Author Topic: Decibels  (Read 61445 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Decibels
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2008, 07:10:43 pm »
Thats the idea 211. 

Discussing Options and ideas and good advice on what actually works would do great things.

Some time its just in the knowing, who know someone might stumble onto a great idea or product that could make em millions. Just like tip x

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2008, 07:31:14 pm »
 and I thought this thread had gone ........quiet ........... ::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2008, 07:39:24 pm »
i just saw that this was when ross was quilting lol :Pn  thaTS ages AGO

YSS

« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2008, 08:05:54 pm »
Oh not Decibels for Xmas ::) , please  bring back the Suzuki Footpegs instead :D

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2008, 08:15:21 pm »
Oh not Decibels for Xmas ::) , please  bring back the Suzuki Footpegs instead :D

Suzuki footpegs, i still have nightmares about a heap of them chasing up a one way dead end street. Scary stuff indeed. i need a therapy season after that mega thread.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2009, 09:23:00 pm »
PPS while on the publicity thing..   why are there no Aussie dirt track Vintage title championship results in this years MOMs 2009 or am i missing it  ?

Tassie is in there so what gives ?  MA and andrew or howerver it is thats running the show still suck arse.   this just makes it even worse if they have left it out, wankers, shows there level of comitment to Vintage yet again,  but i could just be blind and missed it.  :D
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 06, 2009, 11:21:07 pm »
well im looking at the hard copy and i cant see the vintage DT, shows long track but nothing else.  Typical disrespectful MA crap nad they want us to fill out there Survey, they can survey my arse if they cant even pull there finger out and get this right, if i was a placer i would be spewing my name wasnt in the book or Aussie title holders ( assuming im looking in the right part)

Being on some web site means shit all, you want it in writing so you can hand it on to your kids, anyone can fudge a web page.

its just not on.   ( disclaimer if its there - sorry for all the fuss   ;D)

PSS i have spoken to some people and youll have your copy next week ali.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:22:42 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

number 87

« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2009, 01:59:52 pm »
Grabed my 09 MOM and Freaky don't ring the optometrist your eye sight is fine..... DT Nats results are'nt in print - neglectfull bastards maybe they should be called MI - Massivley Ineffective.....
15 years away from the sport and Im fast learning shit has not improved!! 

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2009, 11:41:18 pm »
well thats a crock of shoit they are both legitmate Australain titles and both should be in there, cut back on a half page add or there own MA photos, pricks, wish i had know that before i did the survey, if it aint closed off yet im going to let some shit fly
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

number 87

« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2009, 09:16:01 am »
I'm bringing my shit flinging shovel..... Have not yet done the survey...... but Im gonna!!!

211kawasaki

« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2009, 05:32:45 pm »
yep, and still they turn up to meetings with ear splittingly loud bikes. Its not that fact that noise limits have been imposed its that lack of compliance to those limits that are the issue. The arguement all along has been for the preservation of facilities as a reaction to the loss there of.

The days of having a muffler on at Machinery and not in the race are over.

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2009, 05:50:44 pm »
The message is not getting through.  Loud bikes must be excluded.  The sad thing about Conondale nats this year was that at the riders brief on day 2, the track Steward was forced to tell riders who passed machinery with mufflers on, to refit them, as it was so obvious they had removed their muffling immediately after.  I went for a walk between races, and saw quite a few bikes, mainly 4strokes, with no muffling whatsoever.
On the last club meet before the Nats, the BMCC had a noise meter so people could see how their bikes went.  I spent an afternoon rebuilding the muffler on my Maico and tested 93/94 db.  Very worthwhile, yet some would say, after what they saw & heard at Conondale, what a waste of time.
Mike 

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2009, 09:38:54 pm »
Perhaps we need to exclude all bikes that dont comply and see how quickly riders start to take the new rules seriously, May be we could test every bike the day before the Nationals and only bikes that pass will be allowed to start. I hope it doesnt come to this but as a noise tester and a vintage rider I think this is where we are heading to try and save some of our venues from the noise police and councils.96db for all vintage MX and DT we need to start to act!

Fatboy

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2009, 02:33:15 pm »
It wasnt a  Vintage meet at canberra was it ?  its all those full grids or 4 strokes drumming out the Drone thats the problem.  All well and good sticking it on the VMX guys but the battle for MA is the moderns, until they do everything else is window dressing.

How can modern events get exhaust exclutions to 102Db just becuase they are FIM standard pipes ?  thats the excuse MA use on the Road and track, the exhaust where made to comply with the FIM DB so they are compliant, everyone else who is doing the right thing on club days on ther pissy little vintage floggers is getting pinned, the cause is all the 450F's out there now banging out the DB's
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 02:37:10 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

ianscr250

« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2009, 05:47:09 pm »
Hi guys Now i havent read the whole thread and im to lazy to read 20 pages
but heres an opinion
decibels  if your to loud change the muffler
if you dont                    you dont race
if ma dont fix it, its up to the australian riders to elect new people
MA is identical to ACU (80'S) there a bunch of guys who think there doing the job right and not getting anywhere fast . so get of your arses and put in writing the things YOU the rider wants done YOUR the silly bastards paying them with your fees  your the boss's enough of you write and they will listen