Author Topic: Honda for Magoo  (Read 10365 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Honda for Magoo
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 09:38:08 pm »
has it sold yet or is bidding still going on?

The TM pipe is in the mail truck bogged on the Nullabor somewhere- heading west  ;)  ;D
Don't know how the Honda or the tank of E74's are going  8)
cheers
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:57:53 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 10:00:21 pm »
Didn`t know Charles Darwin was into VMX ;D Thats Funny!, E74`s tank is now in the Snowy Mountains, Good donation to a good cause.
Couple of CR`s

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 10:05:15 pm »
Didn`t know Charles Darwin was into VMX ;D Thats Funny!, E74`s tank is now in the Snowy Mountains, Good donation to a good cause.

You know VMX is always evolving: CD Charles Darwin  ;)  ;D....hey snowy76 good to see you posting   :)
We going to see that tank at CD7 ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

STW996

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »
Hello everyone, Just a foot note to this thread

I would like to thank Shoey for putting this bike up for sale to support Magoo in his hour of need. He had spend a lot of time, effort and not least of all, money on the bike and is a credit to him for such and act of kindness. I am sure Shoey, we will spend some time around it at CD 7 having a beer and talking of our lost mate.

I am proud to be the one to purchase it and will be running the bike with big "M" 's on it in recognition of our great mate, so look out for it at CD 7 and Crawford River.

I would also like to thank Ribbo and his lovey wife for meeting me with the bike at the local pub at Bulahdelah to catch up and have a beer at one of Bruce's favorite watering holes.

Personally I would also like to thank everyone that has helped in Bruce's hour of need. "It goes to show how much nothing more than a common interest (in this case vintage motocross) can bring out the love in people who have given time and money to help without question"

The one thing I will remember was that very statement said by Bruce when I seen him on the Friday before his passing.

Again many thanks one and all.

Shane

See you all at CD7
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:07:20 pm by STW996 »

firko

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 04:18:18 pm »
I'm glad the bike went to a good home Shane. We'll be having a Magoorita Party in the Kevlar Kompound/Team Husky area at CD7 to celebrate Magoos life. Be there or be square. ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:20:03 pm by firko »

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 04:47:03 pm »
I'll be there with a bit of a tribute to Magoo,

I'm still struggling with it , I subconsciously keep thinking I should ring him.... :(

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 05:10:59 pm »
A big thanks to Chris Cormack & his wife Mim for offering their hospitality on Friday night, which was a dedicated fundraiser for the McFarlane family, which was attended by some of the Viper boys. Chris spoke of Magoo in great respect & young Harry did a great job of passing round the helmet doing the collection, followed by a bbq tea, a few beers, a good laugh and an auction to follow, of which we werent able to stay for. The Cormack's Butcher donated the meat & made a personal donation in support, of which all were most grateful. Although we did not know him personally, from what has been said on this forum, we are sure that Magoo would be most humbled by everyones support & generosity.

Mr & Mrs Maico #54

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 05:53:26 pm »

bloody hell Shane, when are you ever going to learn Yamahas go faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done mate, you and Shoey are top blokes and the bike has a fitting home. see you at the pub!

Cheers Trev,

shoey

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 09:03:46 pm »
Hey Guy's

We have been away for sometime and have just returned to Australia.

Thanks for the kind words Trevor.

a very special thanks to Shane for his exceptional support of the family in this matter.

Thanks to my great mate for delivering the bike to Buladehla.

As stated in this thread by others ,It goes to show how much nothing more than a common interest (in this case vintage motocross) can bring out the love in people who have given time and money to help without question"

I know its old new's but there are many , many good people associated with this hobby/sport , men's men whom Im proud to call friends and would stand with in any circumstance.
Stand we have and we will continue , only now we are minus one.

I look forward to standing around this bike with my mates , having a good old bench race over a couple of beers and sorry old mate it wont be VB.

Take care guys and god bless Bruce

Shoey

TT

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2010, 09:17:08 pm »
Well said, Shoey!

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 09:27:16 pm »
You're a good man Shoey. Looking forward to catching up.
I was chatting to Mark A. about doing a shirt ( as he gets them done) with red backs on it and Magoo and maybe the #16 or something on the back for CD. Whatcha think?

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 12:01:36 am »
does anyone know if the Red devil racing stickers are still available - I thought the figure to the right reminds me of Magoo???

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

shoey

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 10:34:15 am »
Rossco

I have plenty of the Red Devil stickers.

PM the address and i will send you some

Shoey

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 12:40:32 pm »
Just a thought for CD7.Last year they had an award for the best CZ of the meet.What about a trophy in Magoo's honour for the best dressed Honda,as he was a "man of the people",why not make it a people's choice award?What do you reckon?

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 12:28:30 am »
You're a good man Shoey. Looking forward to catching up.
I was chatting to Mark A. about doing a shirt ( as he gets them done) with red backs on it and Magoo and maybe the #16 or something on the back for CD. Whatcha think?

My opinion  ;D ..How about these- made in flooded oops sunny Queensland....
see all you Redback's at CD7 in June.  8)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Red-Back-Spider-Button-Badge-25mm_W0QQitemZ160387179352QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_
PinsBadgesPatches?hash=item2557d22358

Best is in the West !!