Author Topic: Australia's Motorcycling Heritage  (Read 1195 times)

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
Australia's Motorcycling Heritage
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:55:52 pm »
Came across this book at the local library.  What a great book by Jim Scaysbrook.  Very familiar name, isn't it.  Covers all forms of motorcycling 1946 - 2003, 384 pages.  Lots of interesting articles in year order plus photos.  Many names I remember racing against, or have heard of from the old days.  The best parts are the details of a large number of state championships each year, plus feature races, even those for WA, NT, etc.  It's edition 2, so I hope he continues with this great history of motorcycling in Australia.  Anyone else seen it?

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Australia's Motorcycling Heritage
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:10:18 pm »
Looks like a interesting book for the kids to have a flick through too.
Is there an even amount of disciplines--- like lots of WA dirt  :o   ;D    

AUSTRALIA?S MOTORCYCLING HERITAGE

Price: $98.50

Item No: 2260
ISBN: 0958605203
Author: Jim Scraybrook
No. pages: 352
Dimension: 255x290mm
HB, b&w & colour ill

From the rough post-war circuits to the current focus on Grand Prix and Superbikes, heroes from Hinton to Doohan, and the significant models which captured the buyer?s imagination and fuelled the sales industry, Australia?s Motorcycling Heritage details the course of motorcycling history through three generations.
With 352 pages presented in unique format, this book allows you to access the facts and figures or browse at your leisure. From 1946 until the present day, Australia?s Motorcycling Heritage chronicles the names, places and events that have contributed to more than half a century of our most recent motorcycling history. The index alone contains thousands of names, from the super-stars of the sport to those who?s presence was brief but significant.
Contained within this book are many classic shots from the photographers who have recorded the local motorcycling scene in the past fifty odd years. Many have been generously loaned from private collections, while others have been provided from the archives of photographers who have covered various aspects of the sport.
Australia?s Motorcycling Heritage is a unique and incisive record of our fascination for all things motorcycling.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Australia's Motorcycling Heritage
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:15:07 pm »
Yes i bought this one a few years back, its a good read.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)