Author Topic: CD7 book is printed ...  (Read 8657 times)

TT

Re: CD7 book is printed ...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 10:43:10 am »
I had a better look through it last night and I still can't believe how much I missed at the event!  :D
My favourite photos (out of the dozens that I love!) are the the one of Phil from Shannon's and the deteriorated plug cap. Both have a great 'feel' to them and both are by D. Digger.

btw Firko, I didn't see the Cheney shot you're talking about in there.  ??? You sure you didn't dream that bit, or am I just blind?   :-\

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 08:31:49 pm »
Holy Shit!!!
Just got my copy of Roger Harveys CD7 Pictorial and i just cant put it down. Back to front, front to rear time and time again.
If you have any interest in VMX, whether you were at Conondale or not this pictorial representation of both VMX & Classic Dirt is a MUST HAVE. Roger's (and the many contibutors) interpretation of what happened that weekend has been captured in a way i diddn't think would be possible.

As Molly would say, "do yourself a favour" and get this book as i'm sure that in years to come it will figure in everyone collection of must haves.

AWESOME!
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

TM BILL

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 07:44:41 am »
Got my copy this morning  ;D WOW thanks so much Roger it is absolutley brilliant  ;D The book really captures the spirit of what would have to be the best CD yet .

Thanks again Roger and all the contributors i hope it can become a regular addition to the CD events Bill.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 05:02:52 pm »
Got mine, Brilliant.  I can't believe how much it helped me to remember about the W/end.
Just get a copy, It's worth it.
Thanks Roger   
PS I'll be in touch for an A4 copy of those track drawings 8)
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 09:47:07 pm »
Ditto all of the above! Unable to get there this year so this was the next best thing. Wish I could think of something profound to say. I will tell you this though. I let a mate who is new to the scene and a CD virgin have a look (actually he's borrowed it!) and he's already talking up a road trip for CD8 (where ever it's held!) Well done again Roger. Cheers Jerry

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 09:50:42 pm »
just got my copy today, its a piss cutter edition (Thanks Doggy Digger) what a great read and memento of the event.

great pics and mix of some bloody funny characters and fantastic bikes.

Love your work mate.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 10:10:08 pm »
Well I can't say I'd be happy as a dog with two dicks ..Hoony...or laughing about dropping my gloves in the portaloo,or getting av gas on our genitalia, but we have booked in for next Friday week to get our faces stitched to take the smile off our face's.  :D  what a blast....  8)  8)
Love's ya all and it was ripper to remember.  :-*
Steven and Alison WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 08:07:14 pm »
book arrived today filled in a few blanks, I do after all own the esky on wheels! the rl 250 outfit for those of you guys that werent there, Job well done rodger!

Doggy Digger

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 11:00:30 pm »
Approx 105 books have gone out, and here are demographics:

VMX office:   10 copies

SC MCC:       10 copies

NSW:            34 copies

Qld:              32 copies

Vic:               16 copies

WA:              2

ACT:             1

NT:               1

SA:               1
--------------
USA:             1

NZ:              1

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:05 pm »
On ya Champ..how many left ??
Best is in the West !!

Offline 490 tez

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 06:24:54 am »
 ;D got mine great work guys ;D cool as  ;D ;D ;D ;D
big bore two strokes rock!!!!!!!!

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 10:14:43 pm »
I've got my copy and it's a bit of a buzz to see myself in a book about my hobby/sport.

But for all I did think of DJ and Bill. They came from another country and Bill even bought a bike sight unseen, brought his hop up parts over with him and rebuilt the bike before riding it for the event! That's hard core!
The older I get, the faster I was

firko

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 10:22:44 pm »
I've bought five plus another two after I type this....I've sent two to America, one to the UK and another to NZ, now my mate in America wants another one for his buddy. Everyone loves it Roger, methinks you may have created an annual monster!
btw Firko, I didn't see the Cheney shot you're talking about in there.   You sure you didn't dream that bit, or am I just blind?
No it was me.....Before I got my copies I was in Jonesy's office looking at his copy while we were also flicking through your photos on the computer screen...somehow my mind computed that I'd seen the photo in the book. It had me rooted....I must have gone through the book a dozen times looking for it again before it clicked as to what had happened.

You wait until you're my age Tony!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:28:30 pm by firko »

mtbrider

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 10:53:57 pm »
Just brought a copy as a momento and was really stocked to see two fabulous photos of myself in the book plus one of my head in the headshots in the back. Must have some thing to do with me riding the Hodaka Super Rat (not the front cover one). Had a blast on the pre 75 track racing the other Super Rat and yes I was faster until I blew both the back shocks out jumping it over the fantastic jump after the big tree.

Does the publisher have a bit of a soft spot for Hodakas. ?

Great work on the book. Thanks

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 11:18:26 pm »
I bought 4 copies Mark.......part of the retirement fund ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.