Author Topic: Italjet cx50R  (Read 13211 times)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Italjet cx50R
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 06:40:51 pm »
Thanks for all the info, very much appreciated.

hopefully the bike will be ready for cd7 and any short ass Honda riders are more than weclome for a spin ;D

cant stay, as i might put my foot in mouth again ::) and that really gets up peoples noses!

Cheers Trev, Worms.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »
Here's a web site for ya trev.
http://www.classic50mx.com/50crossgallery.html 
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

DR

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 08:03:33 am »
Jeez, I'd love to have an Ancillotti, Aspes, TGM or near any of those 50's! 8) They are way cool with a kapital K!
Maybe it's cause I'm small enough to ride them in their comfort zone but then maybe it's because we did not see anything much like them here but for me they are simply optical candy! Great site Noel, thanks for the link! ;D

DR

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »
Trev you're really gonna hate me for this but I was out hunting some L300 van bits yesterday and guess what I scored from an old shipping container at Rocksberg? :P  that's right, a 'complete' '77/'78 Italjet 50 ;D not the CX or PR model unfortunately though it is yellow tank job, blue frame, 10" wheels, twin shock rada rada ;D it's the auto clutch job similar to a JR50/PW50 and try as I may I simply couldn't leave it there amongst the snakes, spiders and wasps ;) New engine bearings and seals throughout but it has a carb issue hence it's been stored for years :( the guy wanted $80, I said yup and slipped him $100 :) hope to get back out and collect it tomorrow along with the van bits that I could not take at the time due to lack of space ::)
pics to follow as soon as it's in my hot little hands. Should look good parked up here with the rest of my mini's 8)

DR

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 05:10:06 pm »
pretty sure this is the same as the model I've scored only different colours ;)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 06:10:47 pm »
well done Doc!

i will start on the engine tomorrow and see how we go from there, it's allready stripped ready for powder coating and wheels are ready to go off for rechromeing and new spokes. seat will get a new cover.

i have found a site in england that i will contact about NOS spares, pistons and rings and full bearing kits, so i will let you know.

be ready to race you at cd7

Cheers Trev

Thanks to everyone for all your help

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 08:43:31 pm »
Here's some parts for ya trev ;)
http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_moto/112244694.htm
The bike next them looks intresting.

Cheers
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 09:05:29 pm »
in 1979 l was selling Italjet with Greg Flood, and l am sure we had a 125 Italjet motocross in the show room ( new ) but sighted one ever again.

viper42

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 09:15:00 pm »
I raced the 80cc model in the late 70's wasnt competative against the Jap bikes.Stripped it down and put an xr 80 motor in it. I still have the original motor. After seeing those Euro 50's I might have to use the motor again. May be a transplant into a KTM 125 roller or something similar.

Viper 42

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »
This is the model I have, as far as I can tell.

and what it looks like at present

And it will be on it's way to Suzuki Central in a few weeks
The older I get, the faster I was

Terry H

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 12:14:06 am »
hey guys its terry nock,just got on your italjet site and yes i know abit of history about the bikes and were they come from. And unfortunatly i do not own one. but now i am a vmx racer/restorer/collector. i am on the hunt any price, any conditoin. pr 50/80 1978-81 please contact. [email protected]

Offline Chris B #66

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 05:34:29 pm »
In 1979 Ricky Murphy's dad bought a super trick Erik Kehoe Italjet PR 50 into the country  ;D. It flogged everything around at the time and I often wonder what happened to that trick little bike.  :-\ I'm wondering if KB or someone else might have a decent pic of it. I'm sure T&T did a story on it....

That bike moved onto myself and later became a parts bike when the engine finally died on the starting gate at the Castlemaine Easter Challenge in 1981 back when I was racing out of Eriks Mini Bike Shop. The head was placed onto my other PR50 which had come to me via Shane Milbourne , who was also racing out of Eriks Mini Bikes at that time. I still have that original Murphy PR50 in storage :)