Author Topic: Pre 75 - Yesterday's Hero?  (Read 12266 times)

SPANISH ARMADA

Re: Pre 75 - Yesterday's Hero?
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »
 :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? yes i give up  :'( :'( :'(

mx250

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 08:06:18 am »
The hypocrisy I love is the pedantic interpretation of suspension travel regs and laissez faire for engine work ::).

Then 'they' piously pontificate about 'representing the period' and 'fairness of competition' :P.

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2011, 12:31:35 pm »
Once apon a time i had a little 1974 Tm all yellow and nice with 5.7" of front fork travel and not quite as much on the back. raced this for 1 season got a brand new RM125 heaps more travel front and back raced this till RM125s came out alongside TM 125 and cr125 hondas and all sorts of bike all with different suspensin travel. we all did in those days if you loved a suzy you just kept on rideing it no matter what the susspension travel was and the rougher the track the better you had to ride. I can still remember the old TM swapping ends over the woops at gilderoy and that was just the fun of it. Classes should be set on year of manufacture if the bikes susspension was longer travel in 74 when it was built big deal i still used to beat a hell of a lot of bikes with better susspension it still all depends on the RIDER. most of us could have riden a late model anything and still been beaten by one of the floods on 69 pursang. Most Euro bikes had better suspension than the Jap stuff but the jap stuff cheaper so that was what we rode. Stick to the yearof manufacture as the guideline because thats what you would be raceing against back when they were built, and they all lived happily ever after! ;D
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2011, 07:28:26 pm »
The hypocrisy I love is the pedantic interpretation of suspension travel regs and laissez faire for engine work ::).

Then 'they' piously pontificate about 'representing the period' and 'fairness of competition' :P.

Nothing wrong with that is there, MX ? Engines have always been open season in racing, surely ? Get 'em going as best you can with any means at your disposal...
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »
I rode my Suz TM125L ('74), in the day, with skunk works rear suspension linkage giving 7 inches at the rear.  The same linkage was available for most of the mass produced MX bikes at the time.  I would love to race pre 75 as I did in '74. my old 51 yo back would like a touch more travel also ;-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.