Author Topic: '86 rm250 bits & pieces  (Read 1410 times)

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
'86 rm250 bits & pieces
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:36:49 pm »
Hi people,Im new to the site,only got interested in vmx after a chance meeting with A nice fellow that came over to buy some bits off me (a couple of weeks ago).Eddie offered me A ride on his RM125 at north brisbane,now im sellin my race car and buyin a couple of bikes...
Im looking for bits for A RM250 1986 model i've had layin around behind the house.I know that this model wasn't A very popular model and im hoping you guys might be able to help me out.I need A r/h number plate, A pair of radiator protectors,(the little wire ones),and A transmission set.
I rescued this bike from A barn on the northside of Brissie,very delapidated,but noticed that the old girl had A WP rear shock!Upon closer inspection I noticed extra gussets and bracing around the frame and the cylinder has A lot of porting work/mods.Im guessing that it may be A old A grade racer,(or maybe someone with too much money)but if anyone has any info,ideas please let me know.
       See you at the track soon,
                                          Whitey.

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: '86 rm250 bits & pieces
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:49:56 pm »
hey john its ed. good luck getting your parts .and nice to see you on the forum talk soon ed.

DR

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:57:37 pm »
G'day Whitey and welcome. You know I was desperately hunting an '86 to '88 RM250 last year (errr, maybe it was the year before :-\) anyway I gave up as there was little on offer locally and anything too far away was cost prohibitive..well, so I thought ::) You may or may not be interested but I do have a small collection of parts for this project that never got off the ground. A brand new genuine crankshaft assy, a White Bros rod kit, new rings, some top end gaskets/o'rings, used reed blocks (stock and aftermarket carbon tech/vforce I think) as well as some other assorted new little bits and pieces.
$350 the lot
$200 crank only
$150 for the rod kit, reed valves. rings and other assorted top end bits.
All parts I'm lead to believe will fit the '86-'88 RM250 models I couldn't find ::) Shoot me off a message if you're interested. I live about 3 mins from the BMCC (north brsbane) track. Cheers Doc 

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:31 pm »
Hey ya Whitey,good to see you on here at last.
Look forward to catching up with you again.
Welcommen. ;D

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:40:47 pm »
Hi Doc,
         Im very interested in your parts and any other bits and pieces,will contact you soon,
                                                                                                                         Whitey 43