Author Topic: Getting Vics to CD8 ... Team Spirit  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Vics to CD8 ... Team Spirit
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 02:12:58 pm »
Myself and 3 others are going up to CD8. We were planning on travelling from Ballarat to Melbourne then up the Hume in a twin cab and enclosed trailer. We would be happy to discuss any other options or at least hook up with some other Vic's to make the trip more enjoyable. Any suggestions?

Stan.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 02:21:15 pm »
I have to admit, I am very disappointed and have given up on CD. It is just too far and takes at least 2 days drive each way. It seems that QLD is the permanent home for CD - enjoy northerners.

It's a pity that you cannot make it to CD8.  :(

As a matter of interest, the North Queenslanders are even further away than most Victorians.  :o  Yes, Queensland is a big place!

And by the way, nothing is certain about the location for Classic Dirt 9... if it happens at all  ::)

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 02:35:41 pm »
As i wrote in another thread.

For most Victorians (or SA, TAS, WA for that matter), Melbourne to Conondale & return is 3700km’s minimum. In any man's language that 50 odd hours of bum on seat in a car, or close to 5 days of driving. Add the 3-4 days at Conondale that’s an 8/9 day commitment.
For some of the self employed guys that’s 5 days of lost income, fuel, 4 nights accommodation, meals and the list goes on and that just gets you to & from Conondale not taking into account the costs involved in being there.
Us VIC’s had it easy with some of the early venues of CD and given that i travelled to Conondale in 2009/10 and would have been happy if it was in NSW or somewhere with less commitment towards funds and time as i'm going to struggle to get to this years event.

Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »
Even the South Aussies...I'm sure Freaky would help you drive.....then you can get into that mind of his!! ;D

too far to send a bike.  Bruce ferggy is looking at doing full load/ trips to events this year.   As in if you can get 12-22 bikes together you hire him and the truck - trailer to pick up from the depot a load drive it and your gear to the event and then at the end of the event you fill up the truck again and he drives it back to the depot ( sydney or melb)  not sure of the cost but is an option if you want to go that way. Have been working on an interstate solution for those wanting to get a bike and gear down here for the Nats, and just fly donw the day before and set themselves up and fly out again afterwards ???
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 06:26:01 pm »
I think your wrong about queensland for ever,a tuff venue to beat and ive been to  all C/D
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 06:45:34 pm »
Haven't you vic's got them fandangled aerioplanes down those parts. Fly up, hire a car and scab a ride. There will be a couple of thousand bikes there. 5 guys in a hire car would be peanuts if you split it.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 07:13:03 pm »
im comeing as long as i can ride the 360 twinpiper  buddy ;)

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 07:38:31 pm »
Brad, were on it, flights, rentals and all of the above. I guess that bringing your own bike and doing a road trip adds to expierence of the whole thing. It's never bothered me when i lend my bikes out, but i get a little weird riding other enthusiasts pride and joys and tend not to.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Captain Bilko

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 07:39:21 pm »

It'd nearly be worth going just watch Paul (trying to) ride..... :D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 08:55:02 pm »
funny ross

firko

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 09:59:12 pm »
i get a little weird riding other enthusiasts pride and joys and tend not to.
The sharing and swapping of rides is what the whole spirit of Classic Dirt's about. We've been to every Classic Dirt and that test ride mentality has been there right from the git-go. Every time I saw Jonesy's Weslake Metisse last year, someone else was cutting laps on board her. That's always been the spirit in Kamp Kevlar and Husky Central anyway. Even Bernie lent his beloved 490 Maico to a guy because the bloke had never ridden a Maico of any sort. The look on that kids face when he came in was priceless. If you want a ride of one of the  bikes in the Kompound, just ask. You'd have to be a real dickweed to get a refusal  ;D.

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 10:01:22 pm »
It's a bet!
You will owe me fifty if you don't turn up and I will owe you if I don't get it going in time. Easy money. I don't think you know where your front gate is let alone going two states away :D

Brad, were on it, flights, rentals and all of the above. I guess that bringing your own bike and doing a road trip adds to expierence of the whole thing. It's never bothered me when i lend my bikes out, but i get a little weird riding other enthusiasts pride and joys and tend not to.
I understand completely.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 10:05:21 pm »
Easiest 50 you'll ever make Brad. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »
dont worry about the money ,if i can come i will  ;)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 10:38:41 pm »
You backing out already Paul?...and it's only been 31 minutes......we can get you councilling if you like?.....300km's.....I can do it...300km's.....I can do it ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.