Author Topic: the ideal ute for hauling around them there old bikes....  (Read 4860 times)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: the ideal ute for hauling around them there old bikes....
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 12:15:19 am »
he had a show on cable called hard shine one of the cars they built was his ute he wanted to paint the whole ute black but got talked out of it by the boss of the so-cal speed shop.so he just re did all the welds on the chassis re did the body the same and put green canvas on the interior.another sight for some good rat rod photos is streetrods-online.com over 350 photos of oldskool rods worth a look when you get time.and some photos of the mainline would be nice. my brother owned i think was a 27 chev ute was flat black with acme explosives sign written on the front doors 283 chev no carpet just a very basic bench seat number plates wereKAB.00M.he eventually painted it flat mauve colour red wheels whitewall tyres put 350 chev and 350 auto on gas kool old ute.cheers gary

firko

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 10:59:09 pm »
This'd be my choice for bike hauler. '59 Chevy El Camino

mainline

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:49 pm »
There's story in a Rodder's Journal mag a few years back about a (crazed) painter who had one of those as his work truck (in So Cal in the 50's). I think he had a worked Cad engine in it. Anyway, the guy would never pass up the chance to street race, towing his trailer, ladders on board the whole lot.... ;D

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 09:14:59 am »
i know a bloke down sydney that was like that with his tow truck,he owned a wrecking yard and his tow truck was an old dodge truck with big horsepower hemi v8 car on the cradle or not he couldnt resist a race off a set of lights and he didnt lose very often :o.cheers gary

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 10:47:58 pm »
I am selling a spare early 70s transporter project on ebay at present ;) item    230442977430 Cheers Tim754 8)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

mainline

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 02:29:05 pm »
or you could go for a full kustom Ranchero

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 06:48:49 pm »
I thought Mainline would rather have a Mainline ute?.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.