Author Topic: Race Numbers / Decals  (Read 5637 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Race Numbers / Decals
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 09:27:12 pm »
Woody ..have a look on here  http://ausvmx.ning.com/photo
Simple numbers  8)
Timing tower girls can see them real easy,when you go flying first past the chequered flag   ;)   ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

monaro308

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 09:28:48 pm »
sneaky trick is cut the adhesive into A4 size, mirror the images on a computer and print it out on the back. No tracing required ;)

Hey Chris thats exactly how i did the RM175  ;) and at about $2.00 a roll for black contact i can make as much as i like and when i like.
I am surprise how sticky the contact can be on a well prepped surface.

DR

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »
Mario 'tis how I make my left and right Rats ;D the ones on fleabay are all right side and they won't do left..no answer to my request so I guess it must have been all too much for them :D

BTW, I posted that elusive headlight today ;D only elusive because of where I had to crawl to retrieve it :o I have far too much shit or far too little room!

Offline Nobby25

• B-Grade
  • Could possibly fit other models?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 05:07:42 pm »
I also searched for fonts last year when my TM was near finished, but ended up making my own templates for all numbers in a phat style for single and skinny for two digits. Found some pretty good glossy contact. I thought they were good enough to sell on flebay advertised for a month or so but didnt get much of a reponse.I have pdf's of the templates and the Contact came from, http://www.crockerspaint.com/shop/products/118/Self_Adhesive_Contact_Paper.html
you can get black, white, green and yellow
So if your intrested I could work out how to send an email attachment with the whole set for you to make your own.
heres what I made up to show the style,

Cheers Nob
TM125L RM250N TC125L RL250M PE175T RM80C RMX250T ATC70 YZ80B?

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 08:38:11 pm »
Woody,
I have a old JT catalogue with that style numbers in it.
I can copy for you to use as a template if you like.

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 09:10:38 pm »
thanks Guys, it's a time consuming job searching for the right font, so it would be great if I could grab a copy off you guys.

I like docs tip of 'mirroring' the text to print it on the back of the contact sheet. I've printed an outline on the front of the contact, which doesn't turn out the best on the shiny contact film.
cheers 
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts