Author Topic: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest?  (Read 39342 times)

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest?
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2011, 03:34:57 pm »
   Yes based on the MK111 metisse ! as a pre 70 scramber / street scrambler . :)

cheapracer

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2011, 03:37:57 pm »
  Yes based on the MK111 metisse ! as a pre 70 scramber / street scrambler . :)

Yep thats the one.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2011, 03:41:13 pm »
Anyways I think it is not appropriate to have the great debate about Cheapracers credentials on the forum, do that for yourself when you are placing an order.

I have original Ricky but still welcome an alternative Aussie produced Rickman frame, it will stir up some interest in a class that needs help. My suggestion is why not offer some frames for off road bikes first, it is far more achievable than doing the ADR thing and will give you promotion oif your product.
formerly Marc.com

cheapracer

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 03:46:48 pm »
Anyways I think it is not appropriate to have the great debate about Cheapracers credentials on the forum, do that for yourself when you are placing an order.

I have original Ricky but still welcome an alternative Aussie produced Rickman frame, it will stir up some interest in a class that needs help. My suggestion is why not offer some frames for off road bikes first, it is far more achievable than doing the ADR thing and will give you promotion oif your product.

Oh it's mild compared to Australian race car forums. I have nothing but support in most other countries forums.

No ADR's, I doubt the 600 road bike would hit Oz shores as I have been through the process and it's it's just too time consuming - more slated for American, British and Euro market sales but I wanted to get some cheap kits to Oz a I have a hope that it will stir up a class that I want to run, selfish me.

Thanks for your post.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 03:53:10 pm »
Got some interest with this thread Cheapracer. :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

cheapracer

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 04:00:57 pm »
Got some interest with this thread Cheapracer. :)

Yeah but it's attracted too many Bogans.

Over 3 years ago I decided to build the worlds best bargain race/track day car which you would think some would be excited about and most forums I mentioned in such as America were and extreme supportive and helpful.

But the Australian forums were this all over, "who the 'F' are you", "Prove it Wanker", etc etc - got so bad I just gave up and now my cars are going into production these next few months to fill American orders. However I want to race pre '65 myself in Oz so I will still endevour to market the kits here so I have people to compete against.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:00:33 pm by cheapracer »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2011, 04:27:00 pm »
Yeah but it's attracted too many Bogans.
Over 3 years ago I decided to build the worlds best bargain race/track day car which you would think some would be excited about and most forums I mentioned in such as America were and extreme supportive and helpful.
[/quote]

Yeah I like doing business in the States, the Yanks dream BIG, and are right into everything, with the Aussies they dream cheap  and put shit on anyone making an effort... so good on ya.
formerly Marc.com

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2011, 05:13:26 pm »
Mark good to see you are still with us,have you been on holiday or busy with work? Hows the hole nuke thing up there?
Mike
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

cheapracer

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2011, 05:13:52 pm »
Welcome Ji junior  ;D

I'm not actually sure what that means but if it's a slight on what I am doing then I would find that very disappointing as I see your from Kiwiland and of anyone in the world I have the utmost respect for it's Kiwis "having a go" at building stuff and have done some incredible and amazing stuff over the years.

cheapracer

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2011, 05:30:58 pm »
Mark good to see you are still with us,have you been on holiday or busy with work? Hows the hole nuke thing up there?
Mike

If you call getting up each morning to go and build race cars and experimental engines as well as other very interesting machinery "work" then yeah, I've been very busy  ;)

I have lived and been developing in Central/West China for the last 6 years but the East Coast monitor air still by the hour as you would. I nearly wasn't "with us" in 2008, I was pat of the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake, 40kms from the epicenter that killed 100,000, scared the beejeezus out of me (I was on my roof 6 stories up at the time and was preparing to jump off the side) and volunteering at the hospital for the next 2 days is something you don't want to see in your lifetime.

Should start to wind down over the next couple of years and live hopefully 50/50 Back in Oz and get back into VMX. I'll buy a bit of dirt somewhere so we can have some fun on the "like before" scale - pre 85, 90, 95's need not apply  pre 85, 90, 95's need not apply  pre 85, 90, 95's need not apply  pre 85, 90, 95's need not apply  :) 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:33:57 pm by cheapracer »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2011, 06:21:19 pm »

WTF is with this thread? Either it happens and its a bonus for us all, or it comes to nothing - us keyboard warriors have nothing to lose, so why the negativity?
Another example of the VMX world being desperate to disappear up its own arse?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »
As I said earlier, I really hope this Metisse thing happens and if it does I'll most certainly be buying one for my Triumph engine. i'm serious.

My negativity stems from hearing this stuff a number of times in the past and never seeing one single frame come out the other end. I really hope this turns out a bit different.

Curly3

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2011, 06:48:35 pm »
I reckon stuff the nockers, if you've got the resources and inclination to give it a crack, go for it.
I'm interested.
It's not like your asking for investors.

cheapracer

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2011, 08:20:53 pm »
if you've got the resources and inclination

Got that in spades ...

It's not like your asking for investors.

Nope, no need - I'm in a fortunate position that I don't need to make profit out of VMX'ers who's aim it is to get it on the track (and there is no deeper meaning to that).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:36:38 pm by cheapracer »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2011, 09:52:20 pm »
You still look ugly Mark....happy birthday.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.