Author Topic: AMA Outdoors  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
AMA Outdoors
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:29:12 pm »
Just noticed that the US Outdoors series is going to be broadcast on Speed (Fox), same day (not quite live, but hey). 1 PM Sunday arvo will see Hangtown right there on our TV screens. Cool.

Tho... did I read that Stewart won't be riding?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: AMA Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:36:54 pm »
That's good news that it's on tv the same day this year.
I think you'll find Stewart isn't riding because he rung his bell pretty hard again at Vegas just over a week ago and hasn't done enough outdoor testing since.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:47:56 pm »
Just had a look on Vital and the mood isn't warm towards JS7. To be honest I agree with the general consensus  - it's up to him if he rides, but I think it's too easy for him now to give it a miss when things aren't just right.

No matter, should be a great season and watching it almost live is great, looking forward to it.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:11:11 pm »
Just had a look on Vital and the mood isn't warm towards JS7. To be honest I agree with the general consensus  - it's up to him if he rides, but I think it's too easy for him now to give it a miss when things aren't just right.

No matter, should be a great season and watching it almost live is great, looking forward to it.
Yeah i'm not a fan of Stewart and him missing the first round means he probably won't win the title which suits me fine :)

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 07:22:16 pm »
I don't think he runs a lining as he can't fit in his helmet other wise. Gee he must be very injured to put yourself so far behind the eight ball straight up. As I don't know all the goss, where the hell is Broc Hepler, Brett Metcalfe (of late) and Josh Grant?

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 07:29:33 pm »
I don't think he runs a lining as he can't fit in his helmet other wise. Gee he must be very injured to put yourself so far behind the eight ball straight up. As I don't know all the goss, where the hell is Broc Hepler, Brett Metcalfe (of late) and Josh Grant?

Mettie also got injured during SX but is supposed to be ready for the Outdoors.
Grant was also injured , not sure about Hepler.

suzuki43

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 08:03:48 pm »
Hepler retired due to head injuries.

Go Chad!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:02:53 pm by suzuki43 »

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:42 pm »
I'm no big fan of "JS7" either. What was once a fun filled, cheeky faced kid on a KX 85, has morphed into something that is so self obsessed in his own little sphere, that fails to see that HE is responsible for his own failures.....no-one else!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 08:33:19 am »
I'm no big fan of "JS7" either. What was once a fun filled, cheeky faced kid on a KX 85, has morphed into something that is so self obsessed in his own little sphere, that fails to see that HE is responsible for his own failures.....no-one else!

I have to agree, JS7 is a bit of a mystery and I am certainly not a fan. But if you look at the pressure he was put under by his old man you could possibly understand - the quintessential mini-bike dad x 10.

I did have a chuckle with his arrest for impersonating a cop earlier this year. But then I felt truly sorry for him in the days following where he stated that all "he needed to do was get back and win some more races". It seems that he has so little perspective on life that the only thing that defines him as a man is standing on the top step of the dias.

If that is the single thing that defines you then you are going the be in serious strife when it doesn't happen. And one thing that every champion can tell you is "that you will lose". It is just a matter of when.

All the toys in the world won't help him if he can't look himself in the mirror. It doesn't bode well for a happy and healthy retirement. IMHO he needs to grow up, but that will be hard when you are the family cash cow.

He has already come out and blamed his bike [and is searching for a new OEM for next season], and his excuse for not competing in the opening rounds of the Outdoors shows a strange type of logic. If he really wanted the title he would front up and score as many points as he can…

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out, but he is not impressing anybody in the industry or his fans.

Go Chad!!!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

TM BILL

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:58 am »
To contest both series at the top level must take a commitment level i cant even imagine  :o ole Bubba stretches himself a bit thin with his racing and reality show capers  ::)
As has been said he appears to be the family cash cow, he should probably sit out the outdoors drop the sideshow bob routine regroup and focus on SX next season .

My pick for outdoors  Dungey, villapoto , Reed  :)

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:44 am »
There's possibly a few reasons that he is not fronting up and I believe he's health and condition could be the primary reason he has taken a series of horrible crashes this year as everyone has witnessed and they have been big one's

There could also be the issue of budget that team has been known to only do SX if there was a budget there for outdoors you would think that his team mate would be on the line,

While opinions are free and it's easy to bag him no one really know's his deal after watching the reality show it looked to me the person that put the most pressure on JS was JS not his Dad,and that comes back to his expectations of himself he's pushed himself really hard this season maybe trying to live up to the "fastest rider in the world" tag probably should have tried for the "winningest" rider and backed off a bit,

A JS in full flight has been fun to watch,

STW996

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 10:07:09 am »
Yes you can say what you think about JS7 but he is great to watch in full flight and adds a bit of spice to the racing.

Will be a great season either way.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 10:23:51 am »
Yep, there's no doubt the guy is unbelieveably talented on a dirtbike. Some of the videos of him on his 125... just jaw-dropping. He holds it flat and just bounces off everything in his path.

I haven't seen the entry list for Hangtown, so not sure who's in and who isn't. But you'd be hard-pressed not to pick Villipoto for the win. He's fast, I think he's better outdoors than he is in SX, and he's on a high right now. Reed... he should be up there too, but he just doesn't quite have the raw speed of the top Yanks in MX. But he is unbelieveably consistent and that Honda seems to work for him. Should be a good season for him.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 11:13:58 am »
Yes you can say what you think about JS7 but he is great to watch in full flight and adds a bit of spice to the racing.

Absolutely no doubt about that. Nobody has ever doubted his talent on a motorcycle, but he has hit a career plateau and it will be interesting to see what he makes of it.

But this is sport and everybody has their own heros and villians. It's all good fun.  ;)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 11:22:59 am »
About time JS retired and took up more leisurely pass times like getting hit over the head with a golf club.
formerly Marc.com