Author Topic: WHO WON TRANS TASMAN RUGBY?  (Read 5953 times)

firko

Re: WHO WON TRANS TASMAN RUGBY?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 07:32:20 am »
Oh well guys theres always next year!
Yep World Cup year. Do the terms "peaking a year early" and "choke" sound uncomfortably familiar ;D?
The All Black old fellas are going to be a year older and 5 yards slower too. A year ago Carter would have run down Kurtley Beal but now he can't get within a metre of him. Next year.....even further.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 08:10:04 am »
It's becoming a familliar pattern here Mark.....9 loses in a row.....9 years without the Bledisloe cup....6 years without the State of Oirigin.....time you moved to QLD Mark....suns shining today.....again....23 degrees....it's a hard life.....your not to old to learn new tricks...."Gold Coast Firko"...has a ring about it doesnt it?. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

suzuki43

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 10:20:03 am »
Empirical evidence would place your prediction correct Firko,however given its here in Sheep Country,and the momentum we are building, I think a small wager is in order.How about a bottle of Central Otago Pinot Noir on the AB's  winning the RWC  next year???

firko

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 11:54:25 am »
Empirical evidence would place your prediction correct Firko,however given its here in Sheep Country,and the momentum we are building, I think a small wager is in order.How about a bottle of Central Otago Pinot Noir on the AB's  winning the RWC  next year??
Done, you've got a bet my friend, as long as we both share it with some lovely King Island cheese ;D.
I have a strong feeling in my gizzards that the 'Baby Wallabies' are slowly growing into maturity. Remember that at the moment we're running with the third string hooker third and fourth string props, second string scrum half, and that three of our regular backs (Turner, Burgess and Cross) are absent doing the Sevens Series to qualify for the Commonwealth Games. The average age of the Wallabies is 23 while the average age of the All Blacks is 29. The old fart Springboks average out at 31. The Wallabies have used different combinations in nearly every test this year, trying out the youngsters in different positions. They're using players who haven't even started a Super 14 game yet, adding to the depth of test experienced players. There is only one starting lineup player from the last World Cup, Nathan Sharpe and one bench player,Rocky Elsom. The rest have all evolved since then.
On the other side of the Tasman we see a mass of the same old faces, four years later. Sure they're playing great Rugby but the age factor has to kick in at some stage. It did with our former Wallabies and is kicking in with the Springboks right now. Great player and hard worker that he is, how much longer can 'Aussie Brad' Thorn run around for? Surely NZ can find a younger lock than a 35 year old? Watching 28 year old Daniel Carter fail to catch 20 year Kurtley Beal was a telling sign.
A year or two ago, he would have run him down and flattened him. ...........How do you say "choke" with a Kiwi accent? ::)
t's becoming a familliar pattern here Mark.....9 loses in a row.....9 years without the Bledisloe cup....6 years without the State of Oirigin.....time you moved to QLD Mark....suns shining today.....again....23 degrees....it's a hard life.....your not to old to learn new tricks...."Gold Coast Firko"...has a ring about it doesnt it?.
At the risk of starting yet another political shitstorm, the Queensland Thought Police would have to drag me out of my bed in the still of the night, handcuff me, throw a bag over my head and transport me over the Queensland border in the boot of a beige Camry to get me to set up digs in the state that gave Australia such laughable clowns as Joh and Flo Bjelke Petersen, Pauline Hansen, Russ Hinze and Steve Irwin. I'd never be able to sleep at night knowing I was surrounded by people who voted for and praise Joh and Pauline. Sure we're pretty hopeless at State of Origin Rugby League but that same sun that's shining over Queensland as we speak is shining in my face as I type this, and I'm pretty happy here in my humble hacienda in the golden west, surrounded by 'my people'. Queensland is a great holiday destination but so is Fiji and who'd want to actually live there? ::)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:56:28 am by firko »

suzuki43

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 12:14:07 pm »
We are on Firko-good luck.
I really admire your optimism re the current Wobblie team mate.Its one of the many things I enjoy about Australia(ns),your never say die attitude.At the end of the day time will tell re next years RWC,I will just savour the retention of the ultimate rugby trophy-the Bledisloe! ;)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 01:04:55 pm »
Was watching the World Championship of Indoor Lawn Bowls instead :)
We won that. ::)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 05:48:17 pm »
Firko Brad Thorn just filling in for injured Ali Williams or Anthony Borich or the Crusaders lock
Im afraid Auzie is doomed untill you and Bernie Ellis take over the coaching job from Dingo deans who seems to have lost his sense of Humour and looks as sour as Rocky  your captain.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Curly3

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 05:49:51 pm »
In all honesty, who cares.
It still looks like an amatuer sport with no flow.
Too many basic mistakes.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 09:38:30 pm »
That's not nice to say that about Flo Firko.....she was 90 years old today....shame, shame, shame....
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

firko

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 10:07:00 pm »
Im afraid Auzie is doomed untill you and Bernie Ellis take over the coaching job
We've actually presented our resumes to the ARU and are awaiting a decision. I think Rocky's sour because he's been told that the Wallaby captaincy for the World Cup is going to David Pocock. Dingo Deans is sour because...
In the meantime next month we'll be assisting with the International Golden Oldies campaign of two of my old teams , Belmont Shore and the Huntington Beach Unicorns. I've been appointed tour guide and pub liason officer for both teams while they're in Sydney. Mr Ellis will assist.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 08:11:22 am »
And Firko,
Getting rid of those really 'gay' aussie jerseys would help…  >:(
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 09:37:49 am »
Firko , whats wrong with Pauline ?
Walter, it's a beautiful Monday morning, the sun is shining bright and I'm feeling pretty good so I'm going for a drive up to the mountains in the Jag with the sunroof open and some Dave Brubeck on the stereo. That's a far better option than sitting in front of a computer arguing the toss over the pros and cons of Pauline Hanson. Sorry mate, no bites today. ;D

suzuki43

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 11:12:27 am »
Goodness me Firko,your jaunt today sounds a bit Thelma and Louise like.
I trust Bernie isnt riding shotgun.....
Ahh happiness is reading the Aussie media reports hammering the poor little Wobblies...how sad, sniff sniff.

Those of us who lived in Australia with long memories remember the golden run when Eales and Co were playing (1998-2003) and the absolute shit load of abuse we copped (generally from the uneducated Mungo fans who would climb on the band wagon every year) when we ventured out to Homebush to watch some last minute act of play deny the AB's the cup (i.e. Matt Burke last minute penalty,Totai Kefu's try).
So I am afraid I will not spare any sympathy for the Wobblies and their fan base.That bitter train ride back from Homebush during that period,whilst being paid out by Moree sheep farmers and no teeth Mungo fans has left its mark,and hence my unreserved joy, whenever the Wobblies/Tahs get a good old touch up from we sheep herders.On that note, I will pop another champagne cork ;)

firko

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 03:49:28 pm »
Goodness me Firko,your jaunt today sounds a bit Thelma and Louise like.
I trust Bernie isnt riding shotgun.....
Not Likely, he's got this phobia about my Jag shitting itself in some far away place so he won't go any further than the pub in it. No my trip up the hill was solo and great. Damn I like that car on days like today on roads like todays. ;D

I had a similar experience to your public transport humiliation back when South Africa was playing their first one day international against Australia after years in the wilderness. I was invited to the Sydney Cricket Ground to watch in the Casio private box by an old South African mate who had once worked for me in the USA but now ran Casio Australia. Lots of Lion beer, Cape wines, specially flown in lobster and South African fried thingy's were consumed and everyone got happily pissed watching the cricket.....All went well until South Africa unexpectedly won. I then discovered that I was the only Aussie in the box and for the next hour I was the recipient of the same drunken crap the Mungos threw at you on the train. I've never forgotten that night and right up to this day every time Australia beats the bastards at anything I call my Yappie friends and hurl abuse down the phone at them. It's only a little thing but it makes me feel good.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »
At the risk of starting yet another political shitstorm, the Queensland Thought Police would have to drag me out of my bed in the still of the night, handcuff me, throw a bag over my head and transport me over the Queensland border in the boot of a beige Camry to get me to set up digs in the state that gave Australia such laughable clowns as Joh and Flo Bjelke Petersen, Pauline Hansen, Russ Hinze and Steve Irwin. I'd never be able to sleep at night knowing I was surrounded by people who voted for and praise Joh and Pauline. Sure we're pretty hopeless at State of Origin Rugby League but that same sun that's shining over Queensland as we speak is shining in my face as I type this, and I'm pretty happy here in my humble hacienda in the golden west, surrounded by 'my people'. Queensland is a great holiday destination but so is Fiji and who'd want to actually live there? ::)

You forgot to mention KKKevin and Waynnne Firko. :)

85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.