Author Topic: '84 KX500  (Read 31742 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: '84 KX500
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »
( come to Buladelah and listen to me snore...hehe )

You won't have to go to Buladelah to hear him snore, anywhere within a 100k radius should be enough.

Amen to that brother.  I thought I snored bad, but geeeez  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »
The thing that really should be binding us together is the love and enthusiasm for a certain type or era of bike. This enthusiasm can be shown in lots of ways. We shouldn't be judging each other on levels of worthiness to be members of this group. If one person through time or ability constraints decides to buy a big dollar resto or pay for one to be done, this doesn't make them better or worse than someone who builds one out of bits and lots of mechanical know how. To keep these bikes going in a sympathetic environment should be our aim.
Just my opinion, Grahame.
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
The thing that really should be binding us together is the love and enthusiasm for a certain type or era of bike. This enthusiasm can be shown in lots of ways. We shouldn't be judging each other on levels of worthiness to be members of this group. If one person through time or ability constraints decides to buy a big dollar resto or pay for one to be done, this doesn't make them better or worse than someone who builds one out of bits and lots of mechanical know how. To keep these bikes going in a sympathetic environment should be our aim.

"Here here" ..well said Grahame,,now I'm off to the shed to polish our 15k 125  ;)  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »
brooksie,the only reason you were snobbed at a heaven round is you didn't have a fugging beer in yer hand,you need to try again ::), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

firko

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »
I couldn't have said it better.  ;)

ted

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »
Brooksie ...If you wanna give Heaven another shot one time i will take you there. If anybody has a shot at you because of your bike or displays snobbish behaviour towards you not only will i give them a mouthfull but we will leave immediately. I don`t know who was responsible for your treatment but the 90% of members that i do know are nothing like that. I turn up with my bikes in the back of my work truck as do most others.The only reason i am buying an enclosed trailer is for security reasons.My wife wants to come to some meetings this year but will not camp at the track so the trailer will be more secure at motels.Anyway consider this

Cheers

ted

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
i may even learn where to shop for parts and save some coin...hehehe

maicoman

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »

Well said Grahme, I think I've got my point of view out there and each to their own. Some may agree, some may not. So I'll go back to my budget rebuilds and press on and one day might even make it to a VMX event.

By the way scored some Factory Husky manuals at Sydney Super Swap Meet today $10 each.....Oh + petrol.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:57:33 PM by Brooksie »

maicoman

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
Might take you up on that Ted. My Husky would be an ideal mount and is one of my favourites to ride.

ted

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2011, 02:12:42 PM »
Oh + petrol....Thats funny

No prob...everyone likes Huskys

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »
What a great outcome to an unnecessary pissin match

ted

« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »
"Here here" ..well said Grahame,,now I'm off to the shed to polish our 15k 125     
cheers A

That would be a good idea....at least it would stop you from commenting on every subject on here for a while

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
"Here here" ..well said Grahame,,now I'm off to the shed to polish our 15k 125     
cheers A
That would be a good idea....at least it would stop you from commenting on every subject on here for a while

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

GEORGE

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2011, 09:44:30 AM »

Got some KX parts forsale Teddy. Might be a way to move your

500 on, to brake it up there is a call for parts. I maybe interested

in the black rims.........for my modern bike. The motor would go

good in a buggy & the anodized parts would be good christmas

decorations. Try listing parts on ebay & good luck, I'll be watching.

GEORGE

ted

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
Look whos back...old Georgey Boy

Thats real good advice George...i will take it on board , now run away you retard