Author Topic: New Klub Kevlar Project.  (Read 8161 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New Klub Kevlar Project.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 06:47:47 pm »
http://www.mccookracing.com/profiles/klubKevlar.htm  Read about Klub Kevlar here,some say there the good ol boys but Klub Kevlar International loves vmx, margareetas and a good party,seems fair to me. Kiwi klub Kevlar held a fundraiser at there Mermaid Bar so expect more unzuders over for c/d with tm bill.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:52:03 pm by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 06:49:02 pm »
Mark your right it has a roberts spartan frame look
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Curly3

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 09:00:36 pm »
Okay, this is definitely not a subject hijack and this question could probably warrant it's own thread.

Leaving all the aftermarket frames out of the equation, eg - Cheney, Mettise etc.

What original manufacturer frame was the best, pre 65, eg - BSA duplex?

I'm talking Short Circuit ( DT ).

I've put this question to Les Burdus who was one of the " GUN'S " around the time the Hagon's first appeared. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:04:17 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 10:54:32 pm »
steve
bsa duplex
arial duplex
road racing
norton feather bed
bsa duplex
ariel duplex
i think you will find that grass track frames were around pre 65 in england ie frame between motor and gear box

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 07:37:51 am »
Klub Kevlars Grand Poo-Bah Uncle Frank Stanborough has ordered the frame for his new pre 65 project. Because Rickmans and Cheneys seem to have become "frame du joure" for the pre 65 class and already owning his Manx Norton Metisse masterpiece anyway, Frank's decided to go with an Arthur Harris replica MoJo frame to house the Matchless G85 engine for his new project. MoJo was Pat French's apprentice at Metisse and after Pat died he went out on his own. Seeing that Rickman and Cheney were already being made elsewhere, he chose to replicate the little known Arthur Harris frame from the sixties. To me they're a bit funky looking compared to a Metise or Cheney but I reckon Frank'll get it looking right. He's using a Lyta tank instead of the odd looking MoJo item and proper alloy 'guards instead of the plugly plastic things on the bike in the photo.

Stunning piece of equipment.  Mark is just up the road from me.  Pat was a magnificent frame builder and his work set the bench mark that others tried to match.  Pat said that Mark was better then him (!)  so that really does say alot for the quality of Mark's frames.  A very nice chap and an extremely capable master craftsman...

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 02:26:48 pm »
 Hey Jim I nearly had apoplexy when I saw that #153 slider ,I thought it was my old B33 special, last seen at Cowra about '74! but no it was only wishful thinking.
 Forks ,oil tank exhaust all different.
cheers
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 07:10:25 pm »
Thats not a Gary Chasemore slider is it?