Author Topic: watch out for eBay buyers  (Read 4878 times)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
watch out for eBay buyers
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:39:19 am »
I have just found out the hard way that if you are a seller on eBay you have very little protection, the buyer has all the protection, to the point that if they lie about the item ie, not as described or not received the seller has to refund and if you wish to contest it you will be jumping threw lots of hoops waste lots of time and will still come out the looser.
ALSO watch out for postage, it cost me over $40.00 to send a wheel (i live out bush) and because the AUST POST cost showed around $20.00 the punter wanted a refund and got it, all the cost for me to handle it ie local coureer does not count.
Recommendations put no description except for parts only( when i used not perfect and told what needed rebuilding the @!#$% still had a go) and ebay agreed the !#@% had a case, Always use certified trackable mail.
If anyone else has some hints on how not to get RIPPED OFF as a seller or has a simular story please tell, ???

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: watch out for eBay buyers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:44:37 am »
Sorry you've been left with a bad taste-hope the next one is 100% positive.
Ive never been convinced to sell on ebay..probably why the shed is over flowing with gear bought from ebay.  :P
It just didnt read right with the fee's etc to me.
I'd sell on here and local first with the price I want.
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:01:01 pm »
I agree, buy yes sell NO. Is the photo problem fixed yet on  OZVMX? OZVMX RULES ;)

EBT

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:05:11 pm »
When feebay forced all to have paypal that was the day I stopped selling anything on there.

Mick.

rohan

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 12:24:47 pm »
How did eBay force you to coff up with the postage return? (Take it off you through PayPal Im guessing)
As a buyer I once foolishly purchased a brand new $10 kill switch before I noticed the horrendous $30 postage they were asking so I didn’t pay for it. I thought this will be interesting, will eBay close my account or give me a rating of 50% or something.
I had an email from eBay telling me I should have paid for the item and that was it... still have the 100% rating as well.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 12:55:30 pm »
i sell a bit on ebay ,1st send it insured ,dont give the buyers a choice,2nd state your conditions of return -yes will acept returns but buyer is responsible for return post,3rd goods must be returned with in 7 days,be honest with your description -i have sold bikes starting with -this bike is a shit crate suit spares or resto they know what they are bidding on then,always err on the lower side when you describe item,what you think is perfect may not be to a pedantic wanker

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:02:29 pm »
Works both way pete, i had a USA seller get me kicked off for a week for unscrupulous buying or somthing, after i had a go at him for his outrages postage charge at check out, this is after i won the item, so i bid and won again with my other account and he did it again and wouldnt post it, then i got a mate to buy it, but he paid with my paypal.................  i got owned.  he had me removed for a week, emails calls i hit the roof.  14 days late ri had to read and accept the terms and conditions again before they let me back on.   LEt me tell you life without Ebay is like cutting off you arse.  youll miss it everyday and want it more.

if he is unhappy with the item you can ask that he return it ( and yes they have to pay the postage back) so that usually stops them fussing, and they have to track it ( so they dont black pretend post you) so you get you item back and you fork them off.     there are ways to get even.  have a mate bid on there cheap shit and reeek hovok with the  feedback !!!!!!  and also not recieved claims.   GEt even i would :O)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:17:16 pm »
 :D  geez Freaky dont ever take up the stock market  ;)  :D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 01:19:00 pm »
Shelpi, WRT the postage costs, then you can cover yourself by clearly stating "I live in the bush. It will cost me another $20 to drive into town to post the item. This $20 will be paid by the winning bidder and will be in addition to the actual postage cost" or something like that.
Unless you make it clear, the buyer will be right to feel ripped off when you've charged double the apparent actual cost.

The balancing act between avoiding deckhead buyers (by making sure they can't convince themselves that the item is better thanit is) and scaring off the decent punters (by making it sound worse than it is) is a difficult one.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 03:04:55 pm »
I have had similar bad experiences selling on ebay - and never again.  I had a buyer fail to pay after 3 requests and only paid after I relisted the item. Then states that the item has not been recieved and opens a paypal claim. The item was collected but the tool will not close the paypal claim which leaves your account with a negative balance....   I then go to purchase another ebay item but have to pay off the negative balance plus the new item.  Sellers have no protection and get shafted by average individuals.  Never again will I sell on ebay.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 03:17:35 pm »
Thanks fella's will print out all these points made, i feel that i have a doodle brain proof approach now armed with my wierd shit a meter set to stun, will go back in (eBay)  and see if i can f#%k over some tosserr's for ya freakshow ( by the way fella's i have bought stuff from freakshow on eBay and he is a gentleman, but i would'nt like to mess with him), and i must say i have met some top people on ebay that i have purchased stuff from.
Has anybody got a pedantic wanker warning meter and or can you get them on eBay? ;)

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »
I usually only purchase from companies and businesses on E-bay and up untill now that has gone well. I recently purchased some rare NOS plastics from France that were listed with the correct Yamaha part no and photo's to match. Only on receival of the goods was it apparent that old mate must be colour blind. So I started a dispute with Idiotbay along the lines of "goods not as described" only to be told that I would be given a refund for parts and postage when I paid for the return of said goods to France, something to the tune of 35 euro's. I didn't respond to their emails or return the goods, Idiotbay can get forked.  :-* :-*

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 07:28:07 pm »
ah the french ,the surrender monkeys i have had problems with and so has a mate of mine who sells a lot of gear os wont sell to them anymore.why are the streets of paris tree lined? so the germans can march in the shade ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 08:28:39 pm »
ah the french ,the surrender monkeys i have had problems with and so has a mate of mine who sells a lot of gear os wont sell to them anymore.why are the streets of paris tree lined? so the germans can march in the shade ;D

Thats a bit harsh Robin  :o the poor old frog has tortured himself for centurys trying to decide  what millitary stratagey to use , the options being collaborate or surrender  ;D

I thought the trees on the avenues of paris were there to stop the dogshit drying out to quickly as it mask the smell of the locals  :P

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:30:32 pm by TM BILL »

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 08:43:08 pm »
 :D :D  Gold !!  :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....