Author Topic: Pre-95.  (Read 17543 times)

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
Re: Pre-95.
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »

Evil Rudy

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »
Evil Rudy says,

“Don’t do drugs. Leave them for the more unfortunate and the poor so they don’t bother us”.

Social Darwinism at work... Stop making pie charts and graphs and writing soliloquies about what was what in what year and by how much - more – better - best it may be. Blah frick’n blah.

Put the motion to the committee, wrangle up the votes and make it happen. You can have my proxy. Better yet go to an existing club and tell them you want to do pre 85 and pre 90 or pre 95. Call it SVMX (Semi Vintage MX) or AVBODBDNVEBTOGMX (although vintage by original definition but deemed not vintage enough by the old guys MX). I’ll sign up there too, you can have my proxy.

Earlier than pre 78 at the last Heaven round I attended over a year ago was a snooze. Watching three guys move around the track allowed me to catch up on the sleep I missed the night before.

Please tell me it’s gotten better since then and I suppose this argument will go away.

When you pre 75 dudes were all gung ho about reliving your childhood, things were great. Your now averaging – what 60? Probably not racing this weekend are you? Neither am I and I'm 40.

The guys who have shed of pre 78 and earlier bikes (you know who you are) aren’t parting with them anytime soon so the next gen will have to wait and buy them from your widow in the garage clean out. This limits the bikes available to a point.

Although I suspect that these Gen Y freaks will never leave their couch, so it may be another 15 years until there is a seller’s market.

Anyhoo – figure it out so I know what bike to buy (hoard) next? The suspense is killing me.

Oh and another thing - fix the pre 85 class to be pre 86 so that the first disc brake model from all manufacturer qualifies. There is no outlandish benefit to an 85 RM or YZ. Hate to say it but our K1W1 friends have this correct. I know, I know, it surprises even me.

Love,
ER

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Well said ER

ted

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
Please Let me know from the 100s of pre 2010 bike could have rode a Canberra..

(Please Note that all Members CAN RIDE A Pre 90 / pre 95 / pre 2020  Bike on the Practice Day ..this a sume think that is all way
  left out . Why ??)

and from the Numbers I noted.  Pre 2010 did Better than Pre 95  .so From the 100s of Members Busting to Ride there

pre 90 bike pre 2010 out number them 10 to 1  and I dont think I saw the pre 90 bike out on the track..???

##  And The ACT Canberra Track all way pull less Pre 75 / pre65 Bike   . Lets look at  the numbers of Pre 75 Bike a the CRC

and Canowindra..  and Can you go back the larst years EVO Challenge can give me the LOW numbers of Pre 85 Bike .

So Lets Just Piss OFF Vintage Motor Cross it would save a Lot of work ..

Because I am ONE VMXer how is going to do that..

Congratulations, you have won tonight's "Bunny with the Pancake" award.

I`m so proud of you Alistair for taking the piss out of my mate because he isn`t articulate enough for you.

Without this bloke there wouldn`t have been a race meeting in Canberra last weekend.He worked all week getting the track VMX friendly only to have the heavens open and turn it into a quagmire.Did he say F..K it...NO. He got some local Canberra mates together and kept working tirelessly all weekend to make it right for all Heaven members. He even turned up Sunday to race but left his bikes on the truck so as he could perform Clerk of the Course duties.

In his post he says he is going to walk away from VMX. If he does God help Heaven then.

suzuki43

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »

suzuki43

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »
Shoey - is that a picture of you????????  Please tell me you aren't a Richmond supporter?

???
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

suzuki43

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »

TT

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
Shoey - is that a picture of you????????  Please tell me you aren't a Richmond supporter?

???

What's wrong with Richmond??   ;D
We're from Tigerland.................  8) 

suzuki43

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 08:41:24 PM »

shoey

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »
Yeh Rossco

That is me and yes Im a Tigers supporter , Richmond and Sydney , have been most of  my life. Some one's got to support them.
Be pretty boring with out us , god forbid we were all Pies supports or something even more evil

Ted no one is bagging Dennis , we love him , and we know he's a champ because he's our mate.

TT

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
yes Im a Tigers supporter

I knew you had a certain 'class' about you, Shoey!  ;D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »
Sadly I support the Richmond Tigers too :-[ and more sad I am old enough to remember when they were the gun team...........
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

suzuki43

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

suzuki43

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »