Author Topic: New Rule Book  (Read 7615 times)

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: New Rule Book
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »
Not sure were it started cheapracer but it was sent to us from MNSW with no ones name on the document Like Dave said they have caused a few problems with unleaded fuels. We did send a response to MNSW saying unless there is a name on any proposals it will be thrown out by the commission. I think if the fuel is ready available at the bowser we should be able to use it.

No problems Micks all is good  :)

Cheers
Fatboy   

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 08:46:25 pm »
Not sure were it started cheapracer but it was sent to us from MNSW with no ones name on the document

It has been observed before today that MNSW are a meddling lot whose influence, chicanery and rule juggling is inversely proportional to their contributions to the promotion of the sport. Time will tell...
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 09:58:22 am »
I wasn't going to post any comments about rules on forums anymore, because unless you take the time to follow the procedures and make a submission to MA, nothing will change anyway . But after a quick read of the link in the first post, I found that I agree with most of the wording, except the part about the 9 inch suspension travel limit on pre '78 bikes. I think that a 10 inch limit would be more realistic , as this was pretty much the standard in 1977 anyway . You shouldn't have to restrict the travel on a legitimate '77 model bike to meet the inferior standards of manufacturers that were lagging behind at the time. European bikes like the Husqvarna CRs and Montesa VBs are specifically mentioned as having to have their suspension limited, but there are many more '77 model bikes that exceed the 9 inch travel limit. Probably the most common and readily available '77 model bikes are the Yamaha YZ "D" which have 250mm(9.8 inches) of wheel travel advertised on the sales brochures . Something is wrong with the rules when the most common bike in the class has to be modified to meet the requirements.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:22:43 pm by Husky500evo »

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 11:23:10 am »
Not sure were it started cheapracer but it was sent to us from MNSW with no ones name on the document

It has been observed before today that MNSW are a meddling lot whose influence, chicanery and rule juggling is inversely proportional to their contributions to the promotion of the sport. Time will tell...

Ya got it in one, Fatboy and GD !!!
Foss
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:29:19 pm by JAP 454 »