Author Topic: DIAMOND DONS RAFFLE TICKETS. CLOSING SOON. GET IN NOW!!  (Read 11704 times)

firko

Re: DIAMOND DONS RAFFLE TICKETS. CLOSING SOON. GET IN NOW!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 10:59:34 pm »
If anyone's got any hesitations about this I can add that I've had a bit to do with Ron over the years and he's a genuine, fair dinkum kind of bloke who's pretty passionate about promoting his club and vintage racing. Sure the timing of this is a bit crook, as is the short lead up time but for this to work we need to support it as a movement. 
Here's the bank details again...
BSB: 014691
ACCOUNT #: 248997609
ACCOUNT NAME: Ronald.T.Single.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:51:21 am by firko »

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:09 pm »
raffle ends on 17th jan. ive bought 5.

colmoody

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 06:50:03 pm »
In the course of trying to buy a ticket in the Diamond Don Raffle I had a yarn to Ron on the phone last night and he kind of agree'd that among other things the purchasing process may need to be made a little easier. Today I am in receipt of a hand written fax from Ron that I said I would post up on this forum.

And I quote word for word from that fax.

Col, I have sent to the QLD office of Gaming Regulation a request to extend ticket sales until Monday 17th Jan 2011and to cease at 12.00 (midnight on that date. The draw will take place at Mango House, Airlie Beach at 3.00PM Friday 21 Jan 2011. The will be notified by phone after the draw and the result will be emailed to all people on our email data base.

This time frame will allow for money transfers to be finalized within the Banking system and be processed into the draw. The draw will be a butt draw with all eligable tickets going into a large container and a person not involved with the classic movement making the draw-possibly Pam the Manageress of Mango House or someone from Tourism Whitsunday.

Mango House is involved as they have put up 3 nights accomodation in August for 2 people as part of a Whitsunday promotional package to be Raffled at Diamond Dons. This will be a reverse of the Art Union we are currently running with a trip for 2 to the Whitsunday Classic MX to be held on the 2nd weekend in August 2011.

I will release an email as soon as official sanction for the extension has been approved- Many Thanks Ron 0429451475

colmoody

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 07:04:38 pm »
I just got off the phone with Ron a minute or so ago and was keen to clarify how best he would like the purchase process to happen and he said if anyone wanting to buy a ticket could deposit the money in the account (details mentioned elsewhere) in multiples of $50 with an attached mobile phone number that is the go. He tells me that the bank will take a mobile number of up to 10 digits but if for whatever reason they say they can only accept nine digits drop off the zero at the front and he will know what is missing. You will not receive a physical ticket/s but he will ring you to confirm receipt of the money and allocation of ticket/s.

Personally I reckon the promotion of this Art Union would be better served in General Discussion and if it is possible to move this and my above post into General discussion I am happy for that to happen. I have no idea how to but if you reckon you can, go for it.

Still not convinced, Ron is happy to take your calls on his mobile to fill in any gaps.

firko

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 10:56:45 pm »
I've just purchased some tickets using the direct deposit numbers I posted in an earlier post. No problems at all.

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 05:41:03 pm »
Just spoke to Ron he's had a few hiccups, his excat words were "its like trying to run a motocross meeting in a cyclone" he asures me those of us who have ordered tickets will get a responce in the next day or two.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 12:02:04 pm »
SUNDAYS  NEWSFLASH
quote:Diamond Don’s Riverport National Motocross had the highest attendance of all 2010 AHRMA events. We had about 800 race entries with more than 1000 people through the gate. Trampas Parker was the race legend and was a great sportsman and a true gentleman. Boy is he fast! He won every race he entered but one The brakes weren’t tight enough. He is a world champ and waits until the last second to brake. We are planning on a bigger event this year, recognizing Gary Bailey as our legend. Date is set for April 15-17th. Be there or be square.

Quote:Whitsunday Classic Motocross Art Union
Final Chance
Due to a few hiccups we have been granted an extension for the ART Union
The Art Union Ticket Sales Now Close Midnight on Monday 17 January.
So get your Tickets either by email or direct deposit
Your odds are very good at getting a win
The draw will be on Friday 21 January at 3 pm,  Mango House at Airlie Beach
Below are  the details with the email address for credit card details or the bank account details for direct deposit for your ticket purchase. We will also send Diamond Don’s newsletter from the states to give you an idea of what to expect.
Make sure you give us your mobile phone number
For further info please contact Ron Single 0429 451 475 . Ron is out of range at times so leave a message or keep trying
To help make things easier you can buy your ticket by making a direct deposit to
ANZ BANK  014-691

Acc 248997609

Account name R P Single

Tickets numbers purchased is simple for us to work out as it is a simple multiple of $50.00 or use the email address [email protected] for credit card details

Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:20 am »
I just got the following email from Phil Begley from the Whitsunday Club. If you haven't got a ticket or two yet, nows your chance........
Mark it has been extended until Jan 17 and the draw will be on the following friday to allow for direct deposits'.  Best email addres is  [email protected]

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 04:44:52 pm »
Anyone out there bought tix by sending an email?? ..I sent an email a couple of weeks ago ...with CC details etc..haven't heard back or no notification ..no money out of account either..??..should I do a direct deposit..??

firko

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 05:57:05 pm »
I bought mine by direct deposit Brian. I've spoken to Ron a number of times with regards him getting further info to me so I can put it up here on the forum. I'm still waiting. Unfortunately Ron Single hasn't much of a clue with computers and is relying on club members for the communication and I don't think that's working too well. It's all above board but it could have been handled a bit lot better. My only worry is of them breaking even, not anything dodgy. I think you'll get a better response from [email protected]

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 06:32:12 pm »
I used email address and credit card details about two weeks ago with still have no idea whether I have a ticket or not. Rang Ron Single and he didn't recall my name being on ticket list, said we would hear before the 17th if I have ticket. I need to know now, so if I do not have ticket I can still have time to organise one. For such a addvert in VMX magazine it is poorly run, need to know you have been successful or not in purchasing a ticket.

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 06:35:51 pm »
Yep me too...I sent details to the gmail address and haven't heard anything back.....so I think I will bite the bullet and do a direct debit...it's a good cause and sounds like a great event if lucky enough to win..:)

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »
I would do the same but do not want to end up with double tickets, I am hoping my email went through.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »
quote:Please be advised that if you have purchased tickets for the trip for 2 to Diamond Don's via Credit card, it will appear on your bank statement as Smart HR Solutions, as we are processing all payments through their eftpos machine.
 Thankyou
per Ron Single

My bankcard statemant says,the tickets were drawn out on the 7th Jan  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »
any news on WHO WON 8)
Best is in the West !!