Author Topic: WHAT YEARS DID JERRY RIDE BULTACO'S  (Read 3717 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT YEARS DID JERRY RIDE BULTACO'S
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 09:46:22 am »
A quick note to my fan club (Hoony!) Great day at Mirboo. Wet and greasy as usual but dried mid day. Track was perfect in my opinion. Better lay out than last year or maybe it suited me better. Peter Schoene ( Bultaco Parts) delivered Fang the Sang after fitting a CDI unit. Starts 1st kick! I love it. Had some trouble with CDI initially in the year but Peter bent over backwards to sort things out to which I'm very greatful. Being the diplomat that he is he also diplomatically pointed out that I had re spoked my rear wheel backwards!!! Much better performance than last year subtle changes like reducing tyre pressures, a front brake that works, adjusting my shocks so that they actually move, a taller seat all added to my confidence. Front end a lot grippier giving me some confidence to pick a line and commit to it. Amazing! Got a good start in one race and found my self in second place much to my suprise. Basically I thought "how the f@#k did that happen and then set about falling back to about 5th which is more my area of comfort. Fell off once when I got ambition mixed up with ability. Broke camp and headed to The Grand Ridge Brewery where my followers proceeded to try nearly every beer on the menu (I kid you not!) Much hilarity on the drive home from the back seat while I tried not to fall asleep (I was driving after drinking lite beer) Put basically "A F@#$%^*g pearler of a day! Many thanks to landowner, VCM committee and EMMCC officials for their efforts without which it surely wouldn't happen. Cheers Jerry