Author Topic: what do you think  (Read 8780 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Re: what do you think
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 07:37:01 pm »
Chad is real good but there was a guy called Watts who raced enduro,s in US. Was real real good . :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

suzuki43

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 08:26:16 pm »
Just got back from Mxtrax ahhh great to wind up that Pommy git!!
I must start taking my meds again,I am getting angry in my old age (40's) shit imagine how testy I will be when I hit fifty like you Sir Bradalot, SEQ Hobbit and CMD!!!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »
        POME= prisoner of mother England.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 08:35:33 pm »
Just got back from Mxtrax ahhh great to wind up that Pommy git!!
I must start taking my meds again,I am getting angry in my old age (40's) shit imagine how testy I will be when I hit fifty like you Sir Bradalot, SEQ Hobbit and CMD!!!

Shit I didn't realise you were that young. Must be the lack of hair. Or the bloated guts. Or the ramblings of red coloured lemons. You poor thing.

Oh and be careful or I will shrink wrap your favourite ride. No, your bike you dill!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:37:59 pm by 090 »

suzuki43

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 08:50:26 pm »
Welcome Back Lady Bradlot,I thought you'd got lost in that CZ timewarp :-*
yes age has wearied me,but hey looking at your man boobies on the CZ I think you should probably stay silent.
Ah screw this, abusing you is old hat,back to mxtrax for some sport.
 ;D

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 08:53:12 pm »
I concur!

suzuki43

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 09:19:31 pm »
OOPs Dont mention the shrinkwrap!!!!!!

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »
Fun thread.

Let's see how they react to my post....

One thing that struck me two days ago, I was watching the US National series on the TV.  The top few positions were mostly filled by Aussies and Kiwis.  How good is that?

Geoff Eldridge would have been so proud, and so am I.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 10:57:08 pm »
I concur!

jolly good show, old chap!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

suzuki43

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2010, 05:12:13 am »
I Love winding that Pommie git up!
But he is clearly lacking a few sandwiches from the old picnic hamper....

mx250

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 10:18:30 am »
I've read through the MXTRAX thread and was considering to join in or not ::). What amazes me, and which I would like to question, is why do GB based Poms take such exceptions to the word 'Pom'. I have never used it as an insult and never heard any one use it as such. In fact quite the opposite, it is used as a term of endearment, familiarity and even affection. How many Pommy Petes are there, Pommy Rob, Pommy Mate or just plain old Pom. I've even known a few Pommies call "Ya Pommy dickhead' or ' ya pommy bastard' with affection.

I have also noted with amusement that there has been a fairly construed and concerted recent effort to label us as 'convicts' - and that is intended as an insult. Of course it has no effect - 50% of Aussies with names like Kilwolski or Nu look back at them blankly with a 'what the fork are you on about' look on their face. Whereas Anglo-Irish ratbags like my self with convict blood look back at them thinking 'yes, yes, yes, thank you, thank you, thank you for sending my forebearers away from dank cold stodgy claustrophobic England to the wide open sunny climes of Oz'.

I think the two issues of the thread are linked - the Poms willingness to take exception to Reedy and to take exception to being called Poms. As Lozza points out the same juvenile chauvinism can be seen in their attitude towards Casey. Casey has won races, set lap records and still get booed by Pommy crowds and scathingly attacked in the Pommy media for the slightest misdemeanor, perceived or real.   

I think it might be their own frustration with lack of success that bubbles over as indignity at being called Poms.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 12:43:46 pm »
I really feel for poor Kosy now  ::)   
He's dug himself a big hole and cant get out- even his own forum members are giving him dictionary lessons  :-\

My dad spent 45 years shearing sheep as a Pom in Oz and loved everyday on the boards-with great Aussie mates and the sheep. :)
They couldn't quiet work out why he talked to the sheep while shearing them and then realized days later never had to stitch one either.
They gave him stick about sheep talking ,but he gave it back.
He was fair as where the Aussies-Dad was always there to teach the young shed hands.Great memories of days in the sheds on school holidays.  8)
RIP Ron the Pom
Best is in the West !!