Author Topic: VMX riders other rides  (Read 14438 times)

TT

Re: VMX riders other rides
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2010, 10:22:19 pm »
Ok, here's my latest 'old man car'.  :D

It cost bugger all and has done a few good trips lately. e.g. 20 hours driving to Ruffy and back in 2 days and I felt great at the end of it.  8)
It tows the caravan with ease and being mid 70's, it is period correct for most of my bikes. 
Not bad for 650 bucks!!!  ;D

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2010, 10:33:07 pm »
Dad and I are doing up a 1977 xc coupe factory 351 with a 4 speed and all the options sunroof etc etc, our work ute had the brake pads changed this morning one had just started to show metal no surprise after two massive lock ups.
1971 tm400 and PE's

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2010, 09:34:00 pm »
forget about the car, they didn`t build them like that in my day.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 06:39:39 pm »
Have a pigeon pair of these

The wife goes shopping in one of these.

And I haul bikes in one of these.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »
what has happen to the rolls royce driver :P

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 07:10:17 pm »
mm the old xt what motor and trans?
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2010, 07:49:36 am »
351 cleveland, borg warner auto, four wheel disc brakes and XF power steering.  The one in the pic is not mine but looks a bit like it.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2010, 08:26:14 am »
An old mate of mines old man had a Buick Riviera exactly the same as yours. Did you buy that from a guy called Sven? He was about 5ft tall in the old money. As a matter of fact, I think the doors were longer than he was tall. Christ they are a huge car
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2010, 01:23:17 pm »
No I bought mine from A bloke called Tom in Rockhampton and the other one from a copper in S.A.  The cars in the pictures aren't mine.  I just found some pics of my models on the web because I actually don't really have to many pictures of my cars.

Offline PE MAN

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 12:21:58 pm »
hope these images work. there are a few. i havnt had the heart to sell any car i have owned. i kinda fall in love with them.

this was my first baby girl. she is vf vip v8. all i have done since buying it from the original owner is add a lsd.

2nd i bought this as a run about. being a 82 model an one of the first turbos she needed rebuilding not to long after. sitting at traffic lights with a could of smoke around you wasnt too good.

this is my money making machine. god i love her. even though there are alot of imperfections. its the imperfections that make her perfect. she is a rare e57 wagon (genuine 360) had to do the heads up on her after blowing a gasket. had a few goodies in the shed waiting to be put into something. she doesnt hold back against ss utes.

bought my dream car 2 years ago now. could not leave her there when i saw her. even though it completely cleaned me out. she is a genuine e55. limited edition run of 340 powered chargers.
1980 SUZUKI RM50
1980 SUZUKI PE400

monaro308

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 04:26:56 pm »
what has happen to the rolls royce driver :P

Umm   ;) apparently the body had more rust holes than i thought and i decide to delete...sorry "sell" it to a Brazilian that was interested in Fishie...sorry Fisher bodyworks vehicles ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:29:14 pm by monaro308 »

monaro308

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 04:41:22 pm »
Great collection PE MAN ...top cars you got there!
My first car was a white VE sedan 225 slant 6 with the t/flite.
My old man had a VF regal coupe with the 340 fireball and t/flite....
I have a soft spot for them and a love hate with Fords....deep down i like them all.

Offline PE MAN

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 04:49:54 pm »
cheers monaro308. yea my first val was a vfx. an original hemi 245. last half a dozen made came with the new motor for the new model year. no pics of that one on my comp. yea deep down i like them all too. but i wont tell most of the holden owners out there, so your a lucky one... hahaha. had them all growing up. 351s, 308s, 304s... still a couple of 304s in the family.
1980 SUZUKI RM50
1980 SUZUKI PE400

DR

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 06:40:02 pm »
yup, love the old Valries 8) my eldest bro had a beautiful stock as a rock mustard coloured '71 2 door VG with the 245. Used to love driving that car but sadly he moved it on for much the same as he paid..about $1000 :( where's that bloody foresight when you need it! ::) I had the Goss Special 2 XB also but again I lacked a whole shitload of foresight and sold it off :(...actually swapped it for some quality GM bits which I may have previously mentioned :P so now I'm left with this old girl..owned it for what must be near 30 years. This will be the 3rd and last time I rebuild it though still undecided to go grey or red. I'm thinking grey as I have some nice accessories for those ;)

I'm sure I've posted this pic on the forum somewhere before but I may as well post again, me ( the short arse) and my bro on his wedding day..early 90's

monaro308

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 07:02:34 pm »
Does it still look like that Doc? ----->NICE
My mate has a very warm 202 in his FX ute.
It must feel good to have something thats lasted 30 odd years and appreciated in value.
I just enjoy driving my HQ and HJ coupes because of all the silly noises and simplicity,plus i get a big head when i get the "thumbs up" from people when taking them out  ;D