Author Topic: Contributions to offset cost of OZVMX to Graeme  (Read 7421 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Contributions to offset cost of OZVMX to Graeme
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 03:00:37 pm »
Graham was going to hunt you down while acrooss the ditch for c/d and forgot will look for your pay pal option and send you some beer money for the cause,thanks again Mike
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 02:23:57 pm »
Graham have sent monet to your paypal-thanks again
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 10:45:08 pm »

The Ning site is going to cost from July 20, up till now it's been free. With the charges, we get a lot more disk space and some other neat features, so I'll buy the premium package. That's $500. This forum costs $250 per year. All up that's $750. As the Ning needs to be paid for soon, I put out a call for donations recently - thanks so much to those who've contributed. As Firko says I do it for the love of the sport and I sure don't expect you to have to contribute to use the site. But if you can spare a few dollars, it all helps. In this latest call for help I've received $375, which is just great. There is no 'right' amount. If you can spare $5 or $50, it's all good.
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 10:58:10 pm »
Funny you reminded me , forgot already that that Ning  site existed .

Yep! best sister site around,with truck loads of eye candy  :P  8)
http://ausvmx.ning.com/
Best is in the West !!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »
Well, thanks to all who've sent a little my way, I have now upgraded the site. As for forgetting the Ning site, Walter, you may get no choice soon. I am thinking I will have to close the old forum and open a new one on the Ning site. Better for me by far and not too much different for you. I will probably keep the old one as a sort of archive cos there's lots of info there. But integrating it all means much easier administration for me, so that's a change likely quite soon...

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 09:40:13 am »
Hey Graeme

Price of a couple of bottles of plonk coming your way  ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 11:00:32 am »
Well, thanks to all who've sent a little my way, I have now upgraded the site. As for forgetting the Ning site, Walter, you may get no choice soon. I am thinking I will have to close the old forum and open a new one on the Ning site. Better for me by far and not too much different for you. I will probably keep the old one as a sort of archive cos there's lots of info there. But integrating it all means much easier administration for me, so that's a change likely quite soon...

Are your plans to have the new forum in the same format style as this one Graeme ?
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 02:54:42 pm »
Wouldn't it be nice if Graeme M returned home from his week away and found a little extra in the kitty for the ozvmx foum  8)

http://ausvmx.ning.com/
Donations can be made at the left hand side (top) of the home page.  :P
cheers
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 05:14:39 pm »
I propose a user pay system .
One  post -one Dollar    for the first 30 days , and if you feel , your post is so important,you can have it imortialised after 30 days for an extra $5. No refund for posts deleted after 60 minutes . Edits 50 cents .
Since the majority of forum users are also regular E-buyers , Paypal can be fully utelised . Maybe Jock can hook that up for us ?
How good would that be for Graeme . Lets get started .

Any thoughts ?
ALISON owes $4689, Freaky owes $3800, Doc owes $1482, I owe $3715 :o.

Fark, how far is Graeme going for his hols.  ;) :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 05:39:26 pm »
A few other sites have levels of contributions like 'lifetime member' 'yearly site contributor' and plain old 'member' A good way to get punters to pony up is to make it so you hav to be at least a yearly contributor until you can access or use the classifieds.

Which reminds me...............
Jesus only loves two strokes

Curly3

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 09:10:23 pm »
The only problem with that Walter is,
what happens when people remove a post? :D ;D :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:44:21 pm by Curly3 »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 08:54:51 am »
What about running a poll with every post so we can all judge a post by its merits.
If you contribute something of value to the general VMX society then there is no charge.
How ever if your post is just a load of absolute dribble that turns out be a waste of everyone’s download quota then you have to pay $ 0.50

That way the whole shebang can be funded by a small minority and Graeme could retire before long.

So then, where do I pay my 50c
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 09:30:31 am »
Thanks for the thoughts, but I don't think we need to go that far. Might be even harder for me to manage! :)

No, the cost is not a big issue. The donations to date have paid for the upgrade, and the next cost will be renewing the account for this forum in January. And the extra donations received this past week will go a long way towards that as well.

The forum closure is more related to effort. This one takes a lot of time and I'd hoped by going to the other one it's make things easier, but that doesn't look to be the case. So I will look into upgrading this one when I get back from lholidays.

And thanks again for everyone's donations, it's been great. Very much appreciated.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 09:32:24 am »
Just noticed Geoff's post. Retirement eh? Hmmm... unlimited time to go ridin'?

Forget what I said above, get those donations in NOW! Our operators are standing by.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 12:36:59 pm »
I just flicked in a few dollars, but its doesnt tell you who you are, so you cant do the same as marks where you get a little supporters avatar thingy.  maybe that another options ?

and another thing i like on there site is the here you can buy this peice of crap for a donation to the swap meet..... 
Based on that we could list the stuff we have no use for, but  is maybe mentally too useful to throw out.... 

Based on that alone every time NAthan posts a free to good home part you could run the site for a year on the crap he offers up  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:43:22 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff