Author Topic: new member  (Read 4997 times)

mcmuffin

« on: February 12, 2010, 08:47:05 pm »
hi all, its time i got on board.My name is Darren McMullen i started racing at 14 ,my first race was at wallan 1974 xr75.I won my first race and could not beleive how easy it was.Marty Orchard was there and said thats a good start.I did not win again for wat seamed like an eternity.Wonthaggi was my track , at 17 (1979)  i took a brand new 250 kxa5 around vic and tassie and loved the machine.81 new cr250 that thing was wild.82 cr250 mild but slick.I lined up beside Marty Smith at Sth melb supercross 1982 he had stock 83 model he said to me if i gate quicker i should move out the way.I agreed silently, it was a great nite,4 all even the loosers .me.While i was on the starting line this guy in the stands was watching me,i knew who it was.then he got off his arse and made his way down to the starting line.I shit myself ,then he tapped my helmet and said are u this guy,i said yes,then he said your gone mate.licence cancelled for two years.End of racing.long story.fast forward 27 years 2006 i found viper,ive had a go for three years and never had more fun and the greatest bunch of guys,Vcm included.ps.McMuffin is my latest nic name i picked up at viper by steve sweeney or simon healy?.I do have some old school photos i will post soon u mite see urself.Safe racing.......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:01:15 pm by mcmuffin »

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:28:45 pm »
Welcome aboard Darren, all ready for 2010?

Rob.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

All Things 414

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 07:10:40 am »
Darren's the guy you see yelling at the sky on the start line. He has some very nice Mugans. He's still very quick but he'll be seeing the back of a 465 this year. He wears a dead possum on his head. He's a nice guy. :D

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 09:24:08 am »
G`day mcmuffin,
                       good to see you finally signed up and not just hanging around in the background. I hope you have got those Honda`s ready for a big Viper season, there`s a few more Yammies out there for you to catch.
                                                                                                                           Peter. :)
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 09:32:11 am »
Hi mate.
 Good to see you can tear yourself away from ebay.
Are you going to ride the nationals?
How about a couple of pics of the mugens?
Cheers, Brad.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:17:01 pm »
glad you got with the program Darren.

now if we could only get Martin Douglass and some ACUV stewart to explain that 27 year gap..................................................  ;)

Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

mcmuffin

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 01:49:19 pm »
Hoooony how what where. were u there or something.it was a sad mistake.But i do think i was /given a very harsh penalty.Or maybe i should have got a life ban.Any way my wife hates me having a bit of fun on the side,viper vcm that is.Thats why ive been on the side lines.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 02:01:17 pm »
so are you going to tell us WTF you did - or do I start thinking you're some creepy weird type?  ;D

mcmuffin

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 02:47:49 pm »
Luke i went to seymore and was going thru scruteneering and this (1982) mustachioed dude said eh you are not entered.WHAT THE so after a short while i noticed martin douglas did not show so i  put his number on my bike and although he was a lot bigger than i ,what the hell go out and try riding like douglas/very hard thing to do .he was fast and a little crazy.He must of wanted 2 get out of c grade...do you remember the feeling.Any way i did ok but upset the guys i beat.sorry there fathers who yelled abuse at me going back to the pits.Aprox 6months goes by im thinking i got5 away with it.......wrong supercross nite ,,,,mustachioed man in grand stand remembers my number while on starting line,,,from then on he did a good job at ending my racing.ACU gave me a 2year ban and then i lost intrest,the best thing is im still a c grader thanks to that dude god bless him.

mcmuffin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 03:39:02 pm »
Guys i had an off on the 360 at mirboo and separted the collarbone,5months on still no good. Ithink its the same injury as neale perkins ,not good.This year im almost ready but the 480 has had an upgrade  me480 top end.Also i put a deposit on a 1989 cr500 jeff leisk replica.the things we do...my wife is trying to book a cruise on the nationals god please no ive waited 30 years 4 that w/end i may miss it.She hates my fun days not even a new pair of shoess will sway her...... :-\

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 04:46:35 am »
heh heh! well done!!  I love it. I have never been able to equate having fun with the Ultra Serious racing mentality. "Nail him up. I say! Nail some sense into him!"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:48:21 am by lukeb1961 »

All Things 414

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 06:59:40 am »
or do I start thinking you're some creepy weird type?  ;D
We'll just let that one go shall we?........  :D

Also i put a deposit on a 1989 cr500 jeff leisk replica.
  :o
YOU'RE A VICTIM mCmUFFIN...... ::)

mcmuffin

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »
Im very nervous about all those 465s wanting to hunt down the very basic .old,slow worn out 480?..guys i have some bad news for you.capps incoming out with a brand new me 480.Then theres ben pengally (no relation) who kicks my arse when he wants,Hooondy with his 480 .....he doesnt know it yet.Ive found him one.Its looking very red at the front ,dont you think..... your thoughts please ;D.ps u guys will need more billet parts than ALCOA.. ;D HAPPY HOONDA HUNTING .
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:52:39 pm by mcmuffin »

mcmuffin

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 12:11:56 am »
rossco what may apear to be yelling at the sky to some .Im actually praying for a holeshot :D There i just gave away one secret.theres more just ask... :-X

All Things 414

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 04:42:59 pm »
Im very nervous about all those 465s wanting to hunt down the very basic .old,slow worn out 480?..guys i have some bad news for you.capps incoming out with a brand new me 480.Then theres ben pengally (no relation) who kicks my arse when he wants,Hooondy with his 480 .....he doesnt know it yet.Ive found him one.Its looking very red at the front ,dont you think..... your thoughts please ;D.ps u guys will need more billet parts than ALCOA.. ;D HAPPY HOONDA HUNTING .
You poor guys. I feel so sorry for you. You insist on buying this brand of bike then you basically rebuild them with all that Mugen stuff ($$$$) and make them unrideable.  ::) I can understand your pain seeing a worn-out ol' 414 Montesa go past you with a motor that was unchanged for about twenty years and it's funny looking agricultural bits hanging off it. Imagine the hurt when you're getting swamped by about seven "four-sigs -fives"?  :-[

Poor McMuffin. He'll be trying to curl up in that hat and hide....... :D