Author Topic: More YZA for sale  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: More YZA for sale
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 12:28:06 pm »
THat barrel is kosher.  fitting a spacer to anything dont make it illegal as pre 70 guys fitted spacer ( neil keen for one)  its an A looking motor from the out side so its within the rules full stop.  YOU guys that are matching up 1980's ignitions, folowing year clutch actuators and so on, are a bit cheaky trying to doubt out out an internal port job on a motor, as its not bolt on power like a ign is, specillay if you going from points to  electronic.

I dont know why some guys in the US  use the 79 piston, it must be Real cheap, cause they sell mx 250 and so on piston and Wisecos for  $30 and the kits for $50 on ebay all the time.  I thnk they went down this path before the internet made parts easy to find.  The piston change has no real performane advantange if anything its a pain in the arse as it locks you into that piston, the only exception to that would be on the 360, but then again i used a cheap iron liner and a cheap MX 360 piston, peice of piss and looks correct from any outside angle and could have been done in the day.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:39:30 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff