Author Topic: EVO class  (Read 19642 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: EVO class
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 06:39:52 pm »
just out there in the left.what is to stop someone building a new copy evo bike(any type)as long as it is a copy on the outside it must be able to race.the example in australian racing is brand new manx norton road racers and g50s,they line up next to gen pre62 bikes and sometimes win.if it can be done in 1 form of ma leagle racing why not in an other.but it has to be a copy as they were in the day.
some people just have to much money.when i was classic road racing in the early 80 a guy in sa was aready making manx stuff and even made a v twin jap.

It's already being done, GMC HL replica's are an example that pops to mind and a company in the U.K. are remanufacturing Mega 2 frames and swingarms.

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 06:58:15 pm »
Its only an issue on this forum.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 07:08:27 pm »
just out there in the left.what is to stop someone building a new copy evo bike(any type)as long as it is a copy on the outside it must be able to race.the example in australian racing is brand new manx norton road racers and g50s,they line up next to gen pre62 bikes and sometimes win.
Those replica road racers are really only replicas in looks, the works bikes of the time would be underpowered slugs in comparison. Thats why classic roadracing holds no interest for me unlike forgotten era where the bikes are generally hot rods not trying to pretend they're something else
From spectating at the Johnny Old meeting it looks like we run open twinshock with non linkage bikes allowed in there as well which sounds a lot like evo just with a different name

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 07:12:31 pm »
we have been racing evo up here for over
10 years with no problem
everyone rides the correct bike for the class
 ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 07:14:46 pm »
we have been racing evo up here for over
10 years with no problem
everyone rides the correct bike for the class
 ;)
Like Brad said...the problem only exists on this forum.

oldfart

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 07:22:09 pm »
Why on earth do some folk just keep grinding away at this EVO thing.  Evo is pretty well exlained in black and white in MoMs

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 07:41:48 pm »
nothing wrong with the evo rules, just how some people read them ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:58:48 pm by worms »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »
Gents - just after some info - not trying to shit stir (this time!).  Am I correct in thinking EVO class is basically post 78 pre 85 but as stated no linkage, no water cooled, no disc brakes.  Which for Honda would mean up to and including the 80 model CR250R but for some of the European brands goes later?

ta

I think you have it bang on with this statement, and to put it in other words... In The Spirit of the Era......
even though what some of the other guys are saying is correct that EVO isnt within a time frame, the bike itself has to be manufactured from new as ... no linkage ... no watercooling ... no disc brakes.
                                      ... In The Spirit of the Era...
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 08:21:48 pm »
just leave the evo class alone and for god sake get rid of this bull s!@# in the spirit of the era.
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »
Unfortunitly it's not.

nothing wrong with the evo rules, just how some people read them ;D
Again, if the rules are written in such a way that there is such polaristaion in the interpretation, then there is something wrong.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 09:20:08 pm »
All I wanted to know was what bikes it applied to  ::)
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 09:22:48 pm »
just leave the evo class alone and for god sake get rid of this bull s!@# in the spirit of the era.

The guy asked a simple question about the evo class, would you prefer that his question isnt answered? He wasnt asking about changing rules or anything like that, just info.
As for the
for god sake get rid of this bull s!@# in the spirit of the era.
I would have thought all VMX was in that vein, or do you think else-wise?
If VMX isnt in the spirit of the era, what the hell is it then?

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 09:32:00 pm »
Am I correct in thinking EVO class is basically post 78 pre 85 but as stated no linkage, no water cooled, no disc brakes.
Essentially that is the mindset of the majority of the VMX community.
However under the current GCR's, any bike produced prior to and post 1978 (regardless of when it was built) can be entered in the class as long as it is was originally manafactured (this is where the OEM comes in) with drum brakes, an air cooled engine and the rear suspension was of a non-linkage design.

Which for Honda would mean up to and including the 80 model CR250R but for some of the European brands goes later?Correct.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 09:36:52 pm »
Just my humble opinion but I think It would make things a LOT easier, less complicated and save a whole heap of arguments if they just made the clasess pre 65 , pre 70 pre 75. pre 79 pre 82 and pre 85 (and pre 90 for those inclined), don't shoot me - just my opinion.

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 09:44:11 pm »
Insert Quote
Quote from: 090 on Today at 06:58:15 PM
Unfortunitly it's not.
Where has there been a problem that you have come across?
Do you you have a condensed solution?

Just my humble opinion but I think It would make things a LOT easier, less complicated and save a whole heap of arguments if they just made the clasess pre 65 , pre 70 pre 75. pre 79 pre 82 and pre 85 (and pre 90 for those inclined), don't shoot me - just my opinion.
Pre 82 puts single shock with twin shock which isn't what its about. Maybe twin shock air cooled drum braked up to pre 85.
I stand behind what I said earlier. Only a problem on here or if you want to do something that the rules have set out not to do.