Author Topic: VMX NZ 4TH ROUND CRASH  (Read 5145 times)

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: VMX NZ 4TH ROUND CRASH
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 08:11:59 pm »
great track you just had to remember to turn at the top of the jump ;D ;)

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 08:26:16 pm »

That is an awesome shot and some great air. Track looks fantastic.

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 05:37:44 am »
Photo's & video courtesy of MobileChicane. :)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 08:13:09 am »
I reckon it would look better with an EML chasing a WASP over that!!

TM BILL

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 08:26:24 am »

Na its not wide enough  ;)  ;D

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 08:32:02 am »
Nasty crash, looks like a great track in a nice field, but needs to be designed better from the start, who designed the track layout needs to rethink it, track is to narrow or going by the video it looks to narrow, plus the main straight is to short, plus you done need to have  a narrow drop  off (Jump)as your first corner, needs to be changed. Make it safe for your riders.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:40:12 am by 33M »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 09:09:58 am »

Na its not wide enough  ;)  ;D

I reckon we would make it wider by the minute :D :D :D

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 10:50:19 am »
Marc the video and photos dont do it justice it is a big drop  :)
Mate im envious you got to ride it in the day  ;D It was all over there before i fled the mothership so i missed out first time rd .

Hey Bill, my Uncle had the garage next to the bowling green in Ohope for years and I went to high school at Trident for a couple of years. It was the good old days when the school swimming sports were held in the Whakatane river, the current was that strong the finish line was 100m down stream and the teachers used to pick up the kids who got swept away in a jet boat ;D ;D

Back to the track, you are right very much part of NZ MX history .... arguably the most famous MX track in NZ, lotta big meetings were held there. Pure grass natural terrain MX marked out of the day with Yellow alkathine stakes and ropes on the corners.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 02:45:50 pm »
Marc the video and photos dont do it justice it is a big drop  :)
Mate im envious you got to ride it in the day  ;D It was all over there before i fled the mothership so i missed out first time rd .

Hey Bill, my Uncle had the garage next to the bowling green in Ohope for years and I went to high school at Trident for a couple of years. It was the good old days when the school swimming sports were held in the Whakatane river, the current was that strong the finish line was 100m down stream and the teachers used to pick up the kids who got swept away in a jet boat ;D ;D

Back to the track, you are right very much part of NZ MX history .... arguably the most famous MX track in NZ, lotta big meetings were held there. Pure grass natural terrain MX marked out of the day with Yellow alkathine stakes and ropes on the corners.

Small world mate , Both my older daughters went to Trident  ;D yep would have to be right up there behind Woodville as the most famous track this side of the ditch  :D

oldfart

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 04:35:08 pm »
Rode that track when it was part of the Xmas circuit . You are both wrong Mangere mountain was the best. But then again it was north of the Bombay ... does that count  ;)