not reply even to tell Mr nDILDO where to stick it ::)
                                                   Voltaire.