Author Topic: Ruffy Vinduro 29 August 2010  (Read 5377 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Ruffy Vinduro 29 August 2010
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:36:28 pm »
The Police Motor Sports Club "and its enthusiastic members" are running a Vinduro on 29th of August.
Ruffy is inbetween Seymour and Euroa.

Entry forms and supp regs can be found here if your keen.

http://bikechatendurovinduro.com/index.php/topic,178.0.html

VICTORIA POLICE MOTOR SPORTS CLUB
Ruffy Rumble Vinduro Sunday 29th August 2010
1.   This event will be conducted under the auspices of the Victoria Police Motor Sports Club (VPMSC) and its enthusiastic members, Motorcycling Victoria Permit No………

2.   The event is for senior enduro bikes or trail converted motocross motorcycles manufacture before 1985.  All motorcycles must have a headlight, tail light and effective muffler.  Registration is not necessary.  The event is run entirely on private property.

3.   The event will be run on property consisting of undulating hills and valleys and creek sections with single track bush sections and rock gardens around the 30 minute loop.  The course is both interesting and challenging and will put both riders and motorcycles through a true test of endurance.  Riders who complete 6 laps will receive a medal.

4.   A special test will be conducted at the completion of each lap for the benefit of riders to compare their riding times but will not be included in official results.

5.   Riders will be assembled in a Parc ferme environment compound and must remain in that area between riding the course of the event.  There will be no riding on the property outside of the official ride loops and parc ferme area.  That means no second bikes or junior riders on mini bikes during the day.

6.   Riders will leave the parc ferme start area in block of 3 after a cold start.  We will use the flip card system to control the day  and keep riders on their minute and moving consistently throughout the day.  There will be suitable times to allow riders to complete the loop and special test before being call up for the next loop.

7.   The event will be clearly arrowed and bunted.  Any rider found outside of the designated ride area will be excluded from event recognition.  Riders will be given cards to record the number of loops ridden.

8.   Tears offs on goggles are not permitted.

9.   Entry Fee $60 (This includes MV Rec License and MV rider Levey)         $40 for MA License holders
Sign in- administration 9.00am   
   Riders Briefing   9.45 am
   Start Time      10.00am
   Finish Time      3.00pm  Medallions issued at 3.30pm

10.   The car parking and parc ferme area is relatively flat, however if you are able to come up in a 4WD you would be better off.

11.   The event is located at Ruffy.  Turn off Hume Freeway at Longwood, which is half way between Seymour and Euroa.  Turn into Tubbs Road on East side of Freeway and follow enduro signs approx 22 km to course allow 20 minutes.

12.   Camping is available on site the Saturday night before the event however no riding will take place until the event on Sunday.

13.   The ride promises to be a fun day of riding with a purpose to complete 6 laps of a tough course.  We have kept it simple and easy for riders to enjoy a day to remember.  The Victoria Police Motor Sports Club over the last 34 years have run the famous Blue Light Ride and have won the best event in Victorian enduro series many times, so come along and have some fun

14.   There will be a canteen on day, with drinks, and burgers available for purchase. 
   If you are camping Saturday night, please indicate whether or not you require a meal.  Meals will be available Saturday night for $10

Bacon and egg Breakfast will be available. Toilet on site

15.   Send Cheque or money order payable to Victoria Police Motor Sports Club:

Post Entries to: Ruffy Vinduro
          88 Bell St.
          Heidelberg
          Victoria 3081

For further information contact Dave or Col Robbins at Riders Edge Motorcycle shop on 03 94594222 or [email protected]
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

SAABCOMBI

Re: Ruffy Vinduro 29 August 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:09:57 pm »
 Sorry l won`t be here, l will be on holidays. have fun

EBT

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:24:23 pm »
Anyone keen to enter Ruffy Vinduro but has not got a entry form, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you entry form etc, etc straight out to you.

I have heard this new event on the Vinduro scene in Victoria is going to be a good one and me and the misses look forward to riding in it,,hope to see you there to.

Here is a rough map of were it will be held.

And a Google Map

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=ruffy%20victoria&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:33:08 pm by EBT »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »
Don't miss the Ruffy Rumble Vintage Enduro Victoria
The Victoria Police Motor Sports Club over the last 34 years has run the famous Blue Light Ride.

Unfortunately plans to continue the famous ride have been postponed due to Bush fires, logging and the DSE. However the club is still remaining active and promoting the sport by conducting a vintage enduro for bikes pre 1985. The event will be run on Sunday 29th August 2010 at Ruffy, in central Victoria.

Due to the popular emergence of older riders wishing to remain in the sport and caring for old bikes, the idea of this type of enduro is becoming popular. With a four leg series now being held in Victoria, this event at Ruffy, near Euroa on the Hume Highway, is an ideal location to attract both local and interstate riders.

The course will be run on private property consisting of undulating hills and valleys and a few rock gardens, logs, swampy creek sections, and grass track thrown in. Riders will be served up to complete 6 laps of the 30 minute course leaving in groups of 3 every minute just like the old days when Victoria conducted over 10 enduros for the year as part of the state series.

Bikes need to be trail orientated and quiet. Down pipes will definitely be a problem in the rock areas.

Organizer of the event Dave Robbins said, “We have marked out a great course to test the riders over a variety of terrain, everything you could want out of a track. This will test their skills and bikes and make it worth the journey and effort to get there.”

Camping is permitted at the site, and the whole weekend promises to be great fun with a challenging ride thrown in.

If you are interested in entering or are seeking more information you can contact Dave or Col at Riders Edge shop or contact [email protected] or ph 03 94594222. Or Peter Drakeford on emeal [email protected]
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:52:23 am »
The VIPER round at Seymour that would have been on the same day as this has been cancelled. VIPER riders should seek consolation by grabbing a pre 85 trail/enduro bike and riding at Ruffy.

Don't waste that "leave pass" that you organised with the wife!  ;)

Tex

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »
This was another great event (but I always say that don't I?).  :D

Seriously though, it was a well run event on a well marked course. The track itself was tricky but not impossible. Thanks to all involved who made it such a good day!

Tex

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »
Theres some good photos on www.endurobiketalk.com
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 10:04:19 pm »
I burnt some midnight oil on the Sat. night trying to finish a pipe for the KDX and finally after a couple of thousand pipes and a twenty year wait I finally got around to having a GMC pipe for myself.
I went to start it around 11.30 to see what it sounded like only to find the choke had seized shut. It seems some corrosion had set in after Harrow so I had to pull the carby off to try and free it up, finally getting into bed around 1.00 am. Yep, just like the good old days.

I was a bit apprehensive about this event with the amount of rain we have had here in the last few weeks but my fears were groundless.
It was a beautiful day setting out for Ruffy and we were treated to another well run hassle free ride. The track was just moist enough for good traction most of the way, although slippery in a few places and the occasional bog holes.
It was a good challenging track made up of mostly single track twisting through varied terrain of rocks, small gullys, boulders, tight tress, rocks, mud holes, boulders, flat paddocks and rocks.
I tip toed around some of the bog holes to start with but then I got a bit gung-ho and charged through them. A couple of times I chose my lines poorly and found the bike nearly swallowed by some of the ruts that formed.

Congratulations to the Police Motor Sports club, the land owner, Riders Edge (Bell Street) and the many workers that made this event happen.
Looking forward to next year already.

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:55 pm »
..............and I have to say your pipe sounded sweet! For such a pissy muffler it was a pleasant surprise.
Now, don't mention my slack prep on the Monty and the Maico-breako rear hub!

TT

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:24 pm »
I'll second that one. GMC's pipe/silencer sounded nice indeed.
Funny how dozens of bikes go past and you only notice the one that sounds nice and crisp and not too loud.
Actually Drakie, I thought your Montesa was nice and quiet too.
I hope the pipes that GMC is building for us sound just as nice...............  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 07:23:00 pm »
Yes bloody GMC. I go to the trouble to build a bike all the hours days months years and  put a GMC pipe on it and every body that looks at your pride and joy say's I love the pipe  ???  :-[   ;D  jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:34:54 am »
Nice summary of the event GMC.

A few dodgy photos of this event can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94704762@N00/sets/72157624727755587/

Tex

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 12:18:18 pm »
Yes bloody GMC. I go to the trouble to build a bike all the hours days months years and  put a GMC pipe on it and every body that looks at your pride and joy say's I love the pipe  ???  :-[   ;D  jimson

;D ;D ;D

Ah yes but the pipe on it's own wouldn't mean much.
It needs to be enhanced by your fine work to be noticed

I hope the pipes that GMC is building for us sound just as nice...............  ;D ;D ;D

Ha, last I heard Drakie may be selling his Mont. :o ::)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 12:20:15 pm »
Nice summary of the event GMC.

Thanks Tex.
You always seem to be lurking around the same events as me, we really should meet some day.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 12:23:59 pm »
we really should meet some day.

Ha yes. We sort of did on Sunday (well I recognised the KDX as you blasted past me!)  :D

Tex