Author Topic: Last National VMX Meet - South Africa  (Read 3710 times)

VMXSA171

Re: Last National VMX Meet - South Africa
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 04:18:59 am »
Yes okay that's me with the elbows. I grew up racing flat track and it just stuck. Infact you may notice my brother has a similar style. Don't worry they come in handy in the first corner and have gotten me around a couple of Roof of Africas (good for fending of rocks). Works for me.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 02:19:33 pm »
Yes okay that's me with the elbows. I grew up racing flat track and it just stuck. Infact you may notice my brother has a similar style. Don't worry they come in handy in the first corner and have gotten me around a couple of Roof of Africas (good for fending of rocks). Works for me.

Did anyone tell you about the trip to West Australia you missed.   Evan tried hard to drink your share of alcohol, but failed miserably by West Aussie standards!!lol
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 08:16:34 am »
I think the place we used to ride was brickworks or something like that.. also remember a track out by a sewage farm on the way to hartebeespoort dam.
I moved to oz in mid 80s so a while back for me now.. A good mate who Id love to get in touch with from riding in those days was roy macdonald , have been unable to track him down, dont even know if he is in SA any more -
Any of you South African guys know of or remember him? he was racing in early 90s in jhb mx scene?

TooFastTim

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 10:50:07 am »
I was in Cape Town. Only ever drove past Corobrick. Stick your head in at e-dirt.co.za to see if anybody on there knows Roy.