Author Topic: Nzud to Australia  (Read 7646 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Nzud to Australia
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 05:50:36 pm »
took my maicosport to victoria for Auz vintage nats-practillay same fly or sea,customs charge to look for spiders etc,could need a Carne to say you will bring bike back.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 06:49:29 pm »
Try and get a quote from Mainfreight as the are advertising shipping in one of our motor trader mags in Brisbane, from and to NZ, there wharehouse is quite close to port of Bris,  here you go found the mag

ex NZ chrissy douglas Ph 0274821173, email [email protected], if you need someone to pick it up in Brissy and store it let me know

Graham
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 09:38:10 pm »
thanks ladies and gents
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 07:59:49 am »
thanks DJ - I have been looking at bikenut - who don't answer quote requests  :-\ - and that inslcudes a dedicated bike crate.  I was hoping Auckland to Perth around $1KAUS so I may not be far off the mark.

Whatever you do, please consider that bikenut is nothing more than a middleman that screws motorcycle transporters to the wall and then puts his mark up ontop of that. Ive had several dealings with the guy in my role as TBM and every occassion was always a run around. He promises the customer this and that but really has no idea of what the transporters itinerary is and nor does he appear to care once he has your hard earned, which also needs to be paid upfront.

As you might be able to tell, I have no time for the middleman! Bluggers making money off of some elses hard work and time.....
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 01:33:18 pm »
finally received a quote.

We'd be very pleased to assist with getting the bike to you in W.A.

Costs from door Auckland to arrival at our appointed Fremantle unpacking depot would be NZ$925.00

Further local Australian arrival charges for port & Line fees, unpacking, Customs & AQIS fees would approximate $650.00 plus local & import GST.
Bikenut will be able to further quote you delivery to your door in Kinross.

Note that an Import Permit is required BEFORE the bike is shipped. See www.infrastructure.gov.au for details on this aspect and a link to the Permit application.

We trust this of assistance to you and look forward to receiving your further favourable instructions in due course.

Please do not hesitate to contact us meantime with any questions you may have

Thoughts guys???

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 04:25:41 pm »
POst it all.  I looked at buying a speedway bike over there, when i did the maths it was cheaper and easier to  post it in boxes.

Nzd is cheap.  a 400 x 400 x 400 box up to 20kgs was only $80NZD

the smaller foot by a foot was like $20NZD.   if you send in 6 boxes at worst you would be under $600 to your Door, and no Foot and mouth clearnace required.

Just post the fricken thing. nd i hear TM bill has an hourly rate, when hes not towing.   Nice little side line for you there DJ or TM !
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

suzuki43

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 07:23:21 pm »
Rossco,lets talk mate,I am sure we can work out a cheaper way, given I paid NZD$1200 to import a crate containing 3 bikes from the US,I am sure we can get you a cost effective freight solution to Oztralia.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 09:10:44 pm »
Pull it apart and send it as parts, you dont need an import permit then and can probably get away with the grab, snache and take.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 09:36:42 pm »
I had to get one of those import permits to ship from Auckland to Melbourne,cost is only$50 and is straight forward for anything pre 89 but you still have to send passport photo and some documents to Canberra,just a piss around really.

cheers Dale.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 07:43:04 am »
You have some complications at the Australian side as you may get hit with import duty as well as GST, if it is deemed complete MC.
formerly Marc.com

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 09:41:01 pm »
Seems I can tell you how not to do it. Bike was sent before before import papers were done and now bike is in storage at $50 per day. Don't have the seller say the full amount of purchase. Don't have it sent as a complete bike (pull it apart and state it is a bunch of old parts).
Don't know if its possible, but maybe it can be sent over as parts and not a sale as such. As if the seller is just shipping it over for himself like DJ did.
Still have not got this bike and it will cost my old man a fortune by the time its done. Nearly triple what it should have. Not happy Jan!