Author Topic: HBBB program  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
HBBB program
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:05:59 am »
Hi all, yesterday (Saturday) 3 mates (not VMX followers) and myself  travelled a couple of hours to the HBBB. Because I hadn't attended last years event I didn't know what to expect. What we found was fantastic non stop activities all day that was not only very exciting for me but also very entertaining for my 3 mates who I had dragged along. The quality and variety of bikes was unreal and the riding activities that we watched were great. The motocross track had been prepared spot on for the old bikes, the Vinduro loops were really long and hilly,the short circuit and speedway circuits were prepared well,  the road race track and facilities were great but we didn't get to watch the road race action or the trials area because we just couldn't fit everything in in one day and also because we coudn't drag ourselves away from the Speedway when they bought the Vincent outfits and the pro speedway solo riders out. The sound and speed of the Vincent's was fantastic! The swap meet side was probably a little light on but I had a ball looking at all the good stuff on offer. I ran into quite a few forum members for a good talk about the great event.
I definately will attend the HBBB next year to camp and ride but I don't think for me it replaces Classic Dirt, it is just a great extra way of enjoying our sport more often without having to race as I am too old and unfit and just enjoy the social side that CD or HBBB brings. High praise should be given to Peter Drakeford and all of his crew for a fantastic event.
The legacy that Ray Ryan left for all us is VMX mag and Classic Dirt and we should just embrace this no matter where it's run or what it's called.
It is difficult for Interstate guys to attend some of these events but at least now there is more chance for everyone to attend a non competitive  social get together.
My mate and myself at this stage are planning on attending CD7 as long as time and funds permit.

Regards Stan.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:00:45 pm by Stan S »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: HBBB
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:13:18 am »
Yer well said Stan. Turnout was big and lots going on -not that much swapmeeting though seems like thesedays its more about showing off you bikes and riding .Great stuff though.

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:11:00 pm »
Gotta say looking at the photos and listening to the feedback it does look like a bloody cool event 8)

albrid-3

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:46:58 pm »
Not so cool when your maintaining 4 corner in the hot sun for 4 hours with one bottle of water that was received with great pleasure after 3 hours and run off your feet to make it safe for you riders, and having one corner steward  pi---ssing off after 15 minutes, and the other that wouldn`t get off his arse and support me., Saturday was a real great day, lucky l like bike.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 11:22:07 pm »
The Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza Program was very professional:

Stan

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 11:30:11 pm »
WOW--Thats a good lineup of riders and race diciplines--  :o
Thanks for sharing StanS  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: HBBB program
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:13:16 pm »
Am i missing something or do i read the program to say you basically gor 30 mins of riding  on say a pre75 mx per DAY ???    WTF
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

albrid-3

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 05:03:10 pm »
freaky, what are talking about. ??? ???

TT

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 05:13:39 pm »
Am i missing something or do i read the program to say you basically gor 30 mins of riding  on say a pre75 mx per DAY ???    WTF

It looks like that to me too.  :-\
e.g. on Saturday Pre 65 motocross only got to ride from 12.00 to 12.15 and then 2.00to 2.15.
Is that right?

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 05:23:32 pm »
I don't know what they were like on Saturday but on Sunday a mate who was on a pre 75 bike and me on an Evo could finish one session and pull off the track turn around and ride in the next session with out a problem.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 05:36:01 pm »
Viper 79 is correct, although the program had it as dedicated sessions ( 2 X 15 min sessons per class / day) they did not enforce it lucky as that would have been shit. it made sense to just let a few out at a time as there was not shit loads of bikes there on the track sunday to make it congested.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »
freaky, what are talking about. ??? ???

do the maths, the program says 2 x 15 min session per day. WHy would you travell 800 kn to ride for 30 mins per day ???????

Sounds like they did let you ride when ever but , maybe a bit of a risk to expect that as general rule.  I just wanted to ask the question as to doing the HBB or the nats.  I think i made the right call.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 07:31:07 pm »
Hi all, as a marshall on the MX track I'm sure everyone will agree that they had heaps of track time, it was decided to allow the track to flow on both days, after people were not turning up on time for their sessions. I know and understand that in a perfect world riding with your own class would be the ideal situation but the guys on the gate made an executive decision to keep the 15min sessions but let everyone play together.Obviously the sidecars stayed with the program and even they struggled to get to their sessions ontime. As i said the fast guys will always get past and after watching the track for 8hrs over the 2 days the incidents and off's were very few and req'd bugger all assistance from the orange people & emt's which really showed the level of skill of you guys ( and believe me some of you where hooking in :)  ) I know the closing of the track every 15mins was annoying to the guys who we let out and only did 2 laps, but the method in our madness was if we had to switch back too the program we could. but everyone seemed happy to just keep looping. I have also read that the watering was overkill but we only watered twice on sat & once on Sunday, this was mainly to keep the dust down as the road track is just over the hill. Another critercism was about the shutting down all tracks at lunch time, unfortunately this year the orange people were a little short on numbers and had to work str8 thru the day with no relief, Next year if you have time and would like to volunteer and help keep this event alive pls contact Peter Drakeford he is only to happy to have you on board and if the numbers are good then the system of working for an hour & spending an hour riding in your favourite discipline or chatting to mates & networking could be a reality. This year the orange people pushed on so that you guys could keep riding and tho it was not perfect I saw more smiles than frowns and the stationary yellow was just a reminder that it was not a race day and to slow u down near the entry point. Well thats my say on the w/end I enjoyed my time on the MX track  ( even tho I am a Vinduro rider  ) thanks for behaving and not running me over although a couple of u tried lol. Cheers The Wombat ( Red Flag finish line )      

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:43:24 pm »
G'day Wombat,

1st up Thanks for giving up your weekend so us blokes could have a ride, much appreciated mate.

the call to let anyone out was a good call and i reckon worked a treat. i rocked up to a session and a flaggy on the start  area told me there was only a minute or so and it would be 1 lap only to go in a session and i said " no worries" and he let me through no prob, i went out again 10 minutes later no prob.

if the session were stick that would have sucked as 30 minutes riding over a day is not much. glad it was not adherred to and that there was no major incidents and this format is kept for next year.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:34 pm »
orange people were a little short on numbers and had to work str8 thru the day with no relief, Next year if you have time and would like to volunteer

That's dedication,lucky they didn't just walk off flag duty.Hope they and more return next year.8)
Best is in the West !!