Author Topic: I'm new too  (Read 845 times)

jack7

I'm new too
« on: June 18, 2010, 02:26:39 am »
G'day,  I've had  a bit of a look around the site tonight and last night and its pretty informative. I've got a pretty long list of bikes I've bought and sold and a long history of riding and a bit of comp in most disciplines from '74 to I think my last Enduro was 1999. I've always ridden something and I've built up a few bikes mostly for myself.  I worked in the industry from the late 70s to mid 1980s in Brizvegas and a little in WA.
nice to be aboard.

I'm mainly here to seek out parts and info to restore  and maaybe eventually sell my ktm 175 and maybe,maybe my Montesa Cota.  The Kato is a 1972 not many of these in Oz and of course this was the first KTM with a KTM motor. Penton version was the much loved "Jackpiner". I've had this for some years but the resto stalled just as it got started due to some illness  and other hiccups.  Anyhow I've just gotten to take the cover off the blue beasty again and am making a restart.  Both bikes are pretty much all there, original everything and very low hours. Thus they are both pretty easy restos. 
With a bit of help I've been able to find where I can get most parts I need.  But! the rear exhaust section was cut away- the ugly stove pipe bit with the dodgy 2 hole exit.  That end cap and internals and even the correct heat shield can be had as repro parts but the outer pipe now thats a problem so if anyone can provide enlightenment as to how to come by one or actual dimensions to remake one I'd be obliged.
The montesa is a 1974/5 Ulf Karlson replica with the wide red stripe along the seat tank unit and slimmed down cases.
I've got a couple of modern bikes  and while their bloddy good, their not likely to be keepers.
Anyhow thats the intro so I'll look in soon its pretty quiet here at the moment.
Bueno noche

mx250

Re: I'm new too
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 07:42:42 am »

Anyhow thats the intro so I'll look in soon its pretty quiet here at the moment.
Bueno noche

"Today at 02:26:39 AM" ::) What, ya bored at work are ya? ;D.

Welcome aboard. The Kattie sound a great resto, good luck. I look forward to seeing it some day. 8)