Author Topic: Suzuki on show at CD7  (Read 6721 times)

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Suzuki on show at CD7
« on: April 30, 2010, 03:42:43 pm »
As you may have read, we're planning to have a feature brand at each Classic Dirt event from now on.  Funnily enough, Suzuki got the nod for CD7.  The plan is to have a big marquee filled with every Suzuki dirt model possible, up to 1985.  Every TM, every RM, TS, TC, PE, RS, and so on.  It will look sensational.

So far we have a full line-up of RM-A models (100, 125, 250, 370), A RM400C and a '83 RM250.  Can anyone who has an RM, PE, TS etc (not covered above) please contact me by email [email protected] if you can lend your bike for the display.

Thanks

Ken

211kawasaki

Re: Suzuki on show at CD7
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:49:31 pm »
Ken
will have the RH and the RN up there, got to talk Perry into riding one so he feels the love more.

TT

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »
got to talk Perry into riding one so he feels the love more.

I'd pay to see that!!
He'd get his tie caught in the chain.............  :D :D :D

btw will he actually be there, Ken?

firko

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:08:38 pm »
Kens accepted my tongue in cheek offer of my B&S TM400 so it'll be on show.

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:15:39 am »
Thanks to both Dave and Mark, much appreciated!

firko

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:17:23 pm »
I keep forgetting about this bike.....what about the PE400Z Ken?

DR

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:59:31 pm »
Fellow Suzukiphiles,

The VMX crew and Suzuki Australia are still trying fill gaps for the 'Suzuki On Show' display at CD7.

Lets help support the people who make this event possible simply by loaning your highly valued and much desired Suzuki's for this display. Even if only for short time on Saturday afternoon/evening we'd really really appreciate any help that will make this display a happening thing. The list below is growing but it's not exactly comprehensive by any means and further assistance is needed.

Please, if you have a model not listed or a variation of a model that is and if you feel you'd like to help then drop either Ken ([email protected]) or myself ([email protected])an email or reply here with your model specifics.

I for one would really like to see this plan come to fruition as I don't recall witnessing, hearing about or even reading of such a display anywhere/anytime that would or could compare. Regular people like you and I can so easily be a part of this history making achievement so let's make it happen!

Remember, your bike 'does not' have to be of showroom condition, it doesn't have to be entirely original and it doesn't matter, no-one will be judging them as such, we just need the numbers to make it happen!

Please help, this year will be our only chance for Suzuki's as the marque will be changed from year to year and keep in mind the pain we would suffer to be out-done by those nancy Honda boys, the little green men or the devil worshiping Yamaha owners. Also keep in mind, if you don't decide till the day then by all means come see us at the maquee and we'll happily count you in. Many thanks in advance and many thanks to those who have already offered their generous support 8) Cheers Doc

The list so far...

JR50C

TS90MX

TS185L

TM75 TM125K

RV125

'74 RH250

'75 RH250

'75 RN400

RL250L

RM125M

RM100A RM125A RM250A RM370A

RM250B

RM125N

RM125T RM250T RM400T

PE400T

PE400Z

RM465Z

RM250D

Boyd & Stellings TM400

The list above will be updated daily ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:10:20 am by Doc »

monaro308

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:10:59 am »
Bugger i wish it was here (melb) and would have taken these 3  :'(

DR

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 09:20:03 am »
your bikes would have been a nice inclusion Mario ;) I notice the rear end on the 125T is a little different, was that done to accept a different wheel?

suzuki43

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »
Come on men,they need more kettles and full floaters including the best 125 motocrosser ever built;the mighty 1981 RM 125X!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:28:59 pm by suzuki43 »

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 01:20:30 pm »
Doc,

I'd be interested to include my RM250B, however,

Will they expect them to stay on display for the whole weekend?

What if the owners want to take them out for a blast?

And what's the go with security? Generally you keep an eye on your bikes if they're around your camp but being away from sight it makes it hard. I'd only hope no bikes would go walking at all over the weekend, but if the worst happens, particually one's that are on display, who's responsible? Is it a trust thing?

Peter

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 01:55:39 pm »
You can leave your bike in the display for as long or as short as you like.  An hour or two, all day, it's up to you.  We'd prefer to have the most complete display on late Saturday afternoon/early evening, when the most people are expected to be around the main area for the trivia quiz and social etc.  By all means, take the bike back to your camp at night or out for a ride.  We can't unconditionally guarantee the security of any bike on site unfortunately, mine or yours.

Thanks

Ken

DR

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 02:08:35 pm »
Pete, no way mate ;) there is no pressure to leave them for the duration and you are quite entitled to take your bike for a blast as often as you'd like. It doesn't 'need' to be on display for the entire weekend. Just a couple hours when you feel fit would suffice. To have the bulk of them all collectively in the one place at the one time early Saturday evening is more or less the primary objective but again, don't feel compelled if this doesn't suit you or you feel there is some concern. I know I'll want to be riding as much as possible also so I fully understand where you are coming from.  In Ken's own words

Quote ("Ideally, We'd like the most complete collection to happen late Saturday afternoon/early
evening, when everyone is gathered around for the 'social') Unquote

As for security I'd feel there is little to be concerned about simply due to the fact it will be in the main compound surrounded by many whom will be keeping things under a constant visual. Later, on Saturday evening you could simply wheel your bike back to your camp to be secured for the night. This is actually my plan for the bikes I'll be riding. I feel certain security for the bikes left on display will be given utmost priority but we cannot guarantee 100% safety naturally. Once in the line up you can simply lock it up via whatever method you deem fit ;)  

ah Ken you're fast, you beat me to it :D  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 02:12:29 pm by Doc »

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 02:14:07 pm »
Guess I'd better start giving her a bit of a polish and tidy up then. Count my RM250B in for the Saturday afternoon to evening session at least.

DR

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 03:34:13 pm »
thanks heaps Peter, will add it to the list :)