Author Topic: Airbox Rubber boot  (Read 969 times)

SAABCOMBI

Airbox Rubber boot
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:37:55 pm »
What could you use to fix my airbox rubber boot, it has cracks any idea`s, is there anything on the market.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:30:56 pm by 33M »

SPANISH ARMADA

Re: Intake Rubbers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:37 pm »
surface cracks or holes . if it has only very minor perish cracks might ::)be fine but if it sucks more air than needed when it breaks right thru then u have a high speed lean out meltdown and no more pre70 engine left :'(. dont risk it for price of intake rubber if jared has them back in stock. cheers chris

SAABCOMBI

Re: Airbox Rubbers boot
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:26:27 pm »
I have been trying a lot of over sea sites, one came back to me, but l have to buy it through Bultaco Australia and l have been in contact with peter, but have`nt heard anything as yet.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:31:42 pm by 33M »

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 07:53:40 pm »
What really works good for an intake connector is the hose material that goes from
the gas filler to the gas tank on cars.  Much higher quality than radiator hose and gas resistant.
It comes in different lengths and different diameters.  Take your carb with you and match it up.

montynut

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:03:24 pm »
What bike are you fitting it to. Is it a Montesa?

I have tried the reproduction carbie hoses (between Carbie and Engine) and found them to have a very short life. I currently use reinforced rubber hose (fuel rated) from a industrial hose supplier. They have a large range of sizes and they are usually flexible enough to overcome any differences in size between Carnie and manifold.

If you are after the airbox to carbie then that is more difficult. There are several different versions. Jared (Cappra on the Forum) at SW Montesa or John at Rocky Mountain Montesa should be able to help. RM Montesa is particularly good for the early models while Jared covers the full range.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:50:13 pm by montynut »

SAABCOMBI

Re: Airbox Rubbers boot
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:26 pm »
Montynut the rubber that l have is off my  67 montesa cappra carbie to Airbox.
Not carbie to engine. Sorry,
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:29:30 pm by 33M »

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Airbox Rubber boot
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »
I believe some Jawa rubbers are interchangable with Montesa's. J