Author Topic: nooooooooooooooo,fuuugggggg,aaarrrgggghhhhh  (Read 2012 times)

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
nooooooooooooooo,fuuugggggg,aaarrrgggghhhhh
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:40:27 am »
coffee while the coppercoated headgaskets drying,little story for the kiddies  ;), how my days going,after spending from 9 till 5 on fitting bloody heater core back in my van,major mission(only been without heater for 5 years),drivers seat out,then every conceivable nut,self tapping screw,dash trim,heater pipe,preformed heater conduit,even the fugging ashtray etc etc gave me fugging grief bigtime,pharrkkk,it's finally in ,connected,around the block,hmmm steerings loose,must tighten colummn when i get back,so onto the TL/XL dirt trakker project,hmmm do tappetts before fire it up,geez they're loose,errr why is the spindle plugs rotating,(& when they do,it alters the clearance,more pharrrkkkk),no probs i have a reco centre port head spare,rocker lid off,hmmm cams not pretty,now off with it's head,oh ok,fugging motor out,no biggie,5 big bolts ,shes out,ooh bores pretty sad,top rings got  um drive fugging bus through the gap!!,(no wonder my mate gave me the donor bike  ::))ok plan B,my original side port motors doing nothing on the shelf,just swap heads,bores good,stay tuned folks (i'm pretty sure) the continuing saga,will he finish it in time ,(& to look at the other two bikes thats he's taking also,well thery were running last i rode them??, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: nooooooooooooooo,fuuugggggg,aaarrrgggghhhhh
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:07:06 am »
son of a beach,motors in,side ports bottom ends got bigger clutch cover  >:(,my neat tucked in exhaust hits,bit late in the morning to hit pipe with fbh,time for sleep, :P

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:25:29 am »
You have had how long to sort this out ruff neck in preparation foir the Nats, its only 4 in the morning, why go to bed, get back out in the shed until you are finished :-*
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:44:46 pm »
just pulled the pin on the TL,"just swap the covers",oh look the k/start shaft spacings are different  :', fugg i'm over it,not taking clutches off to swap them over  ::),hmmmm better start on the ones that were going last time i  rode them,err whenever that was,good thing i have a day up my sleeve ;), :P
ps also found corner of a gear tooth whilst rooting around in there,oil pump gear cover plates retaining screws missing in action,(well the head is,the threaded sections still in it's hole),might have something to do with it
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:49:57 pm by matcho mick »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 05:57:19 pm »
 Sounds like the correct title for removing heater core! How many bits left over? One of the worst ones I did was F. econovan, got it out, then the owner said what! $600 for a new core no way put the old one back***#!
 Toyota Hilux was worst.
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!