Author Topic: Photos of The 'Johnny Old' meeting in NZ  (Read 15687 times)

TM BILL

Re: Photos of The 'Johnny Old' meeting in NZ
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 04:41:55 pm »
MC, the meeting in the weekend (Johnny Old) and CD's are two different things, so they should never be compared. Both are great and everyone needs to attend each meeting at least once.  ;D

DJ Cd is the best NON competitive event iv'e been to and the Johnny Old just edges out the Connondale nats* as the best Competitive event iv'e been to  :)

* Both fantastic tracks but the Johnny Old is much more laid back :)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 04:47:26 pm »
MC, the meeting in the weekend (Johnny Old) and CD's are two different things, so they should never be compared. Both are great and everyone needs to attend each meeting at least once.  ;D

DJ Cd is the best NON competitive event iv'e been to and the Johnny Old just edges out the Connondale nats* as the best Competitive event iv'e been to  :)

* Both fantastic tracks but the Johnny Old is much more laid back :)

Bill, your telling me that??
I do remember someone being very laid back at Conondale  ;)  ;D but yeah you have got it right about CD being the best NON competitive event you can go to, and I just hope I get to ride at the next Johnny Old.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

MC

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 05:02:55 pm »
Good to catch up with you Bill, hey I'm just like most petrol head VMXers, wasn't good enough to attract monetary attention when I was younger. Now I have the cash I'm tryin to cram as much in before I end up in a dribbling mess in an old folks home.
Thanks for the heads up - not trying to compare meets but tryin to get a handle on what we rode in on the weekend, looking to do an international road trip, some of the boys are looking at the states but I'm thinkin Aus for real VMX break, thats why I asked

Great pics and a great weekend n to any of you Aussie boys have a look at the rest of DJ's pics on Photo bucket -

Cheers MC

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 05:29:54 pm »
wow,  what a track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       Is this a once a year event?

TM BILL

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 05:38:48 pm »
Good to catch up with you Bill, hey I'm just like most petrol head VMXers, wasn't good enough to attract monetary attention when I was younger. Now I have the cash I'm tryin to cram as much in before I end up in a dribbling mess in an old folks home.
Thanks for the heads up - not trying to compare meets but tryin to get a handle on what we rode in on the weekend, looking to do an international road trip, some of the boys are looking at the states but I'm thinkin Aus for real VMX break, thats why I asked

Great pics and a great weekend n to any of you Aussie boys have a look at the rest of DJ's pics on Photo bucket -

Cheers MC

Mark you cant beat the CD events for a great trip :) however Mid ohio and farleigh castle are on the todo list when the boat comes in ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 05:45:29 pm »
wow,  what a track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       Is this a once a year event?

Dave the track reminded me of tracks back home a bit ( moreso than most tracks over here do ) do they still run events at ladies mile on the side of the A3 ?

TM BILL

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 05:54:43 pm »
I'll compare ....they are both GREEN and fantastic tracks.

Just looked at the photos again, I'm asking myself why I went to the Nats, would have been cheaper to fly over there and race. You boys where holding out on that one!. Hows ol Morley Shirrifs going these days?. How did big Les go?, not many sleeps to Conondale now, least I've got something to look forward to.

Col Metcher came to the Johnny Old along with our regular Aussie good Bastard Steve sweeny and forum member Scunge  :) Its great you blokes made it over and you picked the Premier event to come to.

Allison would love to see you and Steve over here  :) see you at CD  ;) trying to put together a trip your way for the 15th anniversary , Col tells me hes coming back out west for it  :) we better get Davey C on board for the trip , Brad to but i think he will be in Pomgolia then ;D

You went to the Nats to meet people like --ME--  ;)   ;D  and we'll meet you again at CD7 and again at Johny old in 2011 if the property owner allows.. Start savin DaveyC--just do it.
cheers

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 05:55:48 pm »
Ally, I'm talking the Broadford nats I just went to to ride around in 2nd gear and wash the bikes 5 million times!!, buuut it will be good to catch up with you at CD7.....and I will definately be at the Johnny Old next year.....riding Bills new CZ360 and a few others ;D....awesome track again boys!!...still dirty you didnt pressure me into coming over >:(
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 06:01:47 pm »
* Both fantastic tracks but the Johnny Old is much more laid back
Bill
To have Conondale even rated with that track makes me proud.  That track is awesome.  
Will it be on the same W\end next year?
Cheers
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 06:04:54 pm »
still dirty you didnt pressure me into coming over >:(

John, how about coming over for the Woodstock Bourbon World Twinshock 125 Champs the weekend before CD7 and have a week off and fly back for CD and be the International star at Classic Dirt  ;)   ;D  now I'm not trying to put pressure on you but imagine flying back to Oz as the World Twinshock 125 Champ??   ;D   ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

TM BILL

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 06:06:48 pm »
I really hope so  :) Jo and Owen the organisers really did a fantastic job  :) be really Cool if we can do it again next year ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »
No pressure at all ya mongrel!, I'll tell you one thing though after just looking at the areial shot, theres more spectators there than the Broadford nats.....and theres 6? million people that live in Melborne, sheds a diferent light on how slack the Vic's where a couple of weeks ago!!!! Whats NZed's total population.....4 million.....shame, shame, shame (I think that was said by an expat Kiwi too) anyway back too the positive side of things....much better than the sidecar crap isint it?.....

firko

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 06:23:15 pm »
Rider # 147 on page 2 is Col "Supersenior50" Metcher from the Gold Coast. The old bugger turns up everywhere.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 06:27:09 pm »
We might have to take you to Bindi's Mark to get some voodoo magic happening so we can get you back on a bike ya old codger, sail you across the seas for a ride!! ;D

firko

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 06:32:18 pm »
If you can get me further up the waiting list to have my broken body parts fixed you've got a deal. I'll have a ride at CD7 and see how it goes. I enjoyed my few laps at the HBBB.