Author Topic: whats this?  (Read 4076 times)

DR

Re: whats this?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 06:46:15 am »
Thanks Frosty, highly unlikely I could afford anything much at present due to a shite start to the year but ask out of curiosity anyway. Chances are he may not wish to sell ;)

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 08:00:03 am »
I'm up for it being a pre-production bike, or a Euro 1976 YZ100.

The swingarm appears to be the longer 125X type - and the fact that you can't see the chain on the bottom, suggests that its got an X-type spring loaded tensioner.

The forks appear to be 34mm 125C forks, but with 125X style aircaps and fork boots.

Its hard to see, but the X-type cut-outs for the fork boots don't seem to be there.

OOOORRR... it could be a not-so-hotso resto. Although the forks are still weird.

the book quotes yamaha as its source for photos so id say the resto option is out.
Im going with pre production too. Now i want a white x as well as yellow one!
Also nathan you have a pm mate.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 10:19:30 am »
I will still get it Doc and see what I do with it the crank has play it has done the main bearings and it has had alot of suspension work it has different forks and rear shock and it sits higher than my pe400 I will buy it and see what I do with it.

It has a white plastic tank and guards but a steel swingarm the most attractive bit is the dg head. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

DR

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 10:58:38 am »
I've always got a '74 DT100 I could tart up as an MX Frosty but it just wouldn't be the same :D