Author Topic: Jeremy Burgess to follow Rossi to Ducati…  (Read 5049 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremy Burgess to follow Rossi to Ducati…
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 04:56:53 pm »
Any chance that will change next year or will Stoner be having to take the hand me downs?

I am sure Casey is well aware of the 'Alberto Puig' factor at Team Honda.  ;)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 05:24:44 pm »
Any chance that will change next year or will Stoner be having to take the hand me downs?

I am sure Casey is well aware of the 'Alberto Puig' factor at Team Honda.  ;)
....not to forget the Repsol/Spanish factor.

But Honda has been in a winning drought so long they will back the best prospect of winning. Casey has to 'hit the ground running' in those first few tests and take advantage of any Pedrossa confidences or injury worries, and he'll win the season there and then. 

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 07:34:53 pm »
Vale is one of the most savy, politically aware, manipulating, Psych-Out animals in the pits.

He's also one of the best guys for setting up a bike since KR and Sheene.

I think Kenny had more than a clue, especially when guided by Kel. Sheene spent all his post-race commentary career rubbishing KR's set-up abilities, eg : "Roberts could be accused of anything except having a clue how to set up a bike " and "Roberts couldn't sort out a sock drawer"...  I fel he was incurably bitter as a result of KR's arrival in Europe for the '78 season, and spoiling Sheene's perfect world...

Watch Lorenzo go backwards next year without Vale to set up the bike for him.

Can't agree with that one Tim, I think he and his team are on to it. We shall see : interesting season on the cards... ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 02:50:59 pm »
I don't know. As far as I can work out Casey either "on" or "off" which suggests (to me) that he's struggling setting up the bike. Sure, he could be doing this deliberately.

The other "fudge" factor is: who are Bridgestone going to nominate as their primary team? Will they stay with Yamaha or follow Rossi again? When Casey won his championship the Michelins were crap and Ducati was Bridgestones primary team. When Rossi fired Michelin Bridgestone nominated Yamaha as their primary team. That means the tyres are developed with the Yamaha in mind and everyone else must just take what they get.

*edit* Lets play (mind) games. Let's assume that Bridgestone go with Rossi to Ducati. Will they be able to supply a tyre that suits the Carbon Fibre frame? Previously they were supplying for the trellis frame. Is it the CF frame that is causing Caseys inconsistant results?

Maybe some facts wouldn't go astray here.
MotoGP is approaching it's second full season of control Bridgestone tyres.The tyres get made in 1 batch at the beginning of each year and are alloctaed at random.Every rider has the same tyre, there is no 'primary team'
Michelin were BANNED from flying in specificaly tailored tyres overnight at GP's when Michelin stopped that practice the tyre performance went south.
Rossi never 'fired' Michelin, he said he was going off to drive rally cars unless he got Bridgestone tyre's Dorna kowtowed and forced Bridgestone to supply Rossi tyres. Pedrosa/Puig sacked Michelin after the travesty at Laguna Seca 08.
Stoner's front end drama's are down to the 2010 52mm Ohlins TR forks (TR for through rod) as soon as he switch back to the 48mm 09 TTX fork the poles, the race wins and fastest laps quickly followed, so join the dots on that.
In Sepang 09 when torrential rain hit the track an hour before the GP, which left the entire field guessing set up on wet tyres without even riding a lap, Casey Stoner finished the length of the straight ahead. Must have been a fluke................ ::)
Jesus only loves two strokes

TooFastTim

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 03:31:39 pm »
Lozza, how dare you ruin a perfectly good thread with FACTS  ::)

P.S. I had forgetten that the Bridgestones are controlled tyres which does kind of shoot down my hypotheses. Kind of...err....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:39:24 pm by TooFastTim »

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 05:37:06 pm »
The tyres would have to favour 1 type of bike slightly or are they just designed to a spec provided by dorna with no testing done other than at the races