Author Topic: An Observation on Junior Motocross  (Read 4783 times)

TT

Re: An Observation on Junior Motocross
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 06:34:18 pm »
I think it's important at this stage that I make it absolutely clear that I don't, and never have, owned a TM............
Must have been LWC........  :D :D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 09:26:35 pm »
 :D   good one TonyT....ya reckon juniors are bad..  ::)   :o   seen plenty of seniors do it too,slamming helmets in the ground,standing in the middle of the track and not moving etc etc etc... all in a days flaggin.  ;D

quote:Under the " Start up program" dont juniors have to pass a laydown pick up bike test to be able to get there licence renewed ? its mandatory component of the 5 hours training component they do every year.  SO blame the club or whoever runs the training/licence renewal test days.
[/quote]

yes here in the west too,but they assume the flag person will assist on the race day. 8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »
Tony,
Bad habits are formed early. In Divi 1 here in qld parents are allowed on the track to supervise (pick up) the little tackers when they fall, fair enough I say. The problem seems to be that parents are now going out for Divi 2 races as well and again the mums and dads pick them up when they fall, it has now gotten to the point where a few are sneaking out for 65's as well, so the kids just form an expectation that someone will be here to pick them up.
Strange observation is that these kids seem to have parents who DON'T ride/race.
I will only help them out after I see that they are trying to help themselves.......and they are no further than 10m from my seat. ;D

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:18 am »
I think it's important at this stage that I make it absolutely clear that I don't, and never have, owned a TM............
Must have been LWC........   

certainly not me

try Freaky ;)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 01:11:40 pm »
WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT THE NEW ZEALANDER'S THOUGH  ;)  ;D  :P
Australia wins 2010 Oceania MX Championship

The team of junior riders representing Australia at last weekend’s Oceania Motocross Championship has arrived home after successfully defeating their New Zealand counterparts.

The 2010 Oceania Motocross Championship was held in Harrisville, New Zealand on Sunday 7 March, and Australia’s 15-strong team proved too strong in both the 125cc and 65cc classes, while the honours went to the host nation in the 85cc class.

The riders warmed up for Sunday’s trans-Tasman event by participating in the Auckland Motocross Championships on Saturday, where the Aussie juniors performed well and, more importantly, allowed the riders to familiarise themselves with the Pukekohe track in preparation for Sunday’s main event.

“The track was absolutely fantastic, but it was one where passing was difficult,” Australian Team Manager Mark Willingham explained.

“On the Saturday our riders in the older classes were encouraged to triple, not double, the rhythm section behind the start line, which in the end made a big difference to their performances.”

Willingham was full of praise for not only the Australian riders and their families, but also for hosts Pukekohe Club, the track at Harrisville as well as the general positive vibe permeating throughout the entire event.

“The club was brilliant - each of our riders and their families were billeted out to a host family, which set the tone for what was simply an awesome weekend – undoubtedly one of the best events I’ve ever attended.”

The 2010 Oceania MX Championship, unlike previous years, was held as a Juniors-only event, a format which was well-supported by both countries.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 01:20:25 pm »
As oppososed to a South Australian I know who was looking for one of those wheel spinning devices (like the road race guys use) to start his TM  ::)........

Na, in my defence it was for the the 360's in the flat trackers (no kickstarters).  i get tired bump starting every race, and back to backers are a killer. if it wont fire on your way up to the start line i can be a very long run back and forth to get life init, then you sit there sweat poring of your face and your knackered, then the gate drops......... ......  :-[
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:23:58 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

TT

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »
At least you're warmed up nicely for the race.  :D
These days it takes me ages to get warmed up and by the time I am warmed up, I'm knackered..........  :-\

211kawasaki

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 03:11:40 pm »
its the "me" generation

get everything else done for them so why not get someone else to pick up the bike. I bet Dad cleanes, services and tows the bike with little or no thanks (not all but a lot).

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 03:56:09 pm »
Not to mention works his ass off to pay for everything as well >:(

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 04:10:13 pm »
Good role models, that what we need in this society  ;D   
Now when we were kids we slept in lead painted cots ........... ;)
Best is in the West !!