Author Topic: Back to work tomorrow and this is all I got done mmmmm.....  (Read 15663 times)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Back to work tomorrow and this is all I got done mmmmm.....
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 11:20:56 am »
Hope to do some of this on the same track later this month....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJiendeBej4&feature=related
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 11:48:54 pm »
Fixed the seal and took this arvo off work to finish the running in ALL IS WELL (except for the pipe just barely touching the webco head)
Hopefully work won't keep me too busy next month and I will actually get to race this thing (not very likely as its the end of the financial year  >:( >:()
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 02:50:35 am »
hey CG,
what colour silver did you use for the wheel hubs? i'm haveing trouble finding something i like for my MX.
and how do the shocks feel?
"flat bickie"

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:01 am »
Hopefully work won't keep me too busy next month and I will actually get to race this thing (not very likely as its the end of the financial year  >:( >:()

Next time you think your having bad luck think on this....

I absolutely flogged my guts out to get far enough ahead on my work load to have a weekend off to go racing, I fill up with fuel ($95) for the trip to Narrogin from Perth (220K's) load up my van with bike, gear bag, and everything else I need. At 3.30AM Me and my mate Marc hit the road and arrive in Narrogin at 6.45AM only to discover that no-one is there  :o I check the printed version of my club calender (VMXWA) and it sayes 22 JUNE Narrogin so I wonder "What the fork" I have my mate ring his Dad at 7.15AM to check on the clubs website but his new computor does not have adobe .pdf reader installed  >:( so back to Perth I go  :( :( :( when I get home I check the website and discover a venue change on the calender which is different to the one I had printed. So when all was said and done I had wasted almost $100 worth of fuel over six hours of my life I won't get back and the most perfectly clear and sunny day for racing I have seen in a long while all because some worthless motherforker didn't bother to email me an updated copy of the club calender when it was rewritten (I see little point in suppling a club with a personal email address when they NEVER send me a newsletter or any other acknowledgement of my membership with that club (5 months and still no membership card!?))
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 12:30:46 pm »
I feel for you Cyclegod!!

Let me start by saying I along with my Dad have run meetings and  I know the sport is run by volunteers, mostly very well BUT that sort of thing drives me insane and does no good for the sport. I had a similar experience travelling from Melbourne to Oran Park for a race where the promoter forgot to book the track >:( and didn't notify us until we were all ot the track!!

It was that sort of thing that killed supermotard racing in victoria.... cancelled meetings on the saturday before raceday & constantly rescheduling meetings, people just get sick of it and start to drop off, for me being a shift worker I have to reorganise rosters and beg and plead for race weekends so when they get cancelled its a major pain in the arse.

It makes you appreciate the majority of people that run meetings successfully, they deserve a huge pat on the back because the ones that miss the small details like notifying of cancellations, updating websites etc can really leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 01:09:59 pm »
What annoyed me most was that no-one else seemed to have made the same error, I didn't see another vehicle with VMX bikes on it the whole trip home. It seems all the "CLUB" members knew but not the newbie who is "not in the loop".
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 01:23:46 pm »
That's a real bummer! I'd be pretty unhappy too. Luckily in all my life that's never happened to me, although that's partly because I am anal about checking things ten times before I do it...

Anyway, it turns out they must have emailed me because the OzVMX calendar appears to be correct! I feel good because as I read your post I started to get the sinking feeling that maybe my version was wrong too. Whew!

I'm guessing if you aren't hearing anything, including not getting your card, your name must have slipped off their list. Give them a yell and let them know, even the best of us make mistakes. I am sure they wouldn't be going out of their way to bugger things up for you and they'll appreciate the help.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 01:34:57 pm »
Club meeting this wednesday, I'll be there minus the anger to add my two cents
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 05:28:59 pm »
That's a lot of miles and a lot of disappointment for such a simple thing as pinging an e-mail to everyone on the database.

Ya know what I hate?
People who put their e-mail address and phone numbers as THE contact for the Club but don't respond to the e-mails and don't answer their phones!

I expressly ask for a response to my e-mails and I leave my phone number on the answer machine.
I mentioned this to another forum member and he said he'd e-mailed the same Club eight times over his two year membership and not one courtesy response!
If an answer to my question is not known then bloody well say so!!
A simple acknowledgement takes about 30 seconds...
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 08:59:58 pm »
Cyclegod
I hope you do go to the club meeting.
Will it be your first  ??? :o
I am surprised you had not followed up on the lack of membership response given that it had cost you more than half of what it had cost you to get to Narrogin - yet for five months you were not concerned about this ...... ??? ???
Please dont bag the guys that are puttin in there time as volunteers to run a successful club.  Given that YOU were the only one to turn up at the wrong venue may be the lack of communication / investigation was from your end.
Get the contact details off the VMXWA web site and make some phone calls about your membership - hey there could be a genuine mistake. It wouldnt be the first in a clubs history.  :-\
See you at the next race meeting :)
Steven
Best is in the West !!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 09:07:43 pm »
 Ahoy there CG, try to keep up with the club website mate, there has been plenty of info around re Bunbury including a reminder  that it was coming up. What happened to you was unfortunate, but without wishing to appear in any way indelicate, you fell for the old " not enough research' trick. But if you do go to the club meeting tonight, I am sure you will make some contacts, the WA guys are very approachable from President Pete down, and will make you more than welcome. Try not to worry too much, as there are some good meetings coming up, including the Dyjak Park new track, and of course Wandering, it'll be worth the wait.   ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 11:01:17 pm »
Ok Ok.. so did you take it out for a play and how did it go..?????
hangin out for a report  ... ;D
cheers alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2008, 07:26:31 pm »
Went O.K at Dyback park, until the hand cramps set in  :(

Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2008, 07:35:04 pm »
That looks like a good track, green grass and all, must have been a fun day. The bikes looking good CG.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer