Author Topic: Young bloke to China  (Read 12258 times)

cheapracer

Re: Young bloke to China
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 03:02:47 pm »
I did liked the exchange rate then , panty hoses where the best currency then . 

I think that would still work in Thailand but make sure they have extra room in front.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 04:25:11 pm »
Has this position been filled?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

cheapracer

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 04:32:25 pm »
Has this position been filled?

Hope you mean the job and not the giving of pantyhose..

Have only had it around for 12 hours and I'm not one to grab the first applicant, I'll give it a few days or maybe a week.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »
I did liked the exchange rate then , panty hoses where the best currency then .  8) I want take any with me  this time  :D

When was that and what was the rate. Aus to Czech has been around 17 or 18 Koruna  since the first time that I went there 21 years ago.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 09:15:46 pm »
I think it was 1988 , dont remember Koruna rate , because that meant nothing to us at the time . This time it should be all Euro (and PD valves for the lads :D).
Now back to China , Cheapracer still needs to tell me what to bring to China when I com to visit .
Leave your sense of humour at home you won,t be needing it. ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

cheapracer

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »
Reveived an invitation to EICMA China today , is that worth going Cheapracer ?   

I always keep my humor Mike 52 where ever I go . Some places I visit ones only and some again and again   :D .

Probably yeah, I'm guessing I'll be asked to meet some people there, if so I'll let you know and we can do something and any VMX'er is welcome over here. .

I'm a bit worried about the dates though, I'm flying a bunch of my family over for my birthday the same week and I'm not sure which day they actually arrive, may clash. 

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 11:41:33 am »
Do they have  bars with the night life that goes along  ;) ?

Oh yes for a young gentleman you will not be starved for company....  ::)
formerly Marc.com

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »
Reveived an invitation to EICMA China today , is that worth going Cheapracer ?   
Been thinking about visiting China for while. Is that show trade only or open to all visitors.   

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 03:02:28 pm »
is there a Klub Kevlar mermaid bar there?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 03:46:01 pm »
With the speed that China is/has dveloped I'm not surprised people don't understand - it's no different to Oz in most cities here,

I blame the culture shock that Aussies experience on city planning, the 3rd world  is only one street away in China, so the contrast in how people live is right in your face. I was living at one point in an apartment in Dalian that looked like the lobby of the Hyatt only bigger, but outside the security were people killing ducks to order and welding on the foot path.
formerly Marc.com

cheapracer

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 07:05:17 pm »
I blame the culture shock that Aussies experience on city planning, the 3rd world  is only one street away in China, so the contrast in how people live is right in your face. I was living at one point in an apartment in Dalian that looked like the lobby of the Hyatt only bigger, but outside the security were people killing ducks to order and welding on the foot path.

It's awesome, still see the strangest things everyday but it is changing quite fast.

Been thinking about visiting China for while. Is that show trade only or open to all visitors.   

Would be public, too many and too hard to invite specific people.

Drop over anytime and I'll show you around, any VMX'er is welcome anytime.

cheapracer

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 01:00:16 am »
Well so far no good. Apparently if I pay a $1000 per day, supply a Porsche with mandatory whores and a 2 hour week living in a penthouse I may get an interest.

I not only would have jumped at a chance like this at 21 I in fact did similar even if it was only Melbourne to Canberra and with no pay and I slept in my car for a bit to begin with.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 06:19:22 am »
Well so far no good. Apparently if I pay a $1000 per day, supply a Porsche with mandatory whores and a 2 hour week living in a penthouse I may get an interest.

the problem you have is some some mining companies are almost offering that ...

I remember when I was apprenticed you learn't half your skills keeping your car going and the guy who owned our company had one of 2 new cars in town, the other was the mayors. These days its hard to find parking amongst the apprentices new Clubsports and WRXs.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 09:29:00 am »
Remember it's an international labour market these days and you have to compete against the Germans as much as anyone else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13454160

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 09:48:37 am »
Remember it's an international labour market these days and you have to compete against the Germans as much as anyone else.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13454160

Memories of a Geisha  ;)
Some Pipewelders are on 400k here in the Wests NW  :(  setting a bad bench mark  :(  ?
cheers A
Best is in the West !!