Author Topic: Watch out for the tumbleweeds!  (Read 4229 times)

SAABCOMBI

Re: Watch out for the tumbleweeds!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 10:23:41 pm »
There is no mobile coverage, last year l had none.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 10:46:41 pm »
There is with a decent phone/network. I made me suddenly very popular at CD6/ the 09 Nationals. :D

Don't ask me who has a decent phone and network though....
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 11:14:50 pm »
Doh...... if they call tell em to phone home or at least get a message to Mike
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mainline

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 12:39:54 am »
Don't worry, we're all having a terrible time. Track(s) are awesome, as are the Margueritas

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 08:47:44 am »
Wonder if Ji and Firko have made up? Jerry

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:07 am »
Now is a good time for the ebay bargains because all the bidders are away from the computer.

Popped into CD7 yesterday for a look around. Couldn't go last year as I got sick as a dog.  This year the forces were against me as well, with work issues and the hot water system at home carking it.  But went anyway, picking a new hot water system on the way.

Big turnout, lots of bikes.  Never seen so many YZ490's despite what Super Hunky says about them.  The legends interview and race was good.  Dave Armstrong hunted down Anthony Gunter and got past him and then tried to have a run with Gally. Gave him a head start but got caught behind Laurie Aldterton and then just started losing ground to him.  Geoff Ballard was running hot on a loaner Maico but broke down. Not that there was any racing it was just a fun ride.

Those blokes are still very quick.  I've ridden moderns with Armstrong and he's left me standing still.

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 05:26:24 pm »
For all you poor buggers that did not make CD7, it was another unreal weekend, unreal weather (during the day) and unreal people.

I have just uploaded some snaps of some of the boys on the ning site.

Stop Press: Gally, Dave Armstrong and Andrew Bailey were having a bit of a go in the last Legends ride. Gally almost jumped the table top that leads to the step up on the other side adacent "Drunks" (I'm sure it has a name but I dont know what it is called) got all outa shape resulting in a big high speed get off, luckily he got himself back together after a minute or so and continued  for a couple more laps.. Dammed impressive, I would of busted something for sure..

Will have to call him "nobody" from now on... because nobody's perfect.. although he is pretty close... ;)

Cheers
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"