Poll

The pre-78 Nationals should be included with...

the pre-75 Nationals.
78 (78%)
the Evo and newer Nationals.
14 (14%)
where-ever - I don't care.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Nationals split: pre-75 or pre-78?  (Read 49768 times)

Offline bert

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Nationals split: pre-75 or pre-78?
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2010, 07:23:24 pm »
I think most of the pro pre'78 people are missing the point of the discussion in regards to the pre'75 club in WA. The suggestions made on what we do and have done over the past 15 years has proven what can be done to foster this class. The ideas have been presented to try and show who it can be done. All the other states have doen it differently. Fair enough,. But look at the consequences now. Not a hell of a lot of vision there - oh, except for predicting the demise of pre'75 and hailing pre'90 and those that "relate to it" as the saviours of "our sport". Give me a break. If another person gets on here and makes this prediction, who is not currently on the committee of a club promoting Vintage MX, I'll spew over my keyboard.

This cut-off is purely to do with suspension - nothing else. Track damage allegations aside, the idea is to have all of the bikes complying with the simple 7 and 4 rule (including sidecars) - real vintage MX. Everyone is competing on an equal suspension basis. And, like it or lump it, this is what you will have to ride in this club. Young or old you are riding machines of the same supension travel.

If the club proposed to bring in the pre'78 class to race, what do you think most people would go out and source - that's right, a pre'78 bike. Why? - cause they are just more plush to ride. Simple. The pre'75 bikes would be ridden less for the easier to ride pre '78 machines. This is what the WA pre'85 club has being set-up to cater for - the longer travel machines. People can belong to both clubs and enjoy the benefits of both eras in the one state - perfect.

This argument for the suspension cut-off from the VMXWA club was based upon some very sound thinking on the part of the foundation members and continues with the current membership. If this same thinking was used in other parts of the country, I doubt we would be having this discussion. It is not the members of the VMXWA club who have been shortsighted...

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2010, 08:21:13 pm »
Bert, my club the classic scramble club is pre 75 only club, in the early stages of setting up our club in the begining it was going to be pre70, pre 65, pre60 club, but the three of us thought it would be best to stick with pre 75. l realise what you are on about and yes you are right it is about 7 inch and 4 inch, if a club wants to adopt pre 78 that is their choice, what l am only pushing for is pre 78 to be part of the pre 78 national level meeting in other words the Australian vintage titles. then club like pre 85 clubs and viper can adopt them on normal club level meeting. The classic scramble club will not run pre78 classes at our meetings.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2010, 08:28:44 pm »
I would call the pre 75. Australia vintage titles and for the other l would call it Australian evolution titles.

Mayby we should be adopting pre 77 and look after 76 and 75 model machines only. and the pre 80 will accommendate down to 77 model machine. why this idea is because the 75 to 76 bikes like falta cz and kawasaki kx mk8 bultaco, honda cr are closer to a 74 model bike than a 77-78 model are.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:39:28 pm by DAVID#46 »

211kawasaki

« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2010, 08:37:23 pm »
Guys,

you missed my thinly vailed dig at MNSW in lieu of continued banter over the ins and outs of a ducks bum.

Im dissapointed!  :)

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2010, 08:41:24 pm »
Dave, please speak english, not gobble de gook.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2010, 08:53:49 pm »
or for that matter why MNSW didnt like us calling it EVO and insisted we change the rules to better reflect Evolution rather than denigrate the class by association with Evil  It took 2 days of hard work so take a look.

When I read that, I did wonder you would care enough to change the name from EVO. 
Dave can I ask why did you agree to change the name?
Cheers
Noel     
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2010, 09:28:48 pm »
I did`t change anything, its a name that expresses all models in that era. because  EVOLUTION marks the start of the new era in motorcross.
Pre75 was the end  of an era from 1975 to 1990 was the start. So l feel that Australian Evolution Titles would be appropriate title name for that period.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:34:57 pm by DAVID#46 »

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2010, 09:31:27 pm »
Not you dave, I meant dave T :D
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2010, 09:35:31 pm »
l see, cheers

MA

« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2010, 09:51:09 pm »
This forum should not be used By Dave Tanner or any other commissioner to aid their decision on the split. It should be by submissions from state controlling bodies representing their licence holders.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2010, 09:56:15 pm »
Must be another West Aussie.....free country buddy and free speech goes along with that.....now go back to your terroist mates!!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

firko

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2010, 10:58:47 pm »
Jeez it's great to see some good old fashioned angst back in the old debate. It was becoming a bit sweet for my liking. And now gods become involved, and here was silly old me thinking he didn't exist. :o
This forum should not be used By Dave Tanner or any other commissioner to aid their decision on the split. It should be by submissions from state controlling bodies representing their licence holders.
What a crock of shit.
I think most of the pro pre'78 people are missing the point of the discussion in regards to the pre'75 club in WA
Bertie, at the risk of repeating myself, we all love what you've done in WA, everybody likes you. Really.
However, the discussion at hand is about the split for the Nationals, not the club charter for WAVMX. You guys keep talking about your own situation and how pure it is when the real issue is the Nationals split and has very little, if anything to do with what you do within WAVMX.
you missed my thinly vailed dig at MNSW in lieu of continued banter over the ins and outs of a ducks bum.

It didn't go through to the keeper Dave, it's just easier to have a light hearted debate on the  pros and cons of pre '78 than to even acknowledge the lunatic facists of MANSW and their weird perspectives on the sport. Mixing Evo with Evil is ludicrous to most but just another bit of the usual weirdness to those who know what's going on there. This pre '78 stuff is little potatoes compared to the shit oozing from that evil orifice.......that do ya Dave? ;D

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2010, 11:06:02 pm »
Their are to many daves in this bed l need to get out,which dave are you referring too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:08:08 pm by DAVID#46 »

firko

« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2010, 11:15:52 pm »
Jeez Dave....the DaveT who made the MANSW reference I was answering. ???

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2010, 11:21:59 pm »
gee  mark, thats good l will get back into bed.