Author Topic: 2010 Crawford river classic.  (Read 16506 times)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
2010 Crawford river classic.
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:58:06 am »
26/27 June for this one

The year is slipping away and before you know it the big events are upon us,
the regulars and most heaven members are aware of this event but past time to start getting ready for this one
below are a couple of links to vids and articles on the track, lots of you will already have seen them but thought I would paste them up again for some of the new guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sMR-EYW8dI

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=video&oi=video_result&cad=13201843537288457312&ct=res&cd=3&ved=0CEQQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtzZewDRdbGA&rct=j&q=youtube+heaven+vmx&ei=h13bS4ypItCgkQWJ1617&usg=AFQjCNHm686OTuf9IeDs0_ZkokKgVInvBw

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2010/04/excursion-heaven-vmx-vintage-motocross-buledelah-april-18/

this event is aimed at the celebration of the pre 65 to pre78 era with perpetual trophy races held on the grass track

The
      Roy East shield for pre 65
     John Hine Shield for pre70
      Geoff Eldridge Shield pre75
And Ray Ryan trophy for pre78,

As well as these feature races ( which may have 2 rounds this year) there will be age races as well as normal heaven class racing for bikes up to pre85,
gates will be open on Friday for early campers (no riding friday)

full details not yet finalised but thought it time to get the ball rolling
Cheers
Noel

here is a couple off laps of the track, (bit jerky, helmet cam, but gives those who haven't been there some Idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qy_OEO1fEo

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:19:02 am by Noel »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Crawford river classic.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:36:36 pm »
Trev, the Evo Challenge is where the later eras of bikes are showcased - this event is specifically for the up-to 1977 models (although the newer bikes will get their own races).

The CRC is always a great event - I'll be there if funds/time/family permit.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:03:27 pm »
good on ya Noel
I was just thinking about doing the same thing (post)

Maybe the Victorians can come up instead of driving all the way to QLD two weeks before or even better drop in on the way home
It will be another two days of great racing
rgds

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:03:30 pm »
Did you mean to post exactly the same thing twice? Or was there supposed to be more to the second post?

I'll be very surprised (and disappointed) if Magoo is not remembered by the club in the future. But I'll be just as surprised if its tied in to the CRC, when his passion was the newer era stuff.

Bruce was an important, popular and influential figure within the HEAVEN club - just because you haven't seen the club him in the manner and time frame that you expect, doesn't mean that it won't. 
In the meantime, I think this sort of discssion, in this thread, is in quite poor taste.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

STW996

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 06:31:43 pm »
Count us in again Noel, was a great meeting last year and looking forward to it again.

Got a couple of earlier models to bring along this time to mix it up with you Southern Boys.

Shane

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 06:41:18 pm »
No offence here Trev,
Question was fair enough,details not sorted ,may be something yet
as well I believe Heaven is in Negotiations With City of Penrith who run a charity event on the dirt track Later in the year and this year will have events in his Memory,
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=12240.0
cheers
Noel
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:59:39 pm by Noel »

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:37:13 pm »
Quick update on 2010 CRC. This year shall see the format change a little , with Saturday being dedicated to the CRC trophy races, including age races and Jack Ireland invitational. Practice shall be from around 11am to 12pm, a short break, with racing to start around 12:30 to 1pm. Saturday night will see a sit down meal catered by the guys from  "Valley Spit Roast" and the presentation of trophies from the days racing. This shall be followed by lots of liquid refreshments and plenty of bench racing around the campfire. Sunday shall see two full rounds of normal HEAVEN racing. Flyer for the event shall be out next week but if you have any questions in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact mysef. Cheers.
Regards
Dan

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 10:25:18 pm »
A few more details leaking out about this ,
the feature races instead of a single longer moto of previous years will this time be a series of shorter races with aggregate point score, that should suit the older bikes and riders , lots of track time with some breaks in between  ;D,

also hear there should be some heavy earth moving equipment on sight in the week leading up to race day.

and age races will include up to pre85 on Saturday so track time for every body all weekend

cheers
Noel

shoey

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:22 am »
the feature races instead of a single longer moto of previous years will this time be a series of shorter races with aggregate point score, that should suit the older bikes and riders

"gezz that would be a shame if it went that way". Why change a succesful format

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 05:06:23 pm »
I'm just the messenger

and yes the previous format has been Successful.

But I can also see some merit  in the new format particularly for the pre65 and 70 groups and also for riders who may only race once or twice a year  and are not after an Ironman contest,

Long moto's aren't to bad in pre 78, but get progressively tougher the older the bike and rider

Plus you get to hear a start  grid of BSA and Triumph twins mixed with the old 2strokes three times in the one afternoon instead of only once. ;D

Noel

shoey

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 06:24:43 pm »
gezz that would be a shame if it went that way". Why change a succesful format

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:44 pm »
Shoey,
The feed back so far from people spoken to regarding this (mainly those who ride it) has all been positive. I know that I spoke with yourself previously regarding this and so far, your's is the only negative in regards to changing the format.
All things grow / evolve / change over time and who is to say that in five years time, the format may be totally different again. If the response from those surveyed had of been in favour of keeping the original format, then things would probably not have changed. I think that it is a little unfair to critisize the event before it has even been run. But in saying that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Cheers.
Dan

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 08:21:38 pm »
The proposed format worked really well at Canowindra last year.

I have no strong opinion either way, and am keen to try to defend my third place in the John Hine Memorial...  :D

Anyone know if Rossco400kg is going to ride his pre-70 bike this year, or put that young hotshot (Snowy) on it again?

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 10:39:18 pm »
You want to watch out Nathe, 400kilo was doing his best Carl Blecher impersonation, and riding very well in lots of races last Sunday..giving lots of blokes a hurry up!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 12:52:40 am »
That's what I'm afraid of!  :D
Being beaten by 400kgs of PA system is never good...