Author Topic: MOTORCYCLE SHIPPING USA to Melbourne  (Read 9527 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: MOTORCYCLE SHIPPING USA to Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 11:07:57 am »
thanks bjays thats what i thought

maicoman

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 12:33:53 pm »
I normally use Smith International, Melbourne. Nick Smith brought my corvette over a few years back at very reasonable rates. I recently got a quote for a bike at $500-$800 + duties. It seems it was harder for him to get a bike from NZ because the customs rules are different and more paperwork. He has a contact in Longbeach, California, and they can also help with pick up within the US.

GT

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 02:45:11 am »

I recently imported an MX bike from Connecticut USA to Fremantle ( thats that port on the west that nobody uses to bring bikes in)
all of the above problems were encountered along the way.

The bike was picked up at the sellers home address packed into a timber frame freighted across the USA to longbeach california then shipped to Freo.
all US exports have to be aproved by homeland security they require the bike has a title and a bill of sale ( the bill of sale needs to be notarised in the US the seller should organise this with the bill of sale.)
My bike had no title so the seller organised a standard letter from the Connecticut dept of motor vehicles which states that certificate of title is not required for vehicles manufactured before 1981 (different for each state)
The shipping company still had to do some smooth talking to the US customs before they finally allowed clearance.
It is very important to get your Australian import licence early on as it takes 18 working days to process at the moment. The bike will not be released here in Aus until you have a licence.

Bjays deal sounds very fair however be aware that local port charges Quarantine inspections customs entry and wharfage costs can add up to a fair amount I am not sure if some of these charges are included in Bjays pricing.
You will also be charged 10% GST on the purchase value of the bike and the freight cost. No additional duty is payable.
Hope this helps clear up a few points ask any questions and I will try and help
cheers Gary T
I have recently joined VMXWA and am looking forward to my first outing on May 23rd

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 09:15:28 am »
well my bikes have arrived.All in good condition.No hassels,no problems.i USED "BJAYS" AND I can and do recomend them.Thanks bjays.paul.
what ! Who me ? Nah

bjays

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 08:38:40 am »
Hi,GT sounds like he got it right.My price includes all cutoms,import approval,wharfage,entry fees,quarantine the lot   except %10gst
cheers

bjays

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 12:24:38 pm »
PLEASE HELP ME FILL MY CONTAINER leaving early mid oct,Dirt bikes this means anything that was manufactured for off road use has never been on road and never will   any age vintage or modern $850 first bike $700 each bike after that ,if bike has no title extra $100.roadbikes $900 $750 each extra bike  must be pre 89 and have a title,dressers extra $150.I dont want loose freight or bikes in pieces.I dont want bikes in crates just roll on roll off.my price is from LA to melb,perth guys add $400.my price includes all costs except your gst on purchase price and possible cleaning cost $100-200 only if required. i handle all paperwork with customs quarantine etc.  I can assist with getting bike to La. These prices this container only     0414959115          i