Author Topic: Re living my youth  (Read 1590 times)

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re living my youth
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:46:19 PM »
Hi everyone,have just joined forum, I am 45 and have been riding bikes from about 12, owning a RM80B, CR125M1, YZ125E, KX250 75, started with road bikes at 17 with a kwaka Z250 A , yamaha XS650C, then my 850 norton commando, that I still own today, have been actively involved in dirt track here in canberra, since my oldest son joined the ACT mini bike club in 1989, my younger son started riding at the mini bike club on a peewee in 94, and now my daughter is riding her peewee at the ACTMCC Dirt Track, and myself being the current dirt track secretary,
 now our dirt track has reopened I will be regularly reliving my youth tearing around on my 74 CR125M, that I bought recently from bigk and hopefully soon my 77 CR125M3 mugen that I have been restoring for the last 18 months, hope to see and meet you guys out at fairburn park,
ACTMCC dirt track will be running a practice day this sunday 6th january from 9.30 am, be great to see some classics down here

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Re living my youth
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
Good to see you on the forum Pat. A practice day on Sunday? Excellent... I just put some new rings in the TM and need to bed them in and see if the thing goes any better than it did at Wagga so I might come on out for a while.

Maico31

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »
Just a question elsie, where did you get the Mugen 125? They are rare as...

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:32:49 PM »
Good day maico, I brought my 77 model elsinore 125 about 3 years ago, and since then I have been accumulating parts from the states,I advertised for a mugen kit on the honda elsinore swap site, after a couple of months,I got a reply from a bloke in england saying he had a head, barrell,pipe, cylinder needed  a renicasil, for a thousand pound, he sent it over and since I had cylinder renicasiled, and now engine ready to go back together, have just had a 81-84 conrod fitted to the crank, so now motor is ready to reassemble, and I am looking forward to getting her out onto our actmcc dirt track

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »
thanks Graeme, I am regulary on the vmx site here, and today I finally registered, great website and awesome forum!! Hope 2 see you out at the dirt track on sunday, I am really keen on building up the dirt track in the ACT, and running some good events this year, be good 2 see the classics back out at the ACTMCC!!!